Trade winds: Get Petracca

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Trade winds: Get Petracca

Post by shawthing »

The talk about Christian Petracca being disillusioned following the Melbourne doctors stuff up regard his near death injury might mean he is gettable.

He was a mad Pies supporter before being picked by Melbourne and Pendles was his favourite player. If somehow were were able to engineer a trade we would find the perfect person to pair with Nick Daicos in our midfield.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Re: Get Petracca

Post by Piesnchess »

shawthing wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:38 pm The talk about Christian Petracca being disillusioned following the Melbourne doctors stuff up regard his near death injury might mean he is gettable.

He was a mad Pies supporter before being picked by Melbourne and Pendles was his favourite player. If somehow were were able to engineer a trade we would find the perfect person to pair with Nick Daicos in our midfield.

I could not agree more, but fact is, hes contracted to the Deeeees for 4 more seasons, ironclad, so we are dreaming if we think we can lure him. Just not on. :?
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

If he wants out, he will get out, contracts just mean you have to deal these days. How many years was Grundy on for when we traded him?
Get back on top.
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

I bet Geelong will be eyeing him off too. They will need a Dangerfield replacement soon.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by stoliboy »

Shane Woewodin was 26-27 when he came to Collingwood from Melbourne in 2003. He was a Brownlow Medalist and Best and Fairest Winner.

We were contending in 2003 and played in a Grand Final it ultimately he came to us at a period of decline.

Christian Petracca Is 28.

I don’t think we are going to be contending anytime soon so don’t know if this I’m would be a good get or not. Particularly what we would have to give up to get him.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
derkd
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

^ also has had a very bad run with injuries. one of those, buyer beware. Just because he supported Collingwood, doesnt mean he needs to come and play for us. If it was five years ago, go for him. at 29, no thanks.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Presti35
Has liked: 152 times

Post by Presti35 »

Would be very good for 2 years. Maybe 3. Not wanting any part of the deal he is on. It wouldn't be difficult to get him to want to be here. But the deal he is on is just too high for a player that could decline very quickly.

If only he was a free agent, or his contract wasn't so expensive.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
BBHS
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by BBHS »

We still have another crack at the flag next year. Our best is as good as anyone's. If you could get him he would be great, fits the profile for 2 more cracks. Just can't see it happening.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Cam wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:41 am If he wants out, he will get out, contracts just mean you have to deal these days. How many years was Grundy on for when we traded him?

"Dont talk to me about contracts Wonka, contracts are for suckers "- willie wonka chocolate factory. :P :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Big T
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Big T »

Cost too much in draft capital. Pass.
Buon Giorno
Presti35
Has liked: 152 times

Post by Presti35 »

Cam wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:41 am If he wants out, he will get out, contracts just mean you have to deal these days. How many years was Grundy on for when we traded him?
5 years.

We received pick 27 in return for BG and of course, paid a large portion of his deal.

I mean if a pick towards 30 got it done and they paid a large portion of his deal, then I would entertain it. He will play hard in our jumper.

But I'm also wondering if any other Demons players are looking for the exit?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Piesnchess wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:52 am
shawthing wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:38 pm The talk about Christian Petracca being disillusioned following the Melbourne doctors stuff up regard his near death injury might mean he is gettable.

I could not agree more, but fact is, hes contracted to the Deeeees for 4 more seasons, ironclad, so we are dreaming if we think we can lure him. Just not on. :?
Yeah same as Jeremy Cameron who was a fanatical Collingwood fan but preferred to play in Sleepy Hollow. Seems like being a magpies fan doesn’t always mean they end up playing for Collingwood. Their loss.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Presti35 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 4:24 pmWe received pick 27 in return for BG and of course, paid a large portion of his deal.I mean if a pick towards 30 got it done and they paid a large portion of his deal, then I would entertain it. He will play hard in our jumper
No comparison... we wanted rid of Grundy, as the Dees wanted rid of Woewodin at the time

No way Melbourne are trading Petracca AND paying a large portion of his salary
AnthonyC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by AnthonyC »

derkd wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:58 pm ^ also has had a very bad run with injuries. one of those, buyer beware. Just because he supported Collingwood, doesnt mean he needs to come and play for us. If it was five years ago, go for him. at 29, no thanks.
Some players are prone to injury, Petracca is not one of them.
Quite possibly one of the most resilient to have ever played the game after his debut.

I think we are still in contention, we should certainly enquire if he would be willing to leave.
Go Pies!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

I wanted him 5 years ago and was ridiculed by some on here...

But it's hard to see how it could happen with us having nothing to give away and Melbourne not wanting to lose him