Post Match. Pies trump Tigers. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post Match. Pies trump Tigers. All comments.

Post by Donny »

Collingwood 14.9.93
Richmond 9.13.67

Goals: McStay 3, H-E, Bobby, Schultz 2, Lippa, Long, Cameron, Pendles, Elliott, 1

Disposals: Nick 42, Pendles 22, Bytel 25, Josh 32, Noblet 21, Crisp 19, Moore, Cameron 18, Elliott, Bobby 15,

Tackles: Long 10, Schultz 6.

AF Points: Nick 128, Josh 111, Cameron 105, Bytel 84, Bobby 80,

Let's hear ya !!
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Re: Post Match. Pies trump Tigers. All comments.

Post by Jezza »

Nice to experience that winning feeling again. However, nothing from today suggests we’ve a turned a corner.

N Daicos with an equal career high 42 disposals.

Need to treat next week like a mini Grand Final. Please give Pendles’ a 400th he richly deserves and destroy Carlton’s season in the process. That’s all I ask for.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
SLORT
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by SLORT »

Disappointing margin. Needed more percentage than that.
lihei
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by lihei »

Clearly not up to it. Couldn’t put them away and blew %. Very deflating victory?
Cancel the Cancel Culture.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Jezza wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 3:47 pm Nice to experience that winning feeling again. However, nothing from today suggests we’ve a turned a corner.

Need to treat next week like a mini Grand Final.
Please give Pendles’ a 400th he richly deserves and destroy Carlton’s season in the process. That’s all I ask for.
Good to win, but nobody be fooled into think this slide has been turned around.
We had one more scoring shot against this shit they fielded, minus Lynch, Dusty and Toby.
Obviously windy, but so many shots OOF from both sides.
Complacent rubbish dished up after half time, usual cameo appearances from big $$$$ players, then poof, they've vanished again.

Moore and Cameron saving this result from manifesting into another fiasco.

If our players could spot up our forwards going inside F50, as opposed to unmarked Tiger backmen, then we'd be unstoppable.

Everybody else has kicked 100+ points against them recently, apart from you guessed it...

Dickhead Ray was a joke of an umpire all day. Missed every ruck hold against Cameron, and jumper hold on Nick.
If your eyesight is indeed that bad, <Snip>
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Take it and run with it, a win is win, finally got our hands dirty. Recall, the Tigers did beat the Swans ?. Stuff the glass half empties, they can read this and weep. Next week our mini "GF" for Pendles 400th, bring it on, love to stuff up Bluescums season even more, no matter where we end up.!!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Did what we had to do. I've seen a few Richmond games this season, but had no idea they were that terrible. Adam Yze might be the first coach sacked next year.

The inclusion of Cox was a big plus and helped McStay up forward. Schulz did alright coming back from concussion. Jamie was great in the air. Of the new kids I thought Bytel showed a bit. There seemed to be a little more energy in the team today. We've got a real chance against the mortal enemy next week for Pendle's 400 (glad they rested him in the last). Today won't save a season, but it shows a glimmer of what we can do for 2025.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

The inclusion of our injured players, needed the run just in time for a tune up for next week.
Hopefully JDG will come in as well.

Please, if there is a God, just W next week, for Pendles if nothing more.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Beat the Bluescum for Pendles, make our day, and his of course, anything after that, is a bonus. !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

To finally get a win was the main aim, but we really should have won by 10 goals or more. The good thing was that Darcy Moore was back to his near best and McStay showed how he can be a great KF for us.

I know Bytel impressed a few people, but to my eye, despite getting quite a bit of the ball, he fluffed virtually every kick or hand pass he had. The two players who should be under severe pressure to hold their spots were Lipinski and Harrison, who were hardly sighted all day. I'm not sure Parker or Long have much to offer, but at least Long is a big body who tackles well. I thought Sullivan showed great endeavour when he came on.

We'll need to improve quite a bit if we are to get over the top of the scum next Saturday night, but JDG's inclusion should give us a big lift.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

not sure about a "thumping" but can hear on the TV the crowd was flat. not one time did the collingwood chant go up... that was a little weird.

even when were where 40 points up.

overall glad to get the win but still a lot of work to do with our forward movement.. it was a lil sloppy today. Was good to see Moore got his hands on the ball in the first half to boost his own confidence.

clear 3 votes for N Daicos.
piedys

Post by piedys »

shawthing wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 4:07 pm Did what we had to do. I've seen a few Richmond games this season, but had no idea they were that terrible.
Adam Yze might be the first coach sacked next year.
They are going through what we will commence in 2025, that is the rebuild after their premiership list ages.
Fly could be sitting in that chair, and unlikely getting a better result with what's currently avaialble to Yze.
Would Hardwick be getting sacked in 2025, had he stayed, and producing the same results?
shawthing wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 4:07 pm We've got a real chance against the mortal enemy next week for Pendle's 400 (glad they rested him in the last).
Today won't save a season, but it shows a glimmer of what we can do for 2025.
Hope they put up a better showing for Pendle's 400th, than the second half of today's match.
I think it showed a glimmer of what we used to be at least; I have terminal fears for 2025.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Maybe it was just me, but that was as flat as I've been watching a win. Just couldn't get up and excited, could barely concentrate on the game TBH, it just didn't engage me. Yeah some nice highlights from Billy and Bobby, but just nothing from that game got the heart rate up or juices flowing.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Left at 3/4 time which now seemed like the right decision. Fk it was cold. The wind chill made it feel like it was about 3 degrees.
Given the crap we're been forced to witness over the past month, it was an enjoyable, stress-free game.

Forward line looks more potent with McStay in there. Cox tried hard all day. Moore played really well.
Bytel had 25 - which surprised me. I'll have to watch the replay as I didn't really notice him much.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
piedys

Post by piedys »

What'sinaname wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:01 pm Fk it was cold. The wind chill made it feel like it was about 3 degrees.
Reminds me of VFL [Arctic] park in the 80s and 90s; when it was so cold you couldn't even feel your nose running until the person sitting next to you pointed it out...