Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Blues. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 5:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rude I think he has to start to be honest
We will need everything we have at the contest and then the speed on the outside to cover if we lose it
Lipinski will likely spend time in the middle as well now as he’s a bigger body so he shouldn’t be sub
Markov will go back as he plays taller than Nick and Nick will be needed around the ball with no JDG
We need speed speed and more speed to break there line and put there defence under pressure it’s really our only chance
If we go in slow it plays into there hands
We are already hampered with our ability to win clearances so being slow on the outside will only make it worse
Sub has to be either WHE or Sidey allowing for our need for speed
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 7:29 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
^

I hope it works and you are proved correct but am scarred but Josh Fraser and Grundy years where losing clearances did not work. Pressure must be brought across all 4 quarters for the plan to work. Go pies!

DT 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 8:24 am

Agree with you LaurieHolden. Top post.

I wonder if Markov will play wing a bit. I think we might throw players around a bit tonight to cause some confusion.
Carlton are more talented but Pies have a better system.
It will be an upset for us to win but not impossible

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 9:42 am

Watching Port last night, they stink, so I think our best performance of the year where most of us and the media exclaimed “we’re back”, is somewhat soured.

I would have said this is the defining game of the season. I would have said win this we are still contenders, lose and we’re also rans at best. Given the outs, reading into a loss is going to be very hard if not harsh. A win against all odds the maybe we can claim we’re still contenders.

Guessing fly and co have a plan that takes into account getting smoked around the ball so I don’t think all is lost but I for one will not be screaming at the TV if we get done.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 9:53 am

^ even a win would be against an undermanned Carlton.

This is the first time this year we are dealing with in season injuries to key players.

In the past two years, we have done very well in this situation. Hoping we continue that.

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 11:11 am

Pies by 4 goals.
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 11:13 am

won the grand final 8 matches ago.

from that side out~: Ginnavan, Murphy, De Goey. Mitchell

in: Noble, Schulz, Harrison, Sullivan

Murphy hardly played, Ginnavan didn't do a lot

so in theory can the 4 ins cover what De Goey and Mitchell did that day?

Maybe so. Our problem though is that a lot of players are down of form

so - out: Crisp(2023 version), Sidebotttom(2023), Moore(2023) ....
in: Crisp(2024 version), Sidebottom(2024), Moore(2024) ...
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 11:30 am

IF ...you take a look back at the 2015 national draft ...
THEN ...you'll see names like Curnow, Oliver, Weitering, Parish, Himmelberg, Mills, a couple of McKays, Rioli. Another name, Lachie Sullivan, was available that year. Overlooked by every club then, and for the eight drafts after it. Ten weeks ago, the Pies gave him what he always wanted, a place on an AFL club list. On Friday night, he will play a debut AFL match in the Collingwood midfield, alongside Nick Daicos, against Patty Cripps and Sam Walsh. Love it.

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 11:45 am

Haff wrote:
Watching Port last night, they stink, so I think our best performance of the year where most of us and the media exclaimed “we’re back”, is somewhat soured.

True, but I also noticed Adelaide looked very vulnerable when their own backline was under siege. That pressure had continued, the tables would have been turned.

But of course, Port not good enough. We must maintain good form for 120 minutes, or Carlton's forwards will have a field day.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 12:23 pm

Haff wrote:
We must maintain good form for 120 minutes, or Carlton's forwards will have a field day.

THIS ^^^^ In a nutshell. My biggest fear tonight is that their two forward gorillas will get on top and create headaches for our defence. The only way to counter this is for us to play our very best football in every quarter and dominate the midfield. This is a huge ask without two of our vital midfielders. However I believe that our best football, as per our great games last year, will be better than theirs and get us over the line in a close one.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 12:35 pm

How are we feeling about this match v Blues.
Im going in as a kind of we will lose this type of mentality.
Say a 23 points lose.
Definitely a win is a bonus we play weast coast marvel then crows back at the mcg.Draw will become more favourable but tonight is tough. To the point im only going to the mcg for the fun of it and i like my footy.Not expecting a win. But be good to see alot of fans there and get amongst it at the mcg.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 12:42 pm

^^^^You are being very honest about your opinion and I respect that. However sometimes that’s the way we protect ourselves by having expectations of a loss but hoping deep down that we will win! I’m also in that category of being a bit pessimistic, only because of the loss of JDG and Titch. The unknown is how their replacements will perform. Known vs Unknown, Head vs Heart.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 12:56 pm

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
Midfield stacked with midgets,

The story of our clubs recruiting. Oh what we'd give for two tall KPFs like McKay and Curnow.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 12:59 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
I have this picture of John Noble at CHF ready on his step ladder, which the umpires have allowed. However, they would not allow his plastic wings as the flapping noise is confusing to the other players. I would suggest his step ladder should have had wheels for quicker deployment.

Honestly (I love Johnny Noble), but this is the most bizarre Collingwood selection I can recall. I'll tell you what though, I will be going off if we start banging the ball into the forward line indiscriminately. High bombs will see us annihilated tonight. We have to pick our way through with surgical accuracy.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 3:22 pm

shawthing wrote:
Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
Midfield stacked with midgets,

The story of our clubs recruiting. Oh what we'd give for two tall KPFs like McKay and Curnow.

And they'd hand over their Colemans for a chance to play in a GF and win a Premiership medal in a heartbeat.

McKay has done sweet FA relative to his draft pick #10 status. The most goals he's kicked is 58 during the Covid season - without those big scary crowds. Checkers has played 1 less season and still kicked more goals than him 212 to 203. Brodies tackling is 240 to 162. He's been by far the better acquisition.
And Checkers will be better than him again tonight.

Curnow, well that's a different discussion. A generational talent.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9   

Jump to: