Game On! Pies v. Blues. Updates, all comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Game On! Pies v. Blues. Updates, all comments.

Post by Donny »

Tonight. MCG. 7.30

Collingwood v. Carlton.

Pendles' 400th. game.

Let's hear ya !!
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
BazBoy
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Pre-Match. Pies v. Blues. All comments.

Post by BazBoy »

Carlton have been patchy over the last bit
Two wins / three losses
But playing us will bring out the rivalry (the hate to get beat by us
But that’s a two sided sword. So too do we hate them beating us

I’m feeling their desire for the hard ball will be in our favour
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Skids
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

Won 8 of our last 10 against this bunch.

Pendles 400th & underdogs ($2.65)..... I can't see any other outcome, but a Magpie victory.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Treat this like a mini Grand Final. Hopefully our supporters come out in force.

There's no excuses. We need to get ourselves up for Pendles and to give our season a glimmer of hope while destroying Carlton's in the process.

Leave nothing on the table.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

If we cannot make the Final 8, them make this "our GF", like other sides do to us. Blues are in a world of pain, confidence gone, fans spewing, we hit them at a good time. The pressure is massively on them, not us, and we are the underdogs, always better. Throw everything at these ponces, plus the kitchen sink,play like maniacs, for our legend Pendles, do him proud, and win by 5 points!!. After that,anything else this injury ruined season, is a ruddy bonus.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
SLORT
Been liked: 60 times

Post by SLORT »

Yeah, no injuries from a game, how rare has that been this season. So, Richards, Kroog's and McCreery are possible ins, and Dean did well in the magoos. I know I've banged on a bit about letting players settle in positions but this week against Carlton I'd think about putting Special K on Curnow. K has the energy and intensity, height and mobility to really mess up Charlies hair (as long as it doesn't lead to a maggot fiesta of frees...). I know we don't seem to play 3 talls in offense, but it would be a shame to see Kroog's dropped now Cox and McStay are back. That's assuming McKay is back in their team. If not then it probably doesn't matter.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Jezza wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:58 pm Treat this like a mini Grand Final. Hopefully our supporters come out in force.
We should treat it like a Prelim final. We win a good % of those.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

Outs: Noble, Harrison, Lipinski (all omitted)
Ins: Markov, McCreery, De Goey

Harrison and Lipinski barely touched the ball yesterday whilst everything Noble touched turned to mud.

The inclusion of McCreery up forward and De Goey in the middle will add to our aggression and enable us to put maximum pressure on the Carlton defence.

Continue the pain for Carlton and do our very best to finish the year ahead of a fading Essendon mob should be our goal for the last four weeks given finals seem a remote possibility now.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I'm not sure we will have De Goey available. His OP problem seems to be worsening, rather than improving.
As WL mentioned, Lipinski and Harrison went missing against Richmond, which was very disappointing as we need these players at their best. I'd give them both a couple of games in the magoos, to freshen them up.

Despite his 25 possessions, I was not so impressed with Bytel, as he seemed to turn the ball over with every disposal he had. Nevertheless, the fact he was able to get the ball, suggests he may simply need to settle into the pace of senior footy and work on his decision-making under pressure.

Out: Lipinski, Harrison, Parker

In: McCreery, Markov, Richards
SLORT
Been liked: 60 times

Post by SLORT »

RudeBoy wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:28 am Out: Lipinski, Harrison, Parker

In: McCreery, Markov, Richards
I agree with your assessment of DeGoey, seems to be flirting with danger to bring him in and out of the team.

Not worried about the Blues height in offense? Moore and Howe vs McKay and Curnow? Or are we playing IQ on one of them...as a speed bump?
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Game Day. Pies v. Blues. Late changes. All comments.

Post by LaurieHolden »

As we face off against Carlton, we celebrate a monumental milestone: Scott Pendlebury's 400th game.

Gates Times: Public: 5:30pm Bounce: 7:30pm

Activations pre-game at AIA Vitality Centre 4:30pm start:
  • Face painting. Carry on the cherished footy tradition of getting your face painted with the initials SP or the number 400!
    Handball target. Show us you're best Scott Pendlebury kicking and handballing.
    Kids Zone. Write a letter to Scott Pendlebury!
    Receive a SP400 special memento linking to the SP400 hub, where you can send Pendles a message of support, learn the Pendlebury song, and more.
    Merchandise: Visit our merchandise store and grab your SP400 gear to wear to the game.
    March to the ‘G: Join club legend Dane Swan as he leads the March to the ‘G to watch Scott Pendlebury’s 400th game. Click here for more information about March to the 'G.
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/magpiearmyhub
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

I was thinking , if and I say, IF, we have a good lead over the Bluescum ,in last couple of mins of the match, last qtr, instead of doing the C O L L I N G W OOOOOD chant, as its Pendles big day, why not do a Pendles chant , loud n proud, like, P E E E N D L E E B U R R Y. with thousands chanting the legendary name , of perhaps Collingwood's GOAT player, certainly the greatest I have ever seen, ever. ! Just saying.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Gee, that's a good start, Fly said that we will “turn up” for Scott Pendlebury’s 400th game against Carlton on Saturday night and urged fans to do the same. I hope he sets the alarm clock, just in case...

Collingwood promises its best in Scott Pendlebury’s milestone game
https://thewest.com.au/news/afl-2024-co ... c-15526857
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I don’t think I’ve ever wanted our lads to win as much as I want them to win this week. Maybe even more than the last grand final.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Can we play Krueger alongside Cox and McStay? If so, then we might see the following changes to our line-up.

In: Krueger, McCreery, Richards, Markov

Out: Harrison, Lipinski, Sullivan, Parker