Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Sting

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clement 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:26 pm
Post subject: The StingReply with quote

Richmond were backed in from 6 to 1 to 4 to 1 today in what was the greatest Sting in the history of AFL betting. Something like 50 million dollars was lost by TAB Sportsbet alone. Something knew something about what was about to happen. I got to the game early and went down to the TAB at the MCG and there was lines and lines of Richmond supporters just investing on their beloved Tigers. Not only for Richmond to win but for Richmond to be in front at the end of each quarter which was paying something like 13-1.

I talked to one of them and he said he had lost 300,000 in the Share crash due to the sub prime market in the US and he had taken the rest of his money out and put it on the Tigers to make up his loses.

There were hundreds and hundres of Tiger supporters piling lots of their filthy money on. It wil be interesting to see how much was waged in the end.

I have never ever seen supporters so confident. I wonder if the umpires got on as well based on to the decisions tonight. However we weren’t good enough and Richmond were a lot more intense.

Can’t understand how we lost it once we got infront but somebody somewhere has made heaps of money at our expense.
Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

How did we lose it from the front? Errant kicking. Simple as that. Had we converted those gimme goals, that would have given us a margin they could not have come back from...and even if they did, we would have won by 4pts.

Sad to see that killer instinct lacking tonight.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:31 pm

Wonder if sheahan's article had anything to do with it Razz
Sultan of spin Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:32 pm

Judging by the preformance and selection I think maybe a few collingwood players and coaches got on aswell
Clement 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:09 am

Loads and loads of money as pay out on the Richmond win. Gary Davies, from TAB sports bet was just on the radio and he was crying. He might have to shut down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: