Crows chasing Scharanberg

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Crows chasing Scharanberg

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
Doc63

Re: Crows Chasing Scharanberg

Post by Doc63 »

I'm not surprised. But you'd think he'd stick around for a while after all he's been through.
I hold a cup of wisdom, but there is nothing within.
melliot

Post by melliot »

I may be silly, but isn't Danger a restricted free agent? So why would we trade Scharenberg for him?

It's a matter of who Danger chooses to play for and if Crows choose to match the offer.

However, if Scharenberg chooses to leave, we can trade or he goes back to the draft. Personally I'd be flawed if he left.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

I'd be bitterly disappointed if he left considering the faith we've shown.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Why was it put here so early in the Season.

I thought it was okay to post that stuff and Stays up for a Week or 2.

Now it will sit here and no one will read it
I am Da Man
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

I could have sworn he signed a contract extension at the end of last year.

Can't see him leaving.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

melliot wrote:I may be silly, but isn't Danger a restricted free agent? So why would we trade Scharenberg for him?

It's a matter of who Danger chooses to play for and if Crows choose to match the offer.

However, if Scharenberg chooses to leave, we can trade or he goes back to the draft. Personally I'd be flawed if he left.
You misread the article, it said the crows would have a spare million to go after the likes of Shazza, but they would still have to please us on the trade table.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

melliot wrote:I may be silly, but isn't Danger a restricted free agent? So why would we trade Scharenberg for him?

Agree - Be massive Surprise IF he asked to be Traded
I am Da Man
RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

No-one's suggesting we'd trade Scharenberg for Dangerfield. What is being suggested is that if the Crows lose Dangerfield they will have a shit load of money to attract new players, one of them being Scharenberg. We can only hope he plays senior footy in the second half of the season and then wants to stay.
Az

Post by Az »

We showed faith in him by taking him with our first pick. Surely he'll return that faith and sign on. He'll get in some solid games in the VFL, work his way into that form that would have had him snapped at pick 2 if not for his feet, and finally play some senior footy. By all accounts he has a decent head on his shoulders, and to turn your back on the club that has helped you through a very big hiccup in your career... kid would be mad to do that even if the lure of home seemed irresistible.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Az wrote:We showed faith in him by taking him with our first pick. Surely he'll return that faith and sign on. He'll get in some solid games in the VFL, work his way into that form that would have had him snapped at pick 2 if not for his feet, and finally play some senior footy. By all accounts he has a decent head on his shoulders, and to turn your back on the club that has helped you through a very big hiccup in your career... kid would be mad to do that even if the lure of home seemed irresistible.
Agree - He would not look great. IF he left after 2 years.

When we drafted him so Highly when he had Bad Feet Problems
I am Da Man
melliot

Post by melliot »

RudeBoy wrote:

No-one's suggesting we'd trade Scharenberg for Dangerfield. What is being suggested is that if the Crows lose Dangerfield they will have a shit load of money to attract new players, one of them being Scharenberg. We can only hope he plays senior footy in the second half of the season and then wants to stay.
Must have misread it. So I'm probably silly.

Will have to be pick 6 or better. But you'd think he'd want to repay the faith after our wait for him to come good.
toovmeister

Post by toovmeister »

I love the way the dangerfield camp has all and sundry fooled into thinking he's heading to Geelong just because he's from down that way. He'll be coming back to victoria ok, but he ain't heading for the cattery and is going to be some bombshell when he lands at the pies
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

His Manager is behind the leak to increase his pay in negotiations. Suckers.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

i doubt schazza is going anywhere. it's exciting times at camp westpac.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.