What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Post by David »

Okay, I've been thinking of doing this for a while, but here goes. The "What Pisses You Off?" thread has been summarily executed (i.e. locked), for the reason below:
David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:Is there any danger one of the mods could do something useful and split the relevant content into a separate thread?
It wasn't possible, unfortunately. "What Pisses You Off?" and similar mega-threads are, due to their size, fully mod-proof. Nothing can get split from here, only permanently deleted. So any discussion that starts here is stuck here until someone starts a new thread. So there's something that can piss all of us off. :)
If this (or anything else) pisses you off, please feel free to post about it in here!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Shattered. There was some good work in that thread, now it's doomed to drift slowly off the main page, never to be bumped. :cry:

13 years ago I started that thread, back when I was clinically sane, still had a sense of humour and life was different.

In homage, here in the second post of the new thread is the link to the original. When someone stumbles on this thread at some future point, get supplies, sit back and spend an afternoon reading history.

viewtopic.php?t=37644&start=0
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

Ah yes I have many a drunken fond memory in that thread! Cheers! Hic!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

stui magpie wrote:Shattered. There was some good work in that thread, now it's doomed to drift slowly off the main page, never to be bumped. :cry:

13 years ago I started that thread, back when I was clinically sane, still had a sense of humour and life was different.

In homage, here in the second post of the new thread is the link to the original. When someone stumbles on this thread at some future point, get supplies, sit back and spend an afternoon reading history.

viewtopic.php?t=37644&start=0
Ah memories so many long gone from Nicks now! Have to laugh at what gets a naughty slap now compared with the then - “ Testosterone Tavern” .
Last edited by Morrigu on Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
luvdids

Re: What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Post by luvdids »

David wrote: Okay, I've been thinking of doing this for a while, but here goes. The "What Pisses You Off?" thread has been summarily executed (i.e. locked), for the reason below:
David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:Is there any danger one of the mods could do something useful and split the relevant content into a separate thread?
It wasn't possible, unfortunately. "What Pisses You Off?" and similar mega-threads are, due to their size, fully mod-proof. Nothing can get split from here, only permanently deleted. So any discussion that starts here is stuck here until someone starts a new thread. So there's something that can piss all of us off. :)
stui magpie wrote:Shattered. There was some good work in that thread, now it's doomed to drift slowly off the main page, never to be bumped. Crying or Very sad

Is this the very definition of "be careful what you wish for"?? :P
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Absolutely. :(
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Fkn right shoulder. I need to get back on the weights and either fix it or break it. :x

I'll add, cold weather.
Last edited by stui magpie on Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

Stevic

And closed threads
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

stui magpie wrote:Fkn right shoulder. I need to get back on the weights and either fix it or break it. :x

I'll add, cold weather.
Interesting I posted this 9 days ago, it must have come good for a few days then been horrible for the past 2.

It's a fkn ache that 2 panadol and 2 neurofen does nothing to, but I figured out today it's neck related. Now to see if I can fix it without going to the physio
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Missing out on winning Tattslotto by 1 f**king number.

5 straight.

So depressing to get that close.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Don't you still get a decent score from that?
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

stui magpie wrote:Don't you still get a decent score from that?
Not really. 3rd division $745.

Pretty lousy when you think that's as close as most people will ever get and even then it's not that likely.

5 numbers plus the supp was over $6,000 which I would have been very happy with.

The sad irony is that I've long maintained I'd rather smaller 1st division jackpots and a fixed amount of say $10,000 for those who get 5 numbers plus each week.

$10,000 gets people a decent used car, bathroom renovation or good holiday.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

stui magpie wrote:Fkn right shoulder. I need to get back on the weights and either fix it or break it. :x

I'll add, cold weather.
I tore a tendon in my shoulder and it's never been the same, I've started doing standing shoulder presses though and it's really helped. Started light at about 20kg on the bar and could barely do it (I used to press 60kg x 10 in my normal routine). Really helps stabilize the joint so far though.
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

I could think of a better way for Stui to exercise his shoulder and all from the comfort of his living room chair.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Dude, break up the routine, use your left hand sometimes. :P