#23 Bobby Hill

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

#23 Bobby Hill

Post by Pies4shaw »

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Would have been handy in the final minute yesterday. ;) Can’t wait, get the deal done Pies. He’ll be a ripper.
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Is he any good? His stats aren't exactly standouts. 41 games over 4 seasons with an average of nearly a goal a game and just 9 disposals a game. Maybe he's been disgruntled there (he did want to get to Essendon last year) but will he make us better? I am asking genuinely - I have never, ever noticed him in a GWS game and his stats read like a player on the fringe of their best 22 - and GWS aren't exactly tearing it up, right now.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Excellent question. I didn't think small forwards was an achilles heel. I couldn't even tell you what he looks like or what number he wears, given how little impact he has had.

That said, I had no idea who McRae was when we were looking to appoint him and he's turned out OK.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

He had cancer. He’s also Leon Davis’s cousin. Who happens to be back at the club. ;) Bobby will shine under Fly.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Oh, fair enough - I guess that would be a complete explanation for why he hasn't been in the team consistently (the cancer, not being Davis' cousin).
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Hope the Neon Leon magic is. Geez he has a pretty special highlights package. The more important news is our Do Better work is creating a space for indigenous talent to want to join the club.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Problem is small forward we are after a tall one
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I’m sure Fly is just looking for more forward pressure mixed in with a goal a game as the cherry on top. If you’re looking for the strategy behind it, just go back to the Tigers flags that included those small forwards of Rioli, Castagna, Butler and Baker. None of them ever got big numbers as small forwards but they would lock the ball in until one of them invariably got on the end of a ground ball.
He’s had a 100% recovery from the testicular cancer and played last round in the VFL. Expect one of our three third rounders to get it done ( likely the first one )
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

The club hopefully knows what they’re doing. The trade period is going to be fascinating. I hope the football department consults Nicks and Big Footy before they make their trades and selections.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Bobby Hill officially requests trade to Collingwood

Post by piedys »

M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

I wouldn't know him if he was doing star jumps in my breakfast cereal but apparently he has genuine leg speed and good skills, both of which would suit our current game style.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

From the eye test he looks like a great addition to what is a weakness, namely a crumbing forward. With his illness and fluctuating last 24 months, Wrighty shall push for a 3rd rounder.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Presti35
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

I'm very happy about this.

Mainly because Essendon wanted him last year and failed to get it done. We entered that conversation too late and GWS held firm.

This year we'll get this done fairly and early. We dont have a Dodoro running things.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!