PROUD TO BE A PIE

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

JLC

PROUD TO BE A PIE

Post by JLC »

Being over at Football park it was great to see the Collingwood Cheersquad in action. I think the Cheersquad were great and were very loud. I think it was great to see Alf run through some of the chants with the people who are not cheersquad regulars as it makes them feel welcome.

It was great to see Magpie Girl19, Elvira and the others in full voice. It makes a huge difference when everyone cheers and do things together.

Next time i want to come and sit with the cheersquad for the whole game. I tried booking with the club to sit with the cheersquad but the guy at thew club told me that i had to attend some lunch as well ?? I ended up with seats near the Collingwood race right in Crow heartland. I thought that was great initially as i really enjoy giving it to the opposition supporters. However i think i realised that i enjoy it even more being around passionate Collingwood supporters and sharing the spoils of victory with them.

Anyway congratulations to everyone and hopefully next time i can come and be part of the action.

Let's get down to business
I don't got no time to play around, what is this?
Must be a circus in town, let's shut the shit down
on these clowns; can I get a witness? (HELL YEAH!)
Dr Alf Andrews

Post by Dr Alf Andrews »

Thanks, JLC. It was great to see you there. And I've already mentioned the Circle in a couple of threads in General discussion.

And a special thanks to all the Adelaide-based Collingwood fans whose enthusiasm made it a day to remember.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
Ian

Post by Ian »

OH YES WHAT A BRILLIANT EFFORT BY THE CHEERSQUAD.WAS SITTING ABOVE YOU GUYS IN THE NEW STAND - CHANTS REALLY ECHOED AOUND THE PLACE.ALF - MET YOU OUT THE BACK BEFORE THE GAME,DONT KNOW IF YOU REMEMBER,DECIDED TO SIT IN ACTUAL RESERVED SEAT IN THE END.
Dr Alf Andrews

Post by Dr Alf Andrews »

Yes, Ian. I remember meeting you.

That new stand is the best thing that ever happened to Football Park. It does wonders for the acoustics. The northern end is the best spot for a Cheer Squad, definitely.

Glad you could hear us, loud and clear.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net