Levi Greenwood - selects the Pies

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Rick

Levi Greenwood

Post by Rick »

Last night it was mentioned on Footy Classified that Levi Greenwood is still uncontracted after having a career best season and that the Pies are making enquiries along with Richmond.

Any takers?
Fatui Attata

Post by Fatui Attata »

I heard that yesterday at work from a guy with reliable in-club source. Could be a very handy mid aged pick up. Especially with Caff missing all or most of next year. Adds that bit of toughness we could do with.
I'm not the pheasant plucker I'm the pheasant plucker's son, and I'll be plucking pheasants til the pheasant plucker comes! "Try saying that with a mouthful of peanuts!!" Lou Richards
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

If he comes cheaply I'd be interested.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Definitely one we should be looking at.
Well done boys!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I only saw him play in the finals (why would anyone watch North if there was a proper game of football on at the same time?) but I thought he lacked class and was on the slow side. What do others think? I'm not interested in his stats, I'm interested in whether people think he could be a solid, contributing part of the next Collingwood premiership team.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Fellas on TradeRadio just discussing Greenwood and Terry Wallace seems to have hit the nail on the had saying "Collingwood at 28 is about the right mark". Ready made, consistent player with a desirable skill-set could slot straight in.

Apparently its between us and Richmond.

I'd be happy with that, personally.
I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

The way the footy choice marbles have been falling, he'll probably choose Richmond..... :roll:
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Pies4shaw wrote:I only saw him play in the finals (why would anyone watch North if there was a proper game of football on at the same time?) but I thought he lacked class and was on the slow side. What do others think? I'm not interested in his stats, I'm interested in whether people think he could be a solid, contributing part of the next Collingwood premiership team.
I watched a few North games this year and all the finals. I thought he was exceptional. Tough and hard at the footy, big bodied and great decision making. That said his worst game was the syd game.

He is genuinely touted as a possible B&F winner this year so for mine given the loss of Beams he would be a great addition along with the beams compo.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I honestly don't know him, but given he's 25 yrs but has only played 52 senior games, he can't be that good surely?
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

RudeBoy wrote:I honestly don't know him, but given he's 25 yrs but has only played 52 senior games, he can't be that good surely?
I DO worry about us going after players who can't get a game at North.

However having said that, I guess Leroy Brown was an exception.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

He played 22 of North's 24 games and had 550 disposals playing in the midfield. He's "getting a game" at North. I did post earlier that I think he looks to me to be a bit slow and lack class but he's certainly a bona fide senior player at North.
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

Why would North let him go if he's that good?
kill for collingwood!
camo85ss

Post by camo85ss »

I would take him an a heart beat, if we lose Beams we need another guy who can find the ball. He is another 'midget' at only 181cm but I would move other midgets on first.

Question is what do we give up for him?
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

MJ23 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:I only saw him play in the finals (why would anyone watch North if there was a proper game of football on at the same time?) but I thought he lacked class and was on the slow side. What do others think? I'm not interested in his stats, I'm interested in whether people think he could be a solid, contributing part of the next Collingwood premiership team.
I watched a few North games this year and all the finals. I thought he was exceptional. Tough and hard at the footy, big bodied and great decision making. That said his worst game was the syd game.

He is genuinely touted as a possible B&F winner this year so for mine given the loss of Beams he would be a great addition along with the beams compo.
Thanks for that response, MJ23. Sorry I didn't respond sooner - I missed yours in the flurry. I'm interested in your comment about the Swans game. I may just be marking him down unfairly on that one performance.
winpies
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by winpies »

Greenwood would be a good pickup and it sounds like we are heavily into him.

"The Magpies, who have a more urgent need for mature midfielders given the imminent exit of Heritier Lumumba and likely departure of Dayne Beams, are understood to have offered a more significant contract to Greenwood than North, which is awaiting word on the 25-year-old's decision."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/collingwoo ... 0q5mh.html
carn the mighty pies!