#12 Matt Scharenberg

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

#12 Matt Scharenberg

Post by dalyc »

Hi all, the lasts two paragraphs of this article makes me wonder whether we're regretting picking shazza at 6. I hope we haven't stuffed it.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... hvltd.html
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Doc63

Re: Scharenberg - regrets?

Post by Doc63 »

dalyc wrote:Hi all, the lasts two paragraphs of this article makes me wonder whether we're regretting picking shazza at 6. I hope we haven't stuffed it.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... hvltd.html
I think his foot problems were pretty common knowledge by the time the draft came around. We knew the risk, and drafted him anyway.

He doesn't have to play seniors at all this season as far as I'm concerned. Its not as if we are contending for the flag. Get him right, ease him into the VFL, and get him right for round 1. He's just a kid. he has plenty of time.
I hold a cup of wisdom, but there is nothing within.
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

Haven't we gone through this already? That's enough.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Perhaps. What do you really want to ask me?
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Darkstranger wrote:Haven't we gone through this already? That's enough.
Don't read the thread if you don't want to.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Hard to regret recruiting a kid that still has every possibility of playing this year. And his foot problems were very well documented. I think you're reading into that article a bit to much.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

I read all this as "League doesn't like clubs to know something the others don't". I'm getting pretty sick of 'equalisation' in football, and it now seems to be headed to recruiting. No more finding a gem in some shitty league because you've got amazing scouts, now the club will have to let the AFL who they talked to, when and who was paid to find the kid.

All seems very Soviet Russia. Vlad leaving his final mark on the game or just more of the same from the new guy?
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

The AFL Want Total Control.

Well way to early to know about Scharanberg yet. He is still a Kid
I am Da Man
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

Wokko wrote:I read all this as "League doesn't like clubs to know something the others don't". I'm getting pretty sick of 'equalisation' in football, and it now seems to be headed to recruiting. No more finding a gem in some shitty league because you've got amazing scouts, now the club will have to let the AFL who they talked to, when and who was paid to find the kid.

All seems very Soviet Russia. Vlad leaving his final mark on the game or just more of the same from the new guy?
This, absolutely this.
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

What I want to read is something different to what we already have seen or read, get it?

Not to complicated.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

To quote Edith Piaf: "Non, je ne regrette rien"
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Last edited by watt price tully on Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

Josh Thomas is an example. We recruited him and his first season he didn't play VFL til about June as he had surgery on both his shins. It was something we knew would need to be done and we recruited him anyway.

I for one am glad we did.
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Proud Pies wrote:Josh Thomas is an example. We recruited him and his first season he didn't play VFL til about June as he had surgery on both his shins. It was something we knew would need to be done and we recruited him anyway.

I for one am glad we did.
I can't stand Josh Thomas, one of the most unfunny comedians I've ever seen. "Look at me, I'm gay" isn't a damn JOKE you douchebag.

oh... the other Josh Thomas, carry on. :lol:
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond