Pre-Match. Pies v. Cats. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Pre-Match. Pies v. Cats. All comments.

Post by Donny »

Friday. MCG. 7.40

Collingwood v. Geelong.

IN: John Noble, Jamie Elliott, Reef McInnes.

OUT: Jeremy Howe (Injured), Brody Mihocek (Injured), Charlie Dean (Omitted),

Let's hear ya !!
Last edited by Donny on Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Cats are getting themselves back in form after their mid year slump.

This will be a regulation 30 point win to the Cats.

We'll be competitive but fall asleep for 30 - 40 minutes in which time the Cats will kicks 5 - 6 consecutive goals.
Last edited by What'sinaname on Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

The latest injury update has only Mihocek as a certain out for next Friday night.

Out - Mihocek (injured), Dean
In: Noble, McInnes

Frampton Moore and Howe are our tall defensive options next week.

Krueger, McInnes will need to get the job done up forward as taller targets.

Totally left-field, but Johnson may come in and play the Howe role up forward, but not sure who goes out...

If/when our season has been derailed, then the more games we get into Richards, Krueger, McInnes, Ned Long, Harrison, Jiath and maybe Eyre, the better.

It would also be prudent to put whatever players need an op out to be ready for preseason 2025
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
stoliboy
Been liked: 47 times

Post by stoliboy »

Can’t see us winning or getting close in this game.

We’ve dropped the last two games we should have won.

So only conclusion is we win this game.

Pies by 35 points.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
Big T
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Big T »

Win lose or draw would be good to see a four quarter effort. That must be the focus.
Buon Giorno
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Fly will read the riot act, an I reckon we will, at last, play a full 4 quarters effort, not this shitpence one great qtr, thats out, we will play four qtrs. Cats lost badly to the Bluescum at the MCG, they are far from unbeatable. Throw everything plus the kitchen sink at the pricks, from go to whoa, an you never know what can happen, we do have a great record against the Pussies. This match is our D Day , time to stand up. Win, lose , draw, all we ask is a red hot go, for the whole friggin game.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Hopefully Cameron and Quaynor will play.

Mihocek is gone for the season, so I think McInnes replacing him makes the most sense. Need to get games into him and give him some continuity now for the sake of his development.

Given the recent form, I think Geelong will be favourites now. Of course we're a chance if we play high pressure, high octane football on a consistent basis but we haven't seen it since King's Birthday.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Skids
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

How we are 4/5 favourites (cats evens) for this match is baffling. I wouldn't back us with monopoly money in this one. Missing too many to beat this mob..... so we'll probably win :lol:
Don't count the days, make the days count.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

Johnson isnt coming back in the team with Mcstay so close to coming back, the cats would maul him

Key Forwards will be Krueger, McInness, Hoskin-Elliott

backline struggled without Howe back there, so hes def going back.

our major problem is a Mcreery replacement, a defensive forward with speed.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Let’s see who’ll be listed first & go from there.

But yes, a hard gig, GEEL seem to have overcome their little slump me thinks.
Hopefully we can take them.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

Wasn't confident against Ess.
I am against the Cats.
We will win
RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

The Cats will be confident after their thrashing of the Dorks, while we are obviously down on confidence after consecutive losses to teams we expected to beat. Also, we have lost another soldier in battle. Nevertheless, we SHOULD still be able to beat these panzies.

My biggest worry is that JDG seemed to be playing at half pace against the Bummers, so I hope he is not still troubled by his injured groin. He looked terrific the previous week, but to my eyes he failed to have a real impact on Friday night. Hopefully, it was just an off night and he bounces back.

As others have suggested, the logical replacement for Checkers is McInnes. This is his chance to secure a spot for the next few weeks and possibly for the finals.

I have to say, unlike others, I've never been a fan of Dean's, and I expect he will be dropped.

Noble should come back in, but we really need another tall imo, after the way we were monstered in the air on Friday. I think Eyre might be a chance. I'd play him up forward and move Howe back to defence, along with IQ. Our defence has been chopped and changed way too much for my liking this year, so I hope Fly returns our players to their normal defensive positions, and leaves them there.

Out: Checkers, Dean, Markov

In: Noble, McInnes, Eyre.

I'd promote Long to the starting 22 and have Schultz as the sub.

Win this game and we can still gain some confidence and momentum which we will surely need, given our hard road to the finals.

Pies by 17 pts.
Dark Beanie
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

VFL side is playing Frankston (at Frankston) this afternoon.

https://www.afl.com.au/vfl/matches/6513

Hopefully McInnes and Eyre put in good performances.
The VFL side hasdn't been travelling well, but anyone wanting get into the senior team needs to fire up this arvo.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Was the opposite was feeling we could beat Essendon.
Not so cats.
Got a real nack of coming good this time of year as well.
Off an easy win as well.
Depends on how hard they train this week.
harden up or ship out.
Fork in the road time.
See how they respond.
derkd
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

^ I was 50/50 on the Bombers game, like Collingwood v Carlton...oh knows who will win. They are always a contest.

What has me concerned, is that including the North game...we have looked flat and in general off the pace. I hope this is just phase. Have we spent too much energy getting back into the season.

I worry that two seasons of this 'come from behind / close wins' might have finally caught up with the team as a whole.

The shame is this could have been the year we actually banked a half decent first round pick....oops.

Anyone else feel 2025 needs a new look on the game plan, it feels like it has been worked out.

On to the Geelong game, I feel this is a game we could win. We will need a much better energy level...if the collective 'heads have dropped' we could be in for a real slide.
Last edited by derkd on Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.