#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

qldmagpie67
Been liked: 74 times

#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Hi all, as everyone would be aware I am a big Beams fan and I decided to watch the game a 2nd time to try to capture his whole game.
We all saw the inside 50's which early on where vital to get us going.
We also saw him working hard as a link man on the wings.
The part I didnt readily see on 1st watching the game live was the amount of hard running foward and back.
On at least 8 occasions I watched him tagging his opponent back when the dons made forward thrusts but the minute a turnover happened he worked even harder going forward for us to give our players a option.
The other part was his in & under work, tackling and if I counted correctly 5 sheppards.
I know we were all impressed by him last year but I believe this is the type of game the brains trust would have been wanting from him and will be his role in years to come.
Love to hear everyones thoughts.
PS no disrespect to penders but I thought Beams shaded him narrowly but then again medal could have gone to 6 - 8 players really.

Cheers
magpietragic

Post by magpietragic »

Totally agree, unlucky not to get the medal. He is a beauty. Not bad for pick 29!

Hands off Gold Coast he is going no where.
ConBigWig

Post by ConBigWig »

I would say it a game defying moment, however he did have a very good game.

There's a lot of improvement left in Beams and his best is yet to come. Can't wait for when he hits his peak. The same can be said for Sid.
Con Nose Evrythin, you see

"Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol"
sportingtragic

Post by sportingtragic »

reckon the making of dayne beams was about 20 years ago... ;-)

deserved the medal though
Akos

Post by Akos »

I have given up trying to decide who is going to be better between Steele and Beamsy - i change my mind every week! theyre gonna share a Brownlow one day...
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Beams didnt need this week to be 'made'.... he has already made it and is in our best 10 players i would think.

You watch when he kicks into the forward line from the midfield where he kicks it.... he tells the forward where to lead with his kicks.... that is brilliant awareness.

He's GOLD.
Last edited by burnsy17 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
mattys123

Post by mattys123 »

I think the thing that stands out when you watch Beams and Sidebottom is their incredible "football intelligence", or "football brain" as some call it.

For their age (19 + 20), they may well be the 2 smartest players in the competition, as they just seem to be able to think through a process before being involved in any passage of play.

Both do not turn the ball over much, and when they do, it is such a shock you almost can't believe it.

I still shake my head every time they run out, that they are both playing for us, as Hine and Malthouse have publicly said we had trouble deciding who to take first in that draft, meaning like now, we rated them about equal.

We have picked up two 200 game class midfielders in one draft, and still have the likes of Blight, Rounds, Reed and Blair to come.

Could be our very own Superdraft. :D
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

Gun! Absolute gun that showed his awesomeness from his first game.
kill for collingwood!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

mattys123 wrote:I think the thing that stands out when you watch Beams and Sidebottom is their incredible "football intelligence", or "football brain" as some call it.

For their age (19 + 20), they may well be the 2 smartest players in the competition, as they just seem to be able to think through a process before being involved in any passage of play.

Both do not turn the ball over much, and when they do, it is such a shock you almost can't believe it.

I still shake my head every time they run out, that they are both playing for us, as Hine and Malthouse have publicly said we had trouble deciding who to take first in that draft, meaning like now, we rated them about equal.

We have picked up two 200 game class midfielders in one draft, and still have the likes of Blight, Rounds, Reed and Blair to come.

Could be our very own Superdraft. :D
Also how did Beams get to Pick 29 in the 1st Place. Why where we the only team to see his Potential
I am Da Man
loki04

Post by loki04 »

burnsy17 wrote:Beams didnt need this week to be 'made'.... he has already made it and is in our best 10 players i would think.

You watch when he kicks into the forward line from the midfield where he kicks it.... he tells the forward where to lead with his kicks.... that is brilliant awareness.

He's GOLD.
+1

Was a great pick up the club and Sidebottom as well, great draft that.
Up the Mighty Mags 2016.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

I like the way he makes very good decisions with the footy in hand!..... & executes!

Post by 5150 »

He's not a gun....

He's a friggen Cannon! BANG!!!!
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Being suspended from the team has turned Beams around. Since he has come back in he has improved every week.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Dayne Beams is a gun.

He says Josh Thomas is better.

God help the competition if he's right!

P.S-Anyone miss O'Bree on Sunday?

Thought not.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

This was definitely Beams' best game yet. Apart from his possessions and good disposal, I was particularly pleased to see him add some real defensive grunt to his game. We've all known he's courageous, but until this week he has often let his opponent run free without applying defensive pressure. If he can maintain this sort of form, he'll play a big part in winning us a flag in 2010.