Footy is just a job!!! A Christensen

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Footy is just a job!!! A Christensen

Post by inxs88 »

Well for many loyal footy fans to their club Alan it "ISN'T" just a job. Typical Gen Y emotionally detached, disloyal, vague "issues driven" guy whose solution is to jump ship and run away from problem and club to the "promised land".

Summary:

Alan the grass may be greener but it STILL NEEDS MOWING!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Got no issue with it... Footy IS just a job... They get paid to perform a set of duties.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

burnsy17 wrote:Got no issue with it... Footy IS just a job... They get paid to perform a set of duties.
Agree, can't on the one hand treat players like commodities, then on the other complain when they see it as just a job.
King Malta

Post by King Malta »

:lol:

Newsflash, it IS a job, and the sooner people realize that the better they'll be for it. At least Alan is being honest, unlike a certain footballer who is seemingly hiding behind other issues to get his moves.

At the end of the day it's these blokes who are putting their bodies on the line for their wages, not me or you, so if they see fit to move they see fit to move. Doesn't mean you can't dislike them or disagree with their motives, that's part of the fun of the game, but people need to accept that these blokes are professionals and they will make what they feel are the best decisions for their professional career
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

It's only the supporters who are loyal. For coaches, players and administrators it's a job.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Wow what a clinical fan forum this is! Listen to his tone at the press conference when he says it.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Brenny

Post by Brenny »

No matter the tone, it is a job.

Like mine, it is a job (I just happen to love my job).

I'm as loyal as hell to my company and I go up and beyond all the time. But when the time comes to move on, I'll move on and I'll be loyal to my new company... whilst I'm there.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

It's always about the money.
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

It may be just a job but we are all different. Some are clinical about their jobs but do their best at a professional level, others go just for the money and couldn't care as long as they get paid whilst others form a bond and give it their all and are emotionally attached.

There is more too it than just the money. For some the friendships and comradeship is very important. This will bond them to a team and is an obstacle to moving to another team. For others it is about winning premierships and some would take a lesser wage so that they can taste the ultimate in sporting success.
Last edited by Member 7167 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Then again, it may not.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Really ??, well sunshine, you are lucky you can boot around a pigskin ball and get very very well paid for it ! Wish I hadve been on that sorta coin when I was young, out there in the daily low paid grind. !!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

we're not in the 80s any more when players had to hold down a real job.
you are out of touch if you think footy is not a job. free agency legitimised the notion.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.

Post by 1061 »

inxs88 wrote:Wow what a clinical fan forum this is! Listen to his tone at the press conference when he says it.

inxs88, we're not in Kansas anymore.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

For most players it is just a job,and it's just about the money.Look at Boyd.Does anyone really believe he wants to be at the Bulldogs because they have a great working environment over there?

The only people who have a real passion for their club are the supporters-well some of them,anyway.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

John Wren wrote:we're not in the 80s any more when players had to hold down a real job.
you are out of touch if you think footy is not a job. free agency legitimised the notion.
It's been a job as long as players have been getting paid.David Cloke and Geoff Raines didn't come to Collingwood in the 80's because they suddenly saw the light, they saw the dollar signs.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.