Aaron Finch retires from international cricket

For all sporting topics - news, discussion, score updates etc. - other than Aussie Rules and Premier League Soccer.

Moderators: pies4ever, bbmods

K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Aaron Finch retires from international cricket

Post by K »

K

Post by K »

K

Post by K »

Finch told media the volume of cricket played in England helped them innovate in slogathon cricket. He said they can take risks, knowing if they fail, they've another game in a few days. He said they'd train in the morning and play in the afternoon. Totally different from Oz.
K

Post by K »

Media have been saying they believe Mitch Marsh will be next "white ball" captain. Dunno if they mean slogathon or ODI (after the WC) or both...
K

Post by K »

Mitch Marsh ready for Australia's white-ball captaincy: WA coach Adam Voges

S. Bailey (AAP), 23 July 2023

"Australia will next month play their first Twenty20 International since last year’s World Cup against South Africa, and are yet to formally replace the retired Aaron Finch as captain.

A new one-day international skipper is also likely to be required soon, with Pat Cummins expected to hand over the reins in that format after this year’s World Cup.

Marsh is one of Australia’s few genuine options.

He is a fixture in the T20 and ODI teams, and is still listed as Western Australia’s captain under coach Voges, having been appointed to the role by Justin Langer in 2017.

Marsh has long been viewed as a potential leader by Cricket Australia, and was named as one of Tim Paine’s vice-captains after the 2018 ball-tampering scandal."
K

Post by K »

Mitch Marsh:

It [captaincy] sounds pretty good, doesn’t it? It’s a very proud moment. I probably won’t try and reinvent the wheel. I think the most important thing I’ve learnt about leadership is staying true to yourself.

“Hopefully I’m a good captain. If not, I won’t be in the job for very long. That’s OK. I’m just looking forward to the opportunity.”

“We’ll get through South Africa and see how we go. I’m available to captain for as long as the team needs me. We’ll see where it all ends.”