Pick Laverde not De Goey

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Pick Laverde not De Goey

Post by inxs88 »

Dekka if Laverde is available, pick him not De Goey! Go the flashy outside, tall fast player with more upside and don't go the traditional slower, inside Pies 6 footer!!!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
themonk

Re: Pick Laverde not De Goey

Post by themonk »

inxs88 wrote:Dekka if Laverde is available, pick him not De Goey! Go the flashy outside, tall fast player with more upside and don't go the traditional slower, inside Pies 6 footer!!!
Laverde if Pickett is gone :wink:
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

It will be De Goey if hes still available.

I heard we love him.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
woftam

Post by woftam »

I think Hine & Rendell know a little more about these guys than us. I'm very comfortable leaving these decisions in their capable hands. A couple of minutes of watching highlight videos will not make us experts.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

I can live with De Goey but if we take the hyphen at 30 I'll be pissed.

Not needed just one year after taking Scharenberg and Langdon IMHO.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
swoop

Post by swoop »

Laverde reminds me of DeLidio, draft pick 3 or so wasn't he? Not the type of player I would use a high draft pick on. De Goey seems a grunt 2nd + 3rd effort type who imposes him self on the contest. Add to that his contested marking/finishing ability on the big stage and he can become the complete package, not to dissimilar in attributes to N.B.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

My 40year old ass is in the mix at 5 I heard, Hine is into me real bad, Rendall thinks I look mighty cute in jeans, I have 2 white parants to boot!!
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

The news is getting Stronger that it is going to be De Goey
I am Da Man
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Dave The Man wrote:The news is getting Stronger that it is going to be De Goey
At 12.19am???
Podpicken

Re: Pick Laverde not De Goey

Post by Podpicken »

inxs88 wrote:Dekka if Laverde is available, pick him not De Goey! Go the flashy outside, tall fast player with more upside and don't go the traditional slower, inside Pies 6 footer!!!
6 footer? De Goey's 6ft2 and still growing.

I'm happy with either, to be honest, very exciting.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

swoop wrote:Laverde reminds me of DeLidio, draft pick 3 or so wasn't he? Not the type of player I would use a high draft pick on. De Goey seems a grunt 2nd + 3rd effort type who imposes him self on the contest. Add to that his contested marking/finishing ability on the big stage and he can become the complete package, not to dissimilar in attributes to N.B.
Did you just say Deledio isnlt the type of player you'd use a high draft pick on?

Wow. Tough crowd.
Est. 2002
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

Whilst it appears the club is intent on getting a taller on-baller with pick 5, I hope they choose the 203 cm KPF Peter Wright. These type of players are hard to find and if he slips through we should grab him. Midfielders are a dime a dozen whereas KPF's are worth a million.. just ask Footscray.
Travis Cloke needs quality support now and not since Rocca / Cloke played together in 2007 or briefly in Cloke / Dawes in 2010 does Collingwood have two power forwards that worked well together.
The argument that we have plenty of taller players already doesn't cut it with me since most of the taller players we have are not classy enough to play KPF successfully. e.g. Gault, Jessie White, Keefe, Brown or our two young ruckmen. If the club does find they have too many taller players then they can trade for utilities down the track.
Wright is a prodigious talent with lots of upside who will just be at the start of his golden years at 22 when Cloke's contract expires. Perfect list management if we pick him. I would hate to watch him playing for GWS or Geelong for the next 10 years if we pass him up.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
Captain_MyCaptain

Post by Captain_MyCaptain »

swoop42 wrote:I can live with De Goey but if we take the hyphen at 30 I'll be pissed.

Not needed just one year after taking Scharenberg and Langdon IMHO.

Yeah, looks like we are after a replacement for Beams. I can live with that too. Who is the hyphen?
The window is open my friend!
dillo_09

Post by dillo_09 »

Captain_MyCaptain wrote: Who is the hyphen?
Either

Dillon Viojo-Rainbow (Hippy Parents??)
or
Ed Vickers-Willis (I just cant stop imagining him as a WW1 English fighter pilot with a leather helmet, leather jacket with sheepskin collar, big goggles and a white silk scarf that pokes out the back all the time like he is facing a breeze!! "Jolly good show old chap! and all that stuff.)
Kermit Brereton

Post by Kermit Brereton »

dillo_09 wrote:
Captain_MyCaptain wrote: Who is the hyphen?
Either

Dillon Viojo-Rainbow (Hippy Parents??)
or
Ed Vickers-Willis (I just cant stop imagining him as a WW1 English fighter pilot with a leather helmet, leather jacket with sheepskin collar, big goggles and a white silk scarf that pokes out the back all the time like he is facing a breeze!! "Jolly good show old chap! and all that stuff.)
Smoke me a kipper ...I'll be back for breakfast.