Adam Treloar

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

John Wren

Adam Treloar

Post by John Wren »

treloar or danger?
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

So rumour now, seems we are offering big bikkies for Treloar. If true how does this sort of thing get leaked?

1. Player Manager upping the ante?
2. Inadvertent slip - loose lips?
3. The club - not sure why

What would we need to offer the club in return?

White & Young?
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Barrett on the footy show just said we are seriously into Treloar despite what Collingwood will say publically and are going to offer him 5 years at 3.5m.

I would go Treloar, Danger might be past his best when we next challenge for a flag.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Treloar much better option than Dangerfield. 22 years old vs 25. More prolific and has more upside in the long term.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

watt price tully wrote:So rumour now, seems we are offering big bikkies for Treloar. If true how does this sort of thing get leaked?

White & Young?
Try the first rounder and a very good player, for a start.
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Hate to say it but Jarrod Witts is the obvious currency here given the age of Mumford, the NSW connection with Witts and the modern day difficulty of playing two bona fide Ruckmen in the same team.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

inxs88 wrote:Hate to say it but Jarrod Witts is the obvious currency here given the age of Mumford, the NSW connection with Witts and the modern day difficulty of playing two bona fide Ruckmen in the same team.
Why would Collingwood give up one off only two ruckmen on the list?
What happens if Grundy gets injured?
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

watt price tully wrote:So rumour now, seems we are offering big bikkies for Treloar. If true how does this sort of thing get leaked?

White & Young?
Keefe and thomas.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

MagpieBat wrote:

White & Young?
Try the first rounder and a very good player, for a start.
You have no idea, first round and maybe a second rounder. He ain't that good!
There is Collingwood and then the rest.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Danger.

Get him for free in terms of trades and doesn't turn 26 to the start of next season so has plenty of good years left.

Treloar would cost us plenty in terms of trade and the price tag isn't high enough to scare others away in the PSD.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Az

Post by Az »

Treloar would be gold, going to have to give up something good. GWS better remember the favor we did them in paying some of Heater's contact too.

Not at all confident in his signature seeing as though he's the only one out of all the high end out of contract/free agent players to have publicly stated he wants to stay a GWS man.

If not, make a hard play for Danger, Shiel or Aish.
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

I heard that Dangerfield has recently brought a property on the Surf Coast. If true, I'd say he is committed to Geelong and isn't worth wasting our time pursuing.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Treloar or Shiel Id have either.
Been watching them both since they were playing in blacktown.

Shiel was my early favorite however Treloar last year wow.

They are both jets, Treloar half way through the year had stats up there with Fyfe and Pendles.

There is no way we'd give up Witts and they dont really need a ruck, They have more blokes in their side able to ruck or developing in the ruck than we do.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

scoobydoo wrote:
inxs88 wrote:Hate to say it but Jarrod Witts is the obvious currency here given the age of Mumford, the NSW connection with Witts and the modern day difficulty of playing two bona fide Ruckmen in the same team.
Why would Collingwood give up one off only two ruckmen on the list?
What happens if Grundy gets injured?
Look this is about trading facts, money, TPP contracts, list management and reality have nothing to with it. Witts may be happy here and not want to leave, he may have a contract but since when should these be considered when getting rid of a player.

Dont forget if a player wants to leave he is a traitor, a mercenary and what about loyalty?
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Could this be the first deal where future draft picks are given up? Say Our first pick this year and our first pick next year?

What is the clubs priority come recruiting time? a KPP? a Midfielder? Midfielders grow on trees, KPP's don't.