Time to change things up

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

mgh3536

Time to change things up

Post by mgh3536 »

I think the pies are becoming a bit predictable..

We have only Cameron when the ball goes down the line and he isn't a great mark. The switch infield needs to be better not to a small midfielder ..

Darcy Moore 2023 was a great intercept mark, it isnt happening this year, great spoiler but not marking anywhere like 2023.

So Im going to suggest a new role a Tall Midfielder

moving between CHB to CHF become the old ruck rover but reinvented to mobile tall mid, few oppositions can go with him, he will outrun a tall and be too good in the air for faster player.

Gives another option coming out of Defence

As we have the ball we can split the down the line into cameron one side and Moore the other

Remember the impact Moore streaming off the HB line this role will give that

Put him into the centre as a tall mid on cripps on bont, make them responsible for him too, they will not be streaming forward with Moore loose..
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Time to start to blood some young talent its time it’s now arrived
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:Time to start to blood some young talent its time it’s now arrived
Errrmmmm . . . what have we been doing the last month then?
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:Time to start to blood some young talent its time it’s now arrived
Who? Name the players instead of just making a generalist comment.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

If Darcy is suddenly playing midfield, then I suspect the ball won't be coming out of the back line that often for him to mark. Period.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »

Gerry Cooper wrote:If Darcy is suddenly playing midfield, then I suspect the ball won't be coming out of the back line that often for him to mark. Period.
Said moving between cub and chf .. when we have possession then he and Cameron can be targets
mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »

Gerry Cooper wrote:If Darcy is suddenly playing midfield, then I suspect the ball won't be coming out of the back line that often for him to mark. Period.
Said moving between cub and chf .. when we have possession then he and Cameron can be targets
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

I like the idea of changing the role for Darcy Moore to get more out of him, and the move I envisaged would be to move him to the wing to allow him the opportunity to be a chop out target when coming out of defense, instead of always reliant on bombing it long to Checkers or Cameron, or both in the same pack, who are always going to be against like sized opponents.
The question is does Moore have the tank to run all day in such a role? I thought against Essendon it is a good option to play Moore as a wing since Essendon are playing their tall's Jones or Cox there.
It may be the release that Moore needs to revitalise his game, but it does on paper at least diminish the strength of our backline and necessitate keeping Howe back there along with Frampton and Dean, but I don't see that as a bad option atm with Mihocek and Kreuger both available up forward.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

So who would take up Moore's role in defense?
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Boot

Post by Boot »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:So who would take up Moore's role in defense?
A defensive six without Darcy Moore could look like this;
B:Maynard, Frampton, Howe
HB: Quaynor, Dean, Noble
with Markov and Hoskin-Elliot being the interchange to provide some support to a defensive team.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »

The role I’m envisaging is designed to make the opposition responsible for Moore he can out run a tall and can out mark a faster player

Moore being loose man in defence when oppo have ball can still intercept but a free role just controlling the centre of the ground from chb to chf

All teams now take a risk with the kick back into guts I’m suggesting having a mobile tall like moore increases the liklihood of success
RudeBoy
Been liked: 72 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Boot wrote:
Take_a_Screamer wrote:So who would take up Moore's role in defense?
A defensive six without Darcy Moore could look like this;
B:Maynard, Frampton, Howe
HB: Quaynor, Dean, Noble
with Markov and Hoskin-Elliot being the interchange to provide some support to a defensive team.
Our defence is weak enough atm, without shifting our best defender from there. A defence relying on Frampton and Dean as our KPDs would be VFL standard imo.
hermie

Post by hermie »

since when has DC not been a good mark? rather him marking the ball than most of the ruckman in the comp, he is head and shoulders above Cox, Grundy and most of the others
masoncox

Post by masoncox »

Remember Moore's old man Peter Moore has always said he should be playing ruck full stop!!!!
masoncox

Post by masoncox »

Remember Moore's old man Peter Moore has always said he should be playing ruck full stop!!!!