Post inauguration Trump:

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post inauguration Trump:

Post by watt price tully »

In my view we need a new thread for post inauguration Trump.

Lets's deal with the facts (OMG)

1. Just about everyone says he's inauguration was smaller than both of Obama's except a few crackpots.

2. Trump says the media peddles lies & this is another one

3. Trump is caught lying (again)

The issue is not the numbers but (of course) the message, the don't trust the media which appeals to the right wing nutters & conspiracy theorists. It allows Trump to keep on lying & not allowing him to be held to scrutiny.

Paul McGeogh calls it nicely (won an Anzac daY medal in the wet some years ago I'm led to believe - well I read it in a tweet):

Alternative facts, fake news and Trump's war on mainstream media

Photographs and video analysis by crowd size experts, reported by The New York Times, suggests Trump's inauguration crowd was 160,000 - just a fraction of Trump's estimate of up to 1.5 million......

The experts estimate the 470,000 participated in the women's march in DC. And when attendance at similar marches in other US states are thrown in, the total protest is estimated to have included from one million to 2.6 million people.

That makes them the biggest protests since the Vietnam War; and in anyone's language, a passionate pushback to a new presidency

[/b]

http://www.theage.com.au/world/alternat ... twmdl.html
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Honestly, this is pretty trivial, isn't it? I get that it's symptomatic of his mentality and war with facts, but Trump has already lied about so many things of so much more consequence.

All the stuff about crowd sizes in the last few days is almost as bad as the liberal gloating over the lack of celebrities at his inauguration, as if having Bono perform for you is an honour and not, say, deeply embarrassing.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

David wrote:Honestly, this is pretty trivial, isn't it? I get that it's symptomatic of his mentality and war with facts, but Trump has already lied about so many things of so much more consequence.

All the stuff about crowd sizes in the last few days is almost as bad as the liberal gloating over the lack of celebrities at his inauguration, as if having Bono perform for you is an honour and not, say, deeply embarrassing.
I don't think crowd sizes is the main game: the use of words such as Alternative facts, the lack of scrutiny, the idea of going for mainstream media while making the primacy of social media are the bigger issues from the reality TV exponent.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Don't care.

this shit, along with the demonstrations, is just a sideshow.

All the petulant petals who are in denial that Trump is now POTUS, including many in mainstream US media, need to build a bridge.

The faux leftie "artists" who think that having a public profile and being paid obscene amounts of money to basically play make believe qualifies them to comment on social and political issues should refer to this flowchart.

Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Morrigu

Re: Post inauguration Trump:

Post by Morrigu »

watt price tully wrote: The experts estimate the 470,000 participated in the women's march in DC. And when attendance at similar marches in other US states are thrown in, the total protest is estimated to have included from one million to 2.6 million people.

That makes them the biggest protests since the Vietnam War; and in anyone's language, a passionate pushback to a new presidency
Wonder how many actually got of their butts and voted?

On another note that Madonna is a class act! :roll:

No wonder her kid wanted to stay with his old man!
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.

Post by 5150 »

stui magpie wrote:Don't care.

this shit, along with the demonstrations, is just a sideshow.

All the petulant petals who are in denial that Trump is now POTUS, including many in mainstream US media, need to build a bridge.

The faux leftie "artists" who think that having a public profile and being paid obscene amounts of money to basically play make believe qualifies them to comment on social and political issues should refer to this flowchart.

I may use that flow chart many times over the next 4 years...
Thanks Stui.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

All good mate, feel free.

the cognitive dissonance is strong though. don't expect to change many minds but have fun watching their brains explode. :wink:
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

I don't get why they keep comparing Trump's turn out against Obama's.

Obama was the first afro-american president so his inauguration had some historical significance. Not sure that the first orange president counts, plus the weather forecast was for rain.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Bucks5 wrote:I don't get why they keep comparing Trump's turn out against Obama's.

Obama was the first afro-american president so his inauguration had some historical significance. Not sure that the first orange president counts, plus the weather forecast was for rain.
Plus plenty of people couldn't actually get to it because of the protesters
Mountains Magpie

Post by Mountains Magpie »

In other news, a bill was introduced to Congress earlier this month which, if passed, will see the USA puling out of the UN.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... l/193/text

Worth watching the progress of this one.

MM
Spiral progress, unstoppable,
exhausted sources replaced by perversion
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Bucks5 wrote:I don't get why they keep comparing Trump's turn out against Obama's.

He could also read and write and speak more or less cogently, so there was probably a degree of general interest in hearing what he had to say. The present ordinary, common or garden real-estate developer member of the ruling class, born into massive wealth, not so much.
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

Mountains Magpie wrote:In other news, a bill was introduced to Congress earlier this month which, if passed, will see the USA puling out of the UN.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... l/193/text

Worth watching the progress of this one.

MM
Good I hope they do and we should as well biggest con of an organisation ever!

They started out with ideals but have increasingly become an ineffectual corrupt waste of money!

How can anyone possibly think they are not corrupt when in 2016 they elected Saudi Arabia to a 3-year term on the UN Human Rights Council!!!

I agree with Trump club for people ( IMHO hangers on and social wannabes) to have a good time - piss them off they cause more issues than they ever solve and waste squillions of dollars that could be much better spent :evil:
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:

Plus plenty of people couldn't actually get to it because of the protesters
And parking around there is non existent
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:Rita Panahi nails it IMHO

So you do care after all :wink: :P