Footy department rebuild & review. Is it time?

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

BazBoy
Been liked: 26 times

Footy department rebuild & review. Is it time?

Post by BazBoy »

Do we take stock of what we have
Do we chase the best off field people to enhance what we already have
And do we review the season and players not veiewd as needed then go hard for ones that can improve us

We are still in the premiership window but let’s make that more than that and get more silver ware
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
BazBoy
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Footy department rebuild & review is it time

Post by BazBoy »

Windows shut quicker than they open
Let’s not lose grasp of our opportunity
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 74 times

Coaching changes

Post by qldmagpie67 »

If Leppa has been appointed to list management and Bolton appointed as director of coaching then we must find 2 new assistants
I would be going strong for Nigel Lappin
He’s currently running Geelong’s development program (very successfully) but rumour has it has a great mind for the game
He’s known to Fly played together for a long time
Then I would look at a older more experienced coach maybe a former senior coach who’s strength is midfield
Could we poach Choco Williams away from Melbourne ?
He’s a known commodity and think he would work well with Fly
Also we need to find a defensive minded assistant
Rance is at the Suns but don’t know if he’s gettable
Maybe Troy Chaplin from Melbourne or Andrew McQualter
Whoever we go after they need to be the best of the best no more job sharing or part time assistants
SLORT
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 60 times

Re: Footy department rebuild & review. Is it time?

Post by SLORT »

I'm wondering if Kelly's restructuring of the resources (ie money) recently to the list management area was a way to make certain that Leppa had less reason to move on?

Lappin would be a great get.
One problem with Choco ~ he's 66 years old. I think that's basically time to pull up stumps.

I also think that we need a junior offsider to become Fly's right hand man, someone who's strengths compliments Fly and is in the early part of their coaching career. Maybe someone in the 30's-40s range from Geelong or Hawthorn?
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

I saw Choco with his family at the Hijinx Hotel in Chadstone on Sunday arvo, he's looking pretty good for 66!
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by piffdog »

I dont know about a rebuild (we're actually still the reigning premiers for another couple weeks - its not like we havent seen a final for 5 years), but I am very confident that the management are/will constantly be reviewing and looking to add the pieces that make the club and team better.

Be surprised if we dont see fresh faces in the coaching ranks somehow/where (noting they added Brendan McCartney through the year - who was arguably the architect of some of the success the DOgs had immediately after Bevo replaced him at the Dogs)
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...