Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Prelim. Pies v. Giants.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey did u guys notice the Rugby League suspended a player for eye gouging, for EIGHT WEEKS, whereas that little thug Greene got bugger all ???? Unreal hey, bloody League loves these Sydney teams, remember what that thug Hall did to that eagle, got off to play in swans flag ??

I hope we meet GWS and smash the living shit outa them, just a bunch of cheaters and thugs, Mumford and Greene, chief snipers, I hope we obliterate them. !!!!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:57 pm

Just looked on Collingwood website injury list and noticed that Reid is listed as "shoulder - test". This is concerning. Since when did Reid have a shoulder injury?
Let's hope all is well, because i believe that we need him to play in the Prelim, in the absence of JDG.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:35 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Just looked on Collingwood website injury list and noticed that Reid is listed as "shoulder - test". This is concerning. Since when did Reid have a shoulder injury?
Let's hope all is well, because i believe that we need him to play in the Prelim, in the absence of JDG.

Their should be an "injury playoff" between:

* Ben Reid &
* Bruce Reid

Q. Who would win you ask?

A. Medicare Smile

K 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:40 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Hey did u guys notice the Rugby League suspended a player for eye gouging, for EIGHT WEEKS, whereas that little thug Greene got bugger all ???? ...

And a lot of NRL supporters think it should have been SIXTEEN weeks. (It was his second offence.)

And that eight weeks was after his victim testified (i.e. lied) for him that nothing had happened.

Last edited by K on Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:41 pm

Bruce Reid would bowl him, Ben Reid would do a calf walking off and Bruce Reid would crush a vertebrae in his celebrations. Medicare indeed!!

Peter McKenna would still kick 7 though Wink

- Ben
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:49 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Hey did u guys notice the Rugby League suspended a player for eye gouging, for EIGHT WEEKS, whereas that little thug Greene got bugger all ???? Unreal hey, bloody League loves these Sydney teams, remember what that thug Hall did to that eagle, got off to play in swans flag ??

I hope we meet GWS and smash the living shit outa them, just a bunch of cheaters and thugs, Mumford and Greene, chief snipers, I hope we obliterate them. !!!!

Yep punched him straight in the guts, bringing him to ground for 10 min or so, and it was away from play. I'd say was a political decision to help the AFL pet project get a flag and it worked - without hall they wound't have made it.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:52 am

Magpietothemax wrote:

taht would sugegst he is over the leg issue which is great. and maybe picked up a shoulder strain at training? Looks promising.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:40 am

I'd actually be surprised if Reidy doesn't come in.

To think other teams won't consider stifling us by playing their defenders high and hemming our backs in with forward pressure is wishful thinking; it's plainly a good strategy against us. In those circumstances, a tall forward target and a tall out down the line are essential.

Both Richmond and West Coast can implement this strategy readily. The Giants could do this if they see themselves as the hunter, which would be likely should they win (not only because of our fast track to the prelim and MCG advantage, but because the media will absurdly and provocatively exaggerate our favouritism).

From here on in expect no favours over the ball and no easy outs through traffic. Not to mention the work that will be put into our sole ruckman by the opposition.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:46 am

Actually I don’t regard GWS as a real club

I call them AFL-Franchise

uncanny 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:35 am

Mumford and co roughing up the pies should they win against the Lions?
One thing in our favour is we will be cherry ripe rested up whereas they will have played that extra game. This came back to haunt us last year in the gf. Ran out of legs late because of the extra game. Hoping it is a factor in dampening the physical threat of the giants if they make it that far. Go Lions on the weekend. We would prefer them based on results of games this year but they would be far from a pushover as well.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:22 pm

shawthing wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

Mumford worries me.

Easily the dirtiest player in the league (along with Toby Greene). Do we have a couple of mongrel stoppers we can send to them early in the game? Maynard could easily put Greene in his place, but Mumford is Andre the Giant. Hopefully it won't come to that and the Brions will beat them on the weekend.

Actually, GWS are loaded with them.
Finlayson would be the toughest "in your face" player they have next to Greene.
Matt De boer does not stop niggling the whole game - he would go to Pendles or Sidey.
Taranto, Hopper, Lloyd, Shaw and even Cameron give out plenty.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:28 pm

I remember our last GWS match, Mumford wasn't even bothering to go for the ball at some stoppages, he was whacking Grundy. He did a Sam Mitchell a few times too, knees into the side/back. Should we play GWS, I'd like to see the club have a chat with the AFL about it. Mumford's a dog, lucky to still be playing, I don't know who he has photos of.

In the old days, a player would be instructed to take the prick out at the first bounce.

GWS also scrag and hold players to the ground after tackles -- it's bleedingly obvious what they're doing, but the umps continually ignore it. They tackle and then "accidentally on purpose" tangle the opposition player's legs, sit on top of them... or just blatantly hold them so they can't get up and contest the ball. They repeatedly did it to Pendles last time we played the pricks.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:52 pm

Any updates on how JDG went or is going in germany with professor hammy also any updates in general on possible replacements for JDG and Levi Greenwood.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:58 pm

interesting stat come the prelim pies would have only played twice in a month
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:01 pm

90 nice wrote:
interesting stat come the prelim pies would have only played twice in a month

I'm wishing we were playing this weekend. Feels like a momentum killer. But the week off might give us an opportunity to bring the same tackling pressure we did in the first week after the break.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 9 of 33   

Jump to: