No straight swap please!

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

No straight swap please!

Post by inxs88 »

Despite Clark's greater upside vs Lumumba I still believe we can leverage a better outcome than a straight swap, given the interest of the Dees, Eagles and now North. Let's hold out out for a swap of later draft picks eg "3rd rd"
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Re: No straight swap please!

Post by RudeBoy »

inxs88 wrote:Despite Clark's greater upside vs Lumumba I still believe we can leverage a better outcome than a straight swap, given the interest of the Dees, Eagles and now North. Let's hold out out for a swap of later draft picks eg "3rd rd"
It's already been reported that Collingwood do not intend to negotiate a straight swap for Lumumba. Clark to Collingwood and Lumumba to Melbourne or North will be 2 separate deals.

EDIT: I've just seen the links to a reported straight swap. If it turns out that way, I'd be comfortable with that.....provided Clark's foot injuries are behind him. Given Reid's chronic soft tissue problems, the last thing we need is another crock of a KPP.

Post by 5150 »

The Sean Rusling injury ward will be standing room only.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

5150 wrote:The Sean Rusling injury ward will be standing room only.
That's assuming the respective feet are OK :wink:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

I don't think a straight swap is fair. Lumumba is a durable player who finished top 5 in our best and fairest last season. His off-field "issues" are a non issue.

Clark's barely played in 3 seasons and is recovering from depression. He's worth taking a chance on because there is upside, but he's not worth a straight swap for Lumumba.
Well done boys!
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

AN_Inkling wrote:I don't think a straight swap is fair. Lumumba is a durable player who finished top 5 in our best and fairest last season. His off-field "issues" are a non issue.

Clark's barely played in 3 seasons and is recovering from depression. He's worth taking a chance on because there is upside, but he's not worth a straight swap for Lumumba.
You're correct inky, except for the fact that Clark is a power forward and good ones don't grow on trees, whereas running half back flankers are a dime a dozen.

Having said that, I'm hoping we get more than Clark for H, but at the end of the day, I'd be happy with that trade.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^I'd not be upset if it did happen. Would at least show that the club has some confidence that Clark will be of value.
Well done boys!
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times

Post by stui magpie »

RudeBoy wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:I don't think a straight swap is fair. Lumumba is a durable player who finished top 5 in our best and fairest last season. His off-field "issues" are a non issue.

You're correct inky, except for the fact that Clark is a power forward and good ones don't grow on trees, whereas running half back flankers are a dime a dozen.

Having said that, I'm hoping we get more than Clark for H, but at the end of the day, I'd be happy with that trade.
Snap. I like H but he is replaceable with current players who may be different but can offer similar output. A Power Forward, assuming his head and feet are anywhere near decent condition, is worth more. Straight swap works for me, Melbourne don't have much else we want unless they're prepared to throw Watts or Frawley in as steak knives.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

I'd let Harry walk for nothing, the way he's been going. Straight swap for Clark would be hitting the jackpot.
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Clark for a third rounder with Harry traded for a second round pick or an unlikely late first rounder (Sydney, North, Fremantle) would be the best possible outcome.

Failing that Lumumba and our third rounder for Clark and Melbourne's third rounder.

We get an upgraded pick and gain a power forward in the process.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
bwphantom

Post by bwphantom »

Our 3rd round will get it done.
All this may be summed up in one word - CHARACTER - and if that is not worth developing, nothing is.

Jock McHale
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

bwphantom wrote:Our 3rd round will get it done.
Now that would be hitting the jackpot. With Lumumba going to North for Mullett.

If we could pull that off and manage to get Moore with our 2nd pick then I might have to pull it off too.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Clark in talks with Geelong.

Him coming to the pies appears far from a done deal as yet.

Just imagine if Geelong sign Frawley and Clark.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^^^ Yes, they'll look like an ageing mid-table team with 3 over-priced hacks from Melbourne, instead of just the 1 they have now.