Trading up to pick 3: An idea

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Trading up to pick 3: An idea

Post by inxs88 »

Am sure the Dees want to trade Lumumba for pick 33 (The Mitch Clark pick) and the Pies would prefer pick 23 from the Dees. here is an idea:

Pies trade:

Lumumba and pick 5 (the Beams pick) to Dees

Dees trade back:

pick 3 and 33

The Dees get maintain their pick 2 for Brayshaw and have a pick still inside the top 5. the Pies can then get inside the top 3 and snare a McCartin which acts as a development player to eventually replace T Cloke.

net result:

we move up 2 spots and get the pick 33
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Re: Trading up to pick 3: An idea

Post by RudeBoy »

inxs88 wrote:Am sure the Dees want to trade Lumumba for pick 33 (The Mitch Clark pick) and the Pies would prefer pick 23 from the Dees. here is an idea:

Pies trade:

Lumumba and pick 5 (the Beams pick) to Dees

Dees trade back:

pick 3 and 33

The Dees get maintain their pick 2 for Brayshaw and have a pick still inside the top 5. the Pies can then get inside the top 3 and snare a McCartin which acts as a development player to eventually replace T Cloke.

net result:

we move up 2 spots and get the pick 33
Sounds a plan.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I am with you in regard to the upgrade to # 3 but not as keen about ending up with mccartin as a consequence. Would rather have brayshaw left at # 3 and go with him over mccartin. We have already added moore to the list and brayshaw looks like the quality we crave in the midfield. Having said that, if we do get a QUALITY player from lions, pick # 5 wont be coming our way anyway.

In Derek Hine we trust.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Dees are gettin H anyway, dont need to give anything else. The upgraded pick would suit us only not them and they are after McCartin as well.

Dees do nothing get H for a second round pick and use both first round picks for Brayshaw and McCartin - Why would they not just do that ?
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

An upgrade like that would cost us a hell of a lot more.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
burton

Post by burton »

MJ23 wrote:Dees are gettin H anyway, dont need to give anything else. The upgraded pick would suit us only not them and they are after McCartin as well.

Dees do nothing get H for a second round pick and use both first round picks for Brayshaw and McCartin - Why would they not just do that ?
He has a year left on his contract.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

burton wrote:
MJ23 wrote:Dees are gettin H anyway, dont need to give anything else. The upgraded pick would suit us only not them and they are after McCartin as well.

He has a year left on his contract.
Yes and we would take a second round pick to get rid of him.
Wether they give 33 or 25 they still get him.
We want to get rid of him.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Actually don't mind that... Assuming we get the player from Brisbane to go with pick 5

Will the Dees buy it? They get their man in H, keep their pick 23 but lose two spots with their 2nd pick. Guess it depends who they want in the draft.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930