Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Laughing Stock

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi the wall in Mid July (the Geelong game).
Babylove 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:28 pm

The thing I don't like about losing more than anything else is the negativity of the supporters that comes out afterwards. We have a young side, at some point we were going to fall over. It's sad that it happened against the tigers, not just because of the season they've had but because it's the tigers.

However how about looking at the positivity of the season. At the start of the year most people were tipping us to finish bottom four. This year we have debuted 9 debutants and I think there's only one that hasn't shown promise. There is talk that of another couple playing at Williamstown that will either debut this year or early next year. The likes of Pendles, Daisy, Cloke and Heater are playing well beyond their years of experience (all are in their second or third year). We are building a team that have the potential to do a lot of good in the years to come. There are a lot of positives to come out of the season, but because we have such a young side, you have to expect some hiccups along the way.

Last edited by Babylove on Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:31 pm

top post babylove. whats makes these losses even worse is seeing the fickleness of some of the supporters.

the kids have shown heart all year. now they're having a down patch...which all teams are expected to have....we turn on them instead of backing them
kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:34 pm

No-one got over 20 possessions...We just couldn't get the ball...Tigers had 120 more stats, 116 marks to 64, 121 to 90 in contested possessions. We were flogged by a team that was pumped up....sort of like all teams against us.

I was all for giving Clarke a rest, and who could've tipped Toov's having a shocker? To be a coach you need telepathy. Mick didn't have it tonight.

We still can end up 14-8....finals are still possible, from there we can go anywhere.

Like Heater said after the ANZAC match "Look out, we're going places"...............and we are.

Luv ya Pies, love the recruiters,..........but Josh needs a mate, and the forward line needs a strong running leading option. It's all grabs and crumbs.

Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

My god, where to start...
...words keep popping into my head "joke", "pretenders", "pathetic", "lazy", "weak", "soft", "choke"...stop me when i hit on one that doesn't describe today's effort.

Our defense was woeful and our midfield was worse. Thank god they didnt send it in all that often, because we barely repelled a solid attack all night.

Heater was down, Presti was hurt, Bull did nothing, Goldy did nothing, Maxwell isnt a defende, and Clement, the best defender in the comp, was hopeless. Lead to marking contests, couldnt seem to lay a spoil, even his marking seemed unsafe.

Sooooo many passengers it was just ridiculous. First really POOR game ive seen from Josh too. Normally he is just quiet when he has a bad game, today he was...well....a bit useless.

We are really feeling the loss of Pendlebury in the midfield i reckon, its 20 classy possessions a game that are ripped off our tally and replaced with dinky, ineffective bullshit.

I feel we had a chance to bury them in the third, but errant kicking, once again, cost us. Should have been 4 goals up after that passage of play by my count....that alone would have won us the game by 4pts, let alone the effect it would have had on Richmond. But true to form we did all the hard work, and pissed it away in front of goal.

bahhhh, i feel physically ill.
Tanks1966 Leo

Totally usless tonight. Players should be ashamed of themselves.
How on earth can Toovey get a game again I dont know and although Im a Lika fan he surley must apply for the pension immediatley.
We looked lazy, slow and non commited. It really was shameful.
I seriously cant see us winning another game the way we are playing now. There is absolutley no excuses for performances like that!

Zakal 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:38 pm

Kingswood wrote:
top post babylove. whats makes these losses even worse is seeing the fickleness of some of the supporters.

the kids have shown heart all year. now they're having a down patch...which all teams are expected to have....we turn on them instead of backing them

The problem is it wasnt the kids who went missing. I agree with Babylove 100%...overall, this season is a MASSIVE win. 9 debutants, probably 10 by the end, who have almost ALL shown great signs...are you kidding me? thats fantastic!

...but the problem is games like today, when young kids like Daisy make solid contributions, but guys like Fraser, Clement, Obree, Burns, Johnson , Swan and Licuria completely let the team down.

We havent relied on our kids to win the clearances all year, and thats where we were smashed....same with the defence, it was full strength.
Presti, Clement, Harry, Heater, Maxxy, Rhyce, Tarks....every single player we would name in our best back 6 played....and they were hopeless.

Kids can be excused, and will be better for the experience, but senior players cannot.
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:41 pm

good call zakal,

i listened to the game on radio so dont have a great review of it yet (ill be watching it on the net tonight)

but yeh to have your seniors letting you down is inexcusable and a terrible feeling.
Zakal 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:44 pm

Kingswood wrote:
good call zakal,

i listened to the game on radio so dont have a great review of it yet (ill be watching it on the net tonight)

but yeh to have your seniors letting you down is inexcusable and a terrible feeling.

argh, i just looked at the rankings:

Deledio
Foley
Bowden
Jackson
Tuck
Johnson
Richardson
King
Pattison
Polak

thats TEN players before a single pies player is mentioned (Medhurst was our best btw)

Almost half their side was better than EVERYONE in our side....Richmond had won ONE game prior to this, yet half their side played better than ours.
Collingwould Libra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:48 pm

Kingswood wrote:

aint fickle, that's just one eyed faith blinding you - as supporters and members (as I am, captains BTW), WE ARE ALLOWED TO HURT, so let us ok!!! this is us venting our spleens......

simple fact: we are in the eight
simple fact: they are ON THE BOTTOM
simple question: should we beat them so close to finals?
simple answer: YES

does it not hurt you as one of the faithful that our mob continues to humiliate themselves and their supporters???? WAKE the F@CK up man, we have been beaten by the two bottom teams and we are supposed to be finals contenders this year, well let me tell you, we are finals PRETENDERS and tonight is comprehensive proof of that.

it is about winning premierships, not losing to wooden spoon favourites, so let me tell you right here right now, as long as the current regime is in place, we will not win a premiership.

I have toiled over this long and hard, read all the magpie do-gooder threads about the so-called "mighty pies" and the "faith", but let me tell you, I don't give a god-damn about any gospel talkers, all I care about is winning in that last day in September, and what it takes is BALLS, to be TOUGH and uncompromising, to not accept or even tolerate losses of any nature like this at all.

I am fed up with seeing and hearing about Collingwood getting "so close", I'd rather come last 5 years in a row just to win a flag, trust me, I was there in 1990 and I know first hand how damn good it feels to be surrounded by hordes of ecstatic magpie fans.

Get with the fricking program Collingwood, get ruthless, remove mediocrity and demand performances the likes Kangaroos ppl are seeing week in week out: give the fans value for their well given money!!!
choppa 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:49 pm

yep i agree with how we have gone well seeing they tipped us for bottom of the ladder..

it jus sucks wen u have the OPPORTUNITY to finish 2nd with a good draw and to stuff it up is dissapointing

half our backline is OLD and half is too young...

our midfield is pretty slow
our fowards are Awesome but dont fire sometimes...

Hopefully 2008 will be a great year for us tho.

and kingswood jus cos some supporters are negative including me doesnt mean we dont love collingwood and arent real supporters its jus we are different. every one is different and we see things differently please no personal attacks.

i joined this board the other month cos all my mates go for essendon and i have no one to talk about collingwood with.
so i like to display my views.
when we win i love saying how good we r.
wen we lose i usually say how crap we were.

well anyway most ppl hate me by nowz anyway ill probaly jus leave the board or barely post anymorez
catcha guys
swooper 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:52 pm

I would be very suprised if there is anyone here tonight (or at the club) who would accept or tolerate an appalling loss like tonight.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:52 pm

Collingwould wrote:
Kingswood wrote:

aint fickle, that's just one eyed faith blinding you - as supporters and members (as I am, captains BTW), WE ARE ALLOWED TO HURT, so let us ok!!! this is us venting our spleens......

does it not hurt you as one of the faithful that our mob continues to humiliate themselves and their supporters???? WAKE the F@CK up man, we have been beaten by the two bottom teams and we are supposed to be finals contenders this year, well let me tell you, we are finals PRETENDERS and tonight is comprehensive proof of that.

it is about winning premierships, not losing to wooden spoon favourites, so let me tell you right here right now, as long as the current regime is in place, we will not win a premiership.

I have toiled over this long and hard, read all the magpie do-gooder threads about the so-called "mighty pies" and the "faith", but let me tell you, I don't give a god-damn about any gospel talkers, all I care about is winning in that last day in September, and what it takes is BALLS, to be TOUGH and uncompromising, to not accept or even tolerate losses of any nature like this at all.

I am fed up with seeing and hearing about Collingwood getting "so close", I'd rather come last 5 years in a row just to win a flag, trust me, I was there in 1990 and I know first hand how damn good it feels to be surrounded by hordes of ecstatic magpie fans.

Get with the fricking program Collingwood, get ruthless, remove mediocrity and demand performances the likes Kangaroos ppl are seeing week in week out: give the fans value for their well given money!!!

Look at what Matthews did at the Lions, he did the same thing with us in 1990.

I know we have kids playing for us at the minute, but we need to develop ruthlessness and geniune hardness in our players.
Collingwould Libra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:56 pm

steviewonder36 wrote:
Collingwould wrote:
Kingswood wrote:

Look at what Matthews did at the Lions, he did the same thing with us in 1990.

I know we have kids playing for us at the minute, but we need to develop ruthlessness and geniune hardness in our players.

pretty much all I ask, give a genuine effort representative of what we are capable of delivering.

This is not a practice run, this is it, as far as I see it, and I'm being realistic, we are not a geniune threat for this years flag and not many wouldn've really rated us (realistically) but do we ever learn from bad losses like this??? i.e. losing to Melbourne every year on Queens B'day, like does this make us Collingwood supporters happy For F*cks Sake?!!!!
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:56 pm

FFS get a dose of reality. Presti was injured, Clement, Harry, Rheece and O'Bree have either only recently come back and/or lack match fitness, Heath is a bloody kid, Swan missed most of the pre-season and Josh is far from 100%. Welcome to the real world. It's round 19. The kids are tiring as anyone with half a bloody brain would expect, and unfortunately many of our key experienced players either have recently got over or are still carrying niggles. Every week it's the same friggin knockers. Do you honestly think the players out there are not trying? As for being embarassed about being a magpie supporter. I'd be more embarassed about the bullshit posts you make evertime we lose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: