Hawks smash North — conspiracy - should we have tanked?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 112 times

Hawks smash North — conspiracy - should we have tanked?

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Did Clarko give his old club a leg up going into the finals? Game on the weekend looked a bit sus.

should we have tanked to slide down the ladder for better draft picks?
SLORT
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 60 times

Re: Hawks smash North — conspiracy - should we have tanked?

Post by SLORT »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 10:10 am Did Clarko give his old club a leg up going into the finals? Game on the weekend looked a bit sus.

Err...wat? Freo have our pick...
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

SLORT wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 10:27 am
Mr Miyagi wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 10:10 am Did Clarko give his old club a leg up going into the finals? Game on the weekend looked a bit sus.

Uh drat, yeah forgot about that! We wouldve handed them a better pick. In my defense I’m hungover.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Would have been nice if Melbourne let us win by 100+. Even nicer to get a soft draw.
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 10:34 am
SLORT wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 10:27 am

Uh drat, yeah forgot about that! We wouldve handed them a better pick. In my defense I’m hungover.
Since last trade period?!

That's the way to celebrate! Red wine replay of the GF on a loop.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 10:36 am Would have been nice if Melbourne let us win by 100+. Even nicer to get a soft draw.
What I will tell you for free, is that you can bet your house we WON'T.

How about Geebung's two charity games against the Pauperoos this year? Despite them winning the flag decisively a year prior.
Reckon we'll get Roos, Tiggers or WCE twice in 2025? Yeah not as long as my hairy arse points to the ground we won't...
I still expect us to get returns with Carlton and Dopers in 2025; which is fine.

The fixture is a rort, always has and always will be.
Dildo and little miss dipshit won't make any effort to correct the process.
They'll just sit on their useless arses and gaslight, like the other turd McCochlan did for years...
There is NO NEED whatsoever for the fixture to rigged past round 18... all teams play each other once, THEN rivalry round.
The remaining 5 rounds should only be drawn at end of round 17, when all teams have played each other once!
From there determine who should play who, and where, based on ladder juxtaposition at the time - and not obsolete results that happened almost a year prior!
FMD, it can't be that hard can it? Unless you are total imbeciles - which they, the AFL admin prove themselves to be, year after year.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Back on topic - I honestly think Clarko doesn't actually give a shit anymore...
He's done his time, and had his flag run. I can't see him getting emotionally invested in the process any further.
I get the feeling he's just topping up the super with the basket case Pauperoos, before he rides off into the sunset.

Regardless of whether we had a pick to tank for or not, I don't think we could have dropped any lower by round 24, factoring in the point and percentages of teams immediately below us, AND the amount of points we had for 2024, would have seen us entrenched in the eight, in years prior.

I wait with baited breath what stupidity Hine has in store for us during trade period and upcoming ND!
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

^ Hard to know from the outside, but he's been through the wringer in the last few years with the racism allegations levelled against him.

That must have taken a huge toll on him.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆