Game Day. Pies v. Lions. Late changes, comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Game Day. Pies v. Lions. Late changes, comments.

Post by Donny »

Today. MCG. 4.35

Collingwood v. Brisbane

Let's hear ya !!
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Re: Game Day. Pies v. Lions. Late changes, comments.

Post by Jezza »

Pretty conservative with team selection, with just the one change being made. A lot will be treating this as a dead rubber, but we're still mathematically a chance of playing finals so we shouldn't be giving up yet.

The optimist in me says we're still a chance to play finals and what better way than winning later today against Brisbane. This game and the Giants vs Freo match (hoping for Freo to lose) are defining games.

Our form in the past few weeks has been better compared to what we produced over the 4-game losing streak, but question is will it be enough to get us over the line?
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Without De Goey, we will need Crisp to have a big impact bursting out of the centre. If we can break even in centre clearances, we will go a long way to winning this game. I remain skeptical of Long's worth, but today I'm hoping he proves me wrong. He is a big body, who likes to tackle, but today he will need to get his hands on the ball a bit more. Bytel needs to improve his ball use. I've yet to see much of Parker, but Fly obviously values him, so I'm hoping he has some impact when/if he comes on.

Pies by 7 pts.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

The weather could be a factor today - looks like it will pretty cool and a bit slippery. Our mids will have to work hard to contain the Brions mids. Neale has been very good lately and will need to be quelled. Long in tandem with others probably gets the job on him I reckon
I think therefore I think - I think
SLORT
Been liked: 60 times

Post by SLORT »

Zorko needs to be tagged or else we'll be shredded on the rebound.
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Quelling the Lion's midfield is the battle. Do that and their forwards will be relatively easy to quell, apart from Cameron, who is always dangerous. Im also interested to see what Shadeau Brain brings to the table. Brisbane's defence looks strong and I think Cox will need to spend a lot of time forward to stretch the Brisbane defence, as our forward line outside McStay looks short. I think Howe will be shifted to defence, particularly if the Brisbane forwards get on top. I dont think we will see Billy go to Andrews again but you never know I guess.

The other key question is will we be able to run out the game and win? Our second half fade outs occur way too often to be coincidence. With the Lions we wont be able to hold for the win, they will be determined to beat us and try to move up into the top four on the ladder. We need to go all out in the last if we want to win this one.

A close finish yet again. Collingwood by four points.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.ďż˝
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

All good questions. Can’t wait to find out. VFL pies are doing well in their last game of the season up 7pts on the VFl lions at half time.

Isaiah “Daicos” (2nd cousin real name Markovsky) moves well and has kicked a goal.

Cmon Pies!
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

How's the weather, down there ?
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Presti35
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Presti35 »

My health has again made it difficult to get to the game, but I promised myself that I would go. After all, I was there the last time these two met at the 'G. 8)
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Jezza
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Hipwood and Dunkley might be late outs for Brisbane.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Pies2016 »

DiMattia not playing in the VFL. Likely doesn’t mean much but just putting it out there.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Piesnchess
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

WE beat the Bears up at the so called unbeatable Gabba, last time, this season, so why cant we do it again ?? Bears dont do well on the big MCG, they tend to struggle there, and lost poorly last week. Pressure is all on them, we cant make finals, probably now, so nothing to lose, hit with everything, play with flair, throw caution to the wind, have a red hot go, and play with freedom, take em on, stir em up. Time to win a big match for the fans, to kick us into the off season with a big confidece victory. Woods by 8 points. :P :)
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
lihei
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by lihei »

The Black and White Lion wrote: ↑Sat Aug 17, 2024 1:40 pm All good questions. Can’t wait to find out. VFL pies are doing well in their last game of the season up 7pts on the VFl lions at half time.

Isaiah “Daicos” (2nd cousin real name Markovsky) moves well and has kicked a goal.

Cmon Pies!
2nd cousin? Really?
Cancel the Cancel Culture.
The Black and White Lion
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Close enough isn’t it. He kicked two goals, the second one was a brilliant finish from 40. Has Daicos traits.

I’m starting a motion for Peter to adopt him so we can claim him as a father son.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

Donny wrote: ↑Sat Aug 17, 2024 1:50 pm How's the weather, down there ?

Just rocking up to the G now and the sun is bright! Jumpers not jackets weather!

Let’s go pies!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!