Would it be stupid to try this again?

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Would it be stupid to try this again?

Post by Presti35 »

This time last year Ed almost got Nick Riewoldt to the club.

12 months on and Nick has not only been an All-Australian again, but done what is truly expected of all St Kilda teams and won the wooden spoon too.

He will not play another finals series if he stays at St Kilda. I guess some may say he isn't guaranteed of that at Collingwood either.

I guess the questions are; it's 12 months on, can we persuade him to come this time? Would we want him? Would we need him? How much does he have left and could we win a flag in that time?

If those answers are all yes, then the question becomes what do St Kilda take for him?

Or am I just being a dumb-dumb?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

won't happen. reiwoldt looks like he has accepted his lot and will remain a saint for life.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

It would be stupid. We won't seriously be competing in the short term and Nick's too old to sign for the medium term.
Well done boys!
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies2016 »

He has finally started to kick straight, so he really doesnt fit into the Pies forward line now.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
regan is true fullback

Post by regan is true fullback »

20 years more or less since we nearly signed Tony Lockett but didn't, which led to the loss of our president and our coach, and years in the doldrums.

The problem with getting a big fish to the magpies is that you have to give up a lot for him, so in the case of Cousens, Judd and Fevola it just was not worth it.

If you get a young big fish like Buckley, it will pay dividends in the long run, in his case a norm smith medal. But for an old big fish, you would be looking at making the gf the following year, like with Ball and Jolley, which we ain't.

Now is the time, in the year of Merde, to load up on draft choices.