Clem Smith - The steal of the draft?

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Captain_MyCaptain

Clem Smith - The steal of the draft?

Post by Captain_MyCaptain »

Clem Smith, a rebounding back pocket type player, hard at the ball with good evasive skills and a precise kick. Likened to Byron Picket, although I see a lot of Leon Davis in him. Expected to go between 25 and 45, the Blues picked him up at pick 60!
OK, so he's a midget at 177 cm but he was an All Australian last year so he can obviously play.
Just my opinion but this kid could be the steal of the draft.

Cheers.
The window is open my friend!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
Skids
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

Don't count the days, make the days count.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

I prefer to think our boys Maynard and Abbott will end up being the steals of the draft.

Smith fell down the order due to the knock on his kicking during actual matches (tested well) and more importantly concerns over his fitness and commitment levels.

He might shape up now and become a very good player but he didn't suit our requirements this draft at his height and with those queries.

It'll take a good 3 to 4 years most likely before we have any real idea which players were the steals of this draft anyway so until then it's all conjecture.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

Ha if he was that bad we would have picked him. Why are we discussing a scum player anyway?. He is now nothing to me.
Dr Pie

Post by Dr Pie »

swoop42 wrote:I prefer to think our boys Maynard and Abbott will end up being the steals of the draft.

Smith fell down the order due to the knock on his kicking during actual matches (tested well) and more importantly concerns over his fitness and commitment levels.

He might shape up now and become a very good player but he didn't suit our requirements this draft at his height and with those queries.

It'll take a good 3 to 4 years most likely before we have any real idea which players were the steals of this draft anyway so until then it's all conjecture.
I don't know about that. I was prepared to claim Tom Langdon as the "steal" of last year's draft well before his first season was over. You don't get that many pick #65s who play 19 games in their first season.
Born and raised in Black and White
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Isaac Heeney
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better