Discussion regarding Dunstall threads 24-May

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Deadset pathetic

Post by King Monkey »

1 or more of you mods is past it - if deleting threads about biased commentary at an interstate game, and blocking someone for starting them is to be the norm......

Abuse. Of. Power.
It's a fan site, not a personal blog.
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

I'm not sure which threads you're talking about, KM, but if it was the one about Dunstall being a 'fat c', then that poster was way out of line and can consider themselves very lucky not to have been carded.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
King Monkey

Post by King Monkey »

No David, not referring to that guy...........
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Golden Gordon

Re: Deadset pathetic

Post by Golden Gordon »

King Monkey wrote:
Abuse. Of. Power.
It's a fan site, not a personal blog.
Well said.

One more point. I noticed today that the scores to other games were being posted in Nicks Other AFL. The time when I went there (just after 5pm Sunday) I was the only registered user. Why on earth can't scores to all games be posted on the main bulletin board? People are voting with their mouses obviously. They do NOT want to come over to other forums. Most people are only interested in general discussion. Just a suggestion.
You can keep your Locketts. There was only ONE Gordon Coventry!
Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

September Zeros wrote:The commentary compared to the norm was in many people's opinion poor and unprofessional. So we say so and move on. So what?? People express opinions on here all the time that cause debate.

Yet our expression of distaste for their above average bias was met with many of us being labelled "whingers" by a mod on nicks. That fine, our skins thick enough for such limp wristed quips even if they were a little left field. But It was the deleted posts and thread topics discussing the matter, simply because it didn't fall in line with his own point of view that I thought was weak. There's a difference between whinging and pointing out an inconsistency.

It was poor form by the commentary team. And even worse form from you Donny, not to mention unecessary.

That's all I shall say on the matter......
Absolutely incorrect. Several attempts at starting and naming a topic about Dunstall's comments simply breached Nick's Rules re. gratuitous foul language. They were deleted.

This one was not. The 'Pig' reference is Dunstall's nickname. No problem.

My personal opinion of his reaction to White's mark is in this thread.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
King Monkey

Post by King Monkey »

Donny, that's a complete lie!!
At least man-up and give the real reason you kept deleting those threads.

1 fella posted something about Dunstall being a "fat c***" and so and so and so....... Fair enough deleting, a bit over the top.

The ones I started were using his nicknames of "Pig" and "Bunghole", as this thread that has survived has done. And the sentiment was exactly the same, attacking the man's commentary, not the actual man.

Admit it Donny, you have/had your back-up for whatever reason, and went above your station as a moderator with a big middle finger to us!!
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.