Disappearing threads

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Disappearing threads

Post by stui magpie »

<split from "Parliament House sexual assault and harassment allegations" thread>
David wrote:<Just a general note to avoid any potentially defamatory accusations or suggestions while discussing this topic. Thanks, David for BBMods.>
Fair enough, but why did the thread disappear?

Couldn't you just delete inappropriate posts and do the warning?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

stui magpie wrote:Fair enough, but why did the thread disappear?

Couldn't you just delete inappropriate posts and do the warning?
In theory, yes, but it’s not the mods’ job to bump old threads if a post deletion, thread split or whatever sends it back off the front page. Personally I’d find it weirder to see a six-month old thread bumped with nothing but a moderator note, but that’s just me. Ultimately, this is what the search function is for.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

You could have just explained that then. One minute the thread was at top of the page, next it wasn't on the page. I don't know the mechanics of the software so it never occurred to me that if you deleted the post that bumped the thread it would fall back to where it had been previously.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.