Gambling and Nick’s

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

sherrife

Post by sherrife »

Skids wrote:Bit of a slippery deck, so a low scoring game, again.

I'm taking the Pies/total Under 170 total @ $2.80.
Pies by under 24 @ $3.05
Pies by 1-9 @ $8.50
McCreery to kick 2 @ $3.50
Mods, can we have clarity on whether advertising for the gambling industry is allowed on this board? Either Skids has an addiction or he/she is deliberately promoting the industry in a pretty aggressive way. It's nothing personal, but I find it objectionable. The house always wins, and people's lives get ruined.

We don't need more gambling ads in this bloody country, that's for sure.
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I'm with sherrife on this.
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

Same. Sick of hearing about odds and bets.
It’s relentless.

Let’s go Pies! Big game today.
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

Skids ain't promoting the industry FFS, get a grip.
I'm having a small bet myself. so what.
Skids
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

Woods Of Ypres wrote:Skids ain't promoting the industry FFS, get a grip.
Thankyou.

I have posted multiple times that one should gamble responsibly, or not at all. A couple of dollars on a few outcomes is a bit of fun. I just give an indication of what my $5 will be on.
Gee whizz, talk about petty moaning :roll:

I'm more offended by the role of alcohol and fast food advertising in the game. These two things cause way more harm to society than an old bloke having a $5 punt.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
sherrife

Post by sherrife »

Skids wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:Skids ain't promoting the industry FFS, get a grip.
Thankyou.

I have posted multiple times that one should gamble responsibly, or not at all. A couple of dollars on a few outcomes is a bit of fun. I just give an indication of what my $5 will be on.
Gee whizz, talk about petty moaning :roll:

I'm more offended by the role of alcohol and fast food advertising in the game. These two things cause way more harm to society than an old bloke having a $5 punt.
Agree with you on those two things too. If somebody was posting Maccas prices or encouraging binge drinking on here constantly, I would call that out too.

But gambling ruins lives, no doubt about it. Maybe we should have a special board for betting tips. But I don't want to see it constantly here, it's got nothing to do with supporting the pies.
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
Skids
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

"constantly here" ? Please.... every week in this thread I post a few novelty bets that I'm putting on. I've invested the huge sum of $6 on those 4 options.
Having a little punt is as Australian as the Aussie flag.... oh hang on a minute, you've blanked that out, so I guess you have no idea what I'm talking about.

It's not advertising gambling, it's not promoting gambling, it's a bit of fun.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Leggie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Leggie »

Skids wrote:"constantly here" ? Please.... every week in this thread I post a few novelty bets that I'm putting on. I've invested the huge sum of $6 on those 4 options.
Having a little punt is as Australian as the Aussie flag.... oh hang on a minute, you've blanked that out, so I guess you have no idea what I'm talking about.

It's not advertising gambling, it's not promoting gambling, it's a bit of fun.
Keep posting mate.
Im following your bets as well us dropping a few small ones on myself.
Bring Back Tranquilli