Marlion Pickett just ended his short career.

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Marlion Pickett just ended his short career.

Post by shawthing »

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/mar ... 5dfqj.html

Very sad. The WA police must have waited for him to make the trip over rather than seeking extradition.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Not sad at all. Dude has history so no one should feel sorry for him.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

70 games, 2 flags, and a criminal record...would be quite the biography
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Pi

Post by Pi »

Did I miss the gigantic headline? or the lengthy turgid article by Caroline everyone has to resign Wilson? Because its been 12 hours already....
Pi = Infinite = Collingwood = Always
Floreat Pica
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

So WA police let him play and catch up with family before arresting him. Imagine if it was Collingwood!
shawthing

Post by shawthing »

Mr Miyagi wrote:So WA police let him play and catch up with family before arresting him. Imagine if it was Collingwood!
Fair point that. They'd have arrested our player and then the entire team as accessories. The only way the Wet Toast could possibly win.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

I'll wait until after court proceedings before I throw rocks. This guy had turned his life right around after being in Jail as a young fella and is currently earning good coin. Makes no sense.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
shawthing

Post by shawthing »

stui magpie wrote:I'll wait until after court proceedings before I throw rocks. This guy had turned his life right around after being in Jail as a young fella and is currently earning good coin. Makes no sense.
Might be the fleas you hang around with though Stu.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Possibly, helping out a "mate". Again, I'll reserve judgement til all the facts are present in court.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Age and contract status are probably against him, but I would like to think that the club can make a call about his football career that's actually based on his capacity to carry on with that, even if he does see time in prison again over this.

In the meantime, the justice system will do its thing.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Tigers still deciding whether he’ll play this week or not. Da fug?!
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

I’m absolutely staggered at the lack of media hysteria after what both Ginnivan and De Goey were subjected to after their indiscretions.
Not sure exactly why that is, but it better be a bloody good reason why the media haven’t gone apesh*t.
- Side By Side -
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Also compare the media reaction to De Goey’s suspension and the Richmond player who’s going to the tribunal for a very similar bump on the weekend. Blink and you wouldn’t even know about it.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

There's been a lotta media coverage.

But more discussion 'bout what Richmond should do.
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

slangman wrote:I’m absolutely staggered at the lack of media hysteria after what both Ginnivan and De Goey were subjected to after their indiscretions.
Not sure exactly why that is, but it better be a bloody good reason why the media haven’t gone apesh*t.
Agree. The double standards are astonishing.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆