Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#10 Scott Pendlebury

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 135, 136, 137  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 10:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He's ageing like fine wine.

His first quarter alone was extraordinary. 2 goals, 2 goal assists, 12 disposals at 75% disposal efficiency, 5 score involvements and 2 clearances.

VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 11:24 pm

^ I was at the game today and I was thinking that we are witnessing something very special with Pendleburys late career form. It’s quite extraordinary.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 3:38 am

At 36 and with 393 games behind him has he played a better game in the past couple years ?
It’s subjective for sure but his input yesterday was likely the biggest difference between winning and losing
The way he started the game and the control he showed during the stages when we where under the pump was extraordinary
Right now he’s still in our top 5 players most weeks if not each week
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 6:40 am

^ Well, yes - his last quarter in the 2023 Grand Final was ridiculous. But yesterday was also outstanding, albeit it with a little less riding on it.
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 2:14 pm

Wonder what Scotty's got in store for us on the Freo road trip. Will be game SP394. Assuming he doesn't get rested, I think he's on target for a Friday July 12 Round 18 home trip to the G for his 400th against the cats
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 3:33 pm

I wouldn’t have thought so given we have the bye after another 3 games.

I hope his 400th is against Cats for a home Friday night game that will be packed rather than the Hawks the following week.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 3:37 pm

Jezza wrote:
He's ageing like fine wine.

His first quarter alone was extraordinary. 2 goals, 2 goal assists, 12 disposals at 75% disposal efficiency, 5 score involvements and 2 clearances.

Yes.
Although sometimes I think he isn't aging at all, but has discovered the secret of rewinding time.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 4:40 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ Well, yes - his last quarter in the 2023 Grand Final was ridiculous. But yesterday was also outstanding, albeit it with a little less riding on it.

Fair point that was another amazing quarter
I guess we could go and find another 40 or 50 of those type of quarters during his career but to be delivering them in what is the twilight of his career beggers belief at times
Another fun fact when the team at half time was going at 53% kicking eff he was delivering the ball at 79%
Let’s all marvel at this player and await his 400th
Side note I mentioned to she who must be obeyed (aka my better half) that I wanted to go to the game and figured it would be against the cats but think I’ll wait until a week or so before just to be sure
But I sure want to be in the masses when he runs out for that game
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 4:59 pm

Two things stand out for me with regards to Pendles :
1. He sets himself for BIG games, especially finals and rarely (if ever) let's us down.
2. This year he has demonstrated that, even in his 'twilight' years, he plays best as a midfielder. Not only does he play better there, but it enables him to lead and conduct the play of our whole team.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 5:11 pm

I can’t see a single reason as to why Pendles can’t play on next season. This luxury car is firing on all cylinders and has a lot of mileage left in it. A gun player doesn’t suddenly lose his value unless badly injured or is restricted in his movements.
K 

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 2:52 pm

Jay Clark:
'Pendlebury is the eighth highest-rated player in the competition over the past month according to Champion Data...
McRae said the club would likely meet with Pendlebury ... around the mid-season bye to discuss a contract extension....
"With Pendles I have got the relationship and he was the captain, (so) this is your decision," McRae said on SEN.
"I think that stands true with what he wants to do with his career. I'm not going to stand in the way of what he wants."'

(Hun)
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 10:46 am

Nathan Buckley says that Pendles is "the best player ever to pull on a Collingwood guernsey": https://www.instagram.com/1116sen/reel/C7PxtHuoCDv/
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 11:08 am

It’s ridiculous when you look back and realise the only reason some people were talking about the “ demise “ of Pendlebury, was because he wasn’t being asked to do much on game day. All of a sudden, the engine room is undermanned with the absence of DeGoey and Mitchell and just as quickly, we are all reminded he still has it at the age of 36 back in the midfield where games are won and lost.
Ideally, you want him playing on but hopefully more in a reduced midfield capacity because we’ve managed to strengthen that area over the off season. I’ve said this a number of times but every club needs “ standards drivers “ and there are none better in the competition than Pendlebury. When the draftees come on board, there’s no easier sell than “ if you want to be the best footballer you can be, just follow in the footsteps of number 10s preparation and professionalism “
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 11:20 am

^ Absolutely. And his continuing impact is even more startling when you put it in the context that only 4 players in history pulled on a Collingwood jumper at an age older than Pendles was last weekend (36 years, 132 days), when he kicked 2 gioals and assisted the other 2 in the first quarter.

Those 4, for the record, were Ted Rowell (39 years, 95 days), Les Hughes (38 years, 144 days), Bill Proudfoot (38 years, 75 days) and Jock McHale (37 years, 141 days) - and none of them pulled on the Collingwood jumper in the last 100 years.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 2:18 pm

^P4S, that would have been a great Magpie Trivia Q.
At 39 years, surely Ted Rowell was already statistically well beyond the mortality rate of the era...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 135, 136, 137  Next
Page 136 of 137   

Jump to: