#33 Lachie Sullivan

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

#33 Lachie Sullivan

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

As is tradition here, welcome to Collingwood - Lachie Sullivan!

Nickname? Dave? Grace? Showing my age?
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Yay, congrats Lachie.

Definately showing your age WPW :lol:

His nickname in juniors was Sully, pretty simple.

He will be great asset to the Pies.
Always been a hard worker on the training track and in games
Hopefully he gets a chance at senior level but even if he dosesn't he will bolster the VFL team.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
BazBoy
Been liked: 26 times

Post by BazBoy »

His form in VFL has been exceptional
Great choice
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Reminds me of Kyle Martin. Very Consistent at the lower level, whether he's AFL material we shall see. He's got his chance now.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Yesterday, I was 15 meters away from him when he made yet another great move. I told my friend, "That nailed any doubt, He's in."

I've been scratching my head, who was that country player Essendon got in the 80s, who was around 26 years old who made a name for himself. . Sully has the same potential.
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

Was it Leon Baker? He was born and bred in a small Victorian town of Avenel, but played all over the country to be eventually recruited by Essendon from Swan Districts in Perth as a mature player. Ended up playing very well in their 84&85 premiership teams under Kevin Sheedy.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

We did well with an ex Port Melbourne /VFL player who we got in 2018

Good old Checkers
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Boot wrote:
Charlie Oneeye wrote:Yesterday, I was 15 meters away from him when he made yet another great move. I told my friend, "That nailed any doubt, He's in."

I've been scratching my head, who was that country player Essendon got in the 80s, who was around 26 years old who made a name for himself. . Sully has the same potential.
Was it Leon Baker? He was born and bred in a small Victorian town of Avenel, but played all over the country to be eventually recruited by Essendon from Swan Districts in Perth as a mature player. Ended up playing very well in their 84&85 premiership teams under Kevin Sheedy.
Mate, that's the one. Thanks for that.

Of course, Sully has a lot of boxes yet to be ticked in order to reach the same heights
think better
Has liked: 1 time

Post by think better »

How about Hudson for a nick name (Sully landed his plane on the Hudson River)
I think therefore I think - I think
derkd
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
Boot wrote:
Charlie Oneeye wrote:Yesterday, I was 15 meters away from him when he made yet another great move. I told my friend, "That nailed any doubt, He's in."

Mate, that's the one. Thanks for that.

They called him "Leon Baker the Premership maker" - I have an inlaw who is a mad bombers supporter often talks of going to watch him play when he was a kid.

Of course, Sully has a lot of boxes yet to be ticked in order to reach the same heights
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
derkd
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

I did wonder if it would be Teakle or Sullivan. Going to be really interesting
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

I like the nickname Sully. Best of luck to him. Maybe he is the next miracle on the Hudson.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

His VFL season was actually off the charts stats wise and mind boggles why not upgraded to AFL considerations

Was Bevo not convinced?????

Craigs record of having new players and getting the best out of them will again be used
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Bevo preferred luminaries such as Roarke Smith, Lachie McNeil, Robbie McComb, Anthony Scott and Riley Garcia. Real household names and needle movers.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
5:11pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by 5:11pm »