One main VFL thread per round in General Discussion

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

One main VFL thread per round in General Discussion

Post by pietillidie »

Any chance of a weekly VFL thread being (or also being) in GD? You could then link out to the full VFL forum at the top of each weekly VFL thread. It might even work best as a fourth sticky.

I for one find often myself wanting to quickly check VFL teams or results in the context of other threads in the GD.

As they say in the UX classics, a click is a thousand miles ;) Even worse when you have to exit to another forum, identify the latest round, then go back to the GD and find where you left off.

You could make it known it's the only VFL thread allowed in the GD. Just a thought.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

I was just thinking the same with the Other Matches thread. Maybe it's even more suited to being a sticky in the main forum than the weekly VFL thread. It used to be in there, from memory, though I guess you're worried about the stickies taking up too much space.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

G'day mate, I believe the old threads are hard to alter or even add from where they are / on the software front. I'll check with the lads although I suspect they'll likely leave it where it is but hear what you're saying.

LH
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers