Congrats on the board update

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Congrats on the board update

Post by pietillidie »

Excellent work, all. Seems to be running like a charm now.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
KenHock
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Congrats on the board update

Post by KenHock »

All really good, but I see that you can friend or foe by clicking on the name of the poster there is one poster that I would like to make a foe but when I go the name it doesn't underline so I can't do this? Obviously I don't want to say the poster.
Cheers big ears!
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

Are they a mod or Admin? You can understand why they wouldn't allow their posts to be blocked.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
KenHock

Post by KenHock »

Bucks5 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:51 am Are they a mod or Admin? You can understand why they wouldn't allow their posts to be blocked.
No just a poster!
Cheers big ears!
Mike
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Mike »

KenHock wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:42 pm All really good, but I see that you can friend or foe by clicking on the name of the poster there is one poster that I would like to make a foe but when I go the name it doesn't underline so I can't do this? Obviously I don't want to say the poster.
Are you sure the user still exists as a member? If users are kicked off, their surviving posts will still carry their name, but with no details.
KenHock

Post by KenHock »

Thanks Mike, I think that might be the case, I just presumed that the poster is still on here but the last one I see is a week or so ago.
Cheers big ears!
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

My favourite practical CSS tweak that comes with this version, meaning that images no longer break the post width:

Code: Select all

.postbody img.postimage {
    max-width: 100%;
}
Ping me if you need any quick fixes like this, as they often literally take 30 seconds.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
djh
Has liked: 1 time

Post by djh »

I always used the "read posts since your last visit" button. I can't find this any more, is it still here somewhere?
Mike

Post by Mike »

djh wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:26 pm I always used the "read posts since your last visit" button. I can't find this any more, is it still here somewhere?
Yes, use the 'Quick Links' drop down in the top left corner of the page and choose 'New posts' for posts since your last visit or 'Unread posts' for posts that you haven't yet read.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Really liking the update, thank you for the great work.

One of the things that used to bug me but not terribly was the go to next unread post option, used to go the first unread post from your current session even if you'd already read it. But notice it now goes to the newest unread posts and unread posts don't disappear when you leave, makes it a lot easier to follow.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

I have to say the updates are amazing, its so much easier to navigate, and super fast, well done guys xxx thankyou
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Presti35
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Presti35 »

Cant decide if I prefer the white or black background.

Are PMs working? I've sent a few but unsure if they worked?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Hi, I’m having heaps of trouble with posting on Nick’s. Every time I post, it comes out as a multiple post even though I press send only once. I need help please.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Mike

Post by Mike »

Presti35 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 4:59 pm Cant decide if I prefer the white or black background.

Are PMs working? I've sent a few but unsure if they worked?
I've had no other reports of PMs not working and they're certainly working for me. If your PMs are in the Outbox folder then they've been sent but not read, if they are in the Sent messages folder they've been sent and read.
Mike

Post by Mike »

lazzadesilva wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 5:11 pm Hi, I’m having heaps of trouble with posting on Nick’s. Every time I post, it comes out as a multiple post even though I press send only once. I need help please.
Not sure what's happening here, I've had no other reports of troubles with double posts. I can only suggest the old remedies of clearing your cache and cookies and trying again and also trying posting from another system to see if you can duplicate the problem.