Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Post by David »

You know the drill.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

WTF? Where is our WTFs?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Pi

Post by Pi »

yes....our WTF's have fu#@ked off and flew around and fu#@ked off again.... :lol:
Pi = Infinite = Collingwood = Always
Floreat Pica
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Here’s the old thread, for posterity’s sake! viewtopic.php?t=70732
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Headed up to Tocumwal for a few days, beautiful day today but fkn cold air. Seems the town beach and those on the NSW side are still closed but there's caravans and Winnebagos everywhere and campers in the forest on the Vic side. Mexican Terrorists everywhere. I fkn hope they have good sleeping bags, it was -1 last night and similar tonight, no fkn chance id be camping on the river this time of year.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

I haven't even read this article yet, but I figure this beggar thread needs some charity from me :wink: :

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/05/euro ... index.html
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Gezuss, below 0 last night and foggy morning. Went for a walk , could barely see across the river, fair few campers over there
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

What sort of parents did these kids have.

I am staggered by the number of teenagers roaming the streets at night.

https://www.news.com.au/national/queens ... 7e0932292c

While harsh, I also think the world is net better off with this event. Can’t imagine these delinquents doing much more than wasting the police and judicial systems time.
think positive

Post by think positive »

I do wonder about the parents. But right now I just can’t imagine what the parents are going through. Very harsh call on the kids there though. Way too harsh. The only good thing is they didn’t take anyone else with them.

On another note, not the first time only the driver survived, and with minor injuries, is that fate or an instinctive move by the driver when the crash is inevitable to save themselves?

Now here’s where I get mean, however old or sorry he is, I hope he gets serious time. 4 dead. He killed them, even if someone grabbed the wheel, stolen car, obviously speeding and alledgedly unlicensed. He took the loaded gun, pointed it and hoped to the best. Now he should pay for the carnage.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

^ maybe harsh, but according to Facebook, these kids are known trouble makers. Maybe it's just Darwin's theory.

And yes, TG they didn't take anyone with them.

And while we are all hanging shit on police across the world, imagine the poor Cops and other first responders who have to deal with this type of shit.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:I do wonder about the parents. But right now I just can’t imagine what the parents are going through. Very harsh call on the kids there though. Way too harsh. The only good thing is they didn’t take anyone else with them.

On another note, not the first time only the driver survived, and with minor injuries, is that fate or an instinctive move by the driver when the crash is inevitable to save themselves?
The driver has a steering wheel to hang onto, so even if no one is wearing a seat belt they've better able to brace for impact and not get thrown around the inside.

And yeah, What'sinaname, my dad used to be in the search and rescue up in the bush. They'd get called out to car accidents, usually in the winding section of road immediately south of town called the Toc Bends. Because Dad was short and skinny, he'd be the one who had to climb into the wreckage over the bodies to see if anyone was still alive.
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

What'sinaname wrote: And while we are all hanging shit on police across the world, imagine the poor Cops and other first responders who have to deal with this type of shit.
Spot on!!

On other topic apparently if you don't support the protests yesterday because of the potential health impacts related to the current pesky pandemic then you are either a racist cause BLM or a sheeple cause there is no pandemic it's all a hoax.

Might just be me but WTF - these especially racist must be the most overused (inappropriately more often than not) words in the world atm :roll:
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
think positive

Post by think positive »

Yeah I can’t imagine being a first responder, very special people.

I’m sure we all hope to Christ there is no second wave, but **** is I can’t believe they did it! So do dumb and irresponsible. Not just the spread risk the first responders who had to be on call

And I can’t tell you how over I am of the words racist, misogynist, etc etc while we keep labelling people we keep pointing out our differences
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

think positive

Post by think positive »

Interesting