Is a forward line of McStay, Kroooge, great prospect ?

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Is a forward line of McStay, Kroooge, great prospect ?

Post by Piesnchess »

OK, just a suggestion, you know how Caaaarlton has twin towers up forward, Curnow, and McKay, big buggers, could a forward line of McStay, Krueger, be equal along lines of that, maybe with Checkers too, say, next season ? Is it feasible, and could it work ? Just asking. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

I for one can’t wait to see that. Thought Kroogs was okay today, was honest and fought hard both forward and when relieving in the ruck, although did have a couple of opportunities to ice the game but missed.

McStay, Mihocek and Kroogs would definitely put the skerrits up a few defences.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Krooga probably gets forced out for team balance but he does bring an exuberance that few do.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

He brings much needed size and height to the forward line and frees up Frampton to play back. I don’t know if we can play both Cox and Kruger in the same team but at this point, I’d prefer Kruger.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
BazBoy
Been liked: 27 times

Post by BazBoy »

With Kroog,s and McStay put Bobby and Shultzie at their feet

That could be delicious
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

So you wouldn’t play Cox?
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
What'sinaname
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Lol..DREAMIN'

McStay and Kruegs aren't Curnow and McKay. Stop dreaming.

Curnow and McKay are Coleman medallists. McStay and Kruegs aint no Coleman medallists.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

lazzadesilva wrote:So you wouldn’t play Cox?
Cox has been 2nd-rate all season and was getting games by default.

If Kruger stays fit and firing in ruck relief to DC, Cox can pull up a chair in the stands until he pulls his finger out.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

Great conundrum for us to have as opposed to where we were several weeks ago….heard next in line for a debut was the boot studder at FF!
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Cox has always been great on his day....but those days are few and far between these days. On his off days, he is a real liability.

Krueger, is not as tall, nor as good a ruckman as Cox, but he offers far more aggression and forward positioning. Given that we really only need a 2nd ruck in brief spells, to relieve Cameron, the greater mobility and competitiveness of Krueger makes him my firm preference.

A forward line with McStay, Krueger and Checkers, supported by Hill, (hopefully) Elliott and Schultz would be my preferred lineup in September.
Last edited by RudeBoy on Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

piedys wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:So you wouldn’t play Cox?
Cox has been 2nd-rate all season and was getting games by default.

If Kruger stays fit and firing in ruck relief to DC, Cox can pull up a chair in the stands until he pulls his finger out.
This….clearly DC can play the sole ruck with a chop out from Krueger or McStay then with Checkers Cox will struggle to get back in.

Let’s just hope Krugs stays injury free.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

BazBoy wrote:With Kroog,s and McStay put Bobby and Shultzie at their feet

That could be delicious

Bruce Mcaveney and Cyril say hello. :P :lol:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

What'sinaname wrote:Lol..DREAMIN'

McStay and Kruegs aren't Curnow and McKay. Stop dreaming.

Curnow and McKay are Coleman medallists. McStay and Kruegs aint no Coleman medallists.

Curnow is a star, granted, but McKay is not, misses far too many goals. Do you forget McStay got us into the GF, off his own boot. :?

Newelly
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Newelly »

We need to find talls in the 2024 trade period. Kreuger should be solid but unlikely to exceed that level. Cox looking past it. McStay was number 3 at the Lions.
Chuffed to have seen 3 flag wins in my lifetime but still greedy for more.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

whatever leaves Reef as the third tall works for me.