Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

From the president

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:41 am
Post subject: Re: HeyReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Ed had a spiteful verbal slouch with Hiss at the AGM in the heat of the 2011/12 Summer, and vowed to never return.

That's total crap! I have had my differences with Ed, but reckon he is the best President in the AFL. We are very lucky to have him. His passion and commitment to our Club are undeniable. I fully support Ed and Gary.

He may not come on here because of people like you who frequently talk utter crap and attempt to slag people off like some childish fool.

I just hope our success in 2016 has you banished from this Board and our Club.

HUH ?? Very recently you took a mighty swipe at him, the Board, for turning us into an elitist Corporate Club, led by latte sipping Corporate elites, who had lost the soul of the club. Make up your mind. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PNC..surely youre not takin Hiss seriously?
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:08 pm
Post subject: Re: NoReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Like many on here, i really like ed, but i just think he should consider passing on the baton as President in the not too distant future, the job is not his for life, and may be time to give someone like craig kelly a go. Just my opinion, for what its worth.

The foul smell of treason I sniff! Replacing one of the best Presidents we have ever had with who? I mean fair dinkum! Compulsory voting is wrecking Australia. Freedom of expression is wrecking Collingwood. If you don't support your President, you should go and support Hawthorn.

how many wars is it that you have now fought, died and resurrected yourself in? we must be approaching a milestone. i hope the corio rsl has a big banner for you. if you are going to have bertha run through it too can you let them know so they can buy more crepe paper.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:29 pm

As I thought, it was just a five yearly fly-over with handfuls of pretty plastic toys for the moronic natives. Membership, facilities, Vic Park, Corporate crap.

Who the F**K cares about any of this shite while we're being stomped by shite sides?! And of course many of us thought The Prez had dropped in again. He hasn't. Not in 2015, and not now.
But of course a busy President has far too much on his hands to drop in here...

Bulls**t! Where could he or anyone else possibly get a better idea of what the real die-hard supporters & members are thinking & talking about among themselves. How could that not be important to the President of the club? If things are important he can make time, he's clearly a very skilful time manager, he couldn’t do his many jobs if he weren't! Don't tell me he can't have a lackey look in once a month and gauge the mood of the people. If he thinks he's gonna get that at an end of season audience he's very much mistaken. Most of what he heard last year at his little 'celebration of failure' was the same sycophantic shit famous people hear every single day! Then some mealy-mouthed crap about membership packages, parking, seating, and other entirely extraneous effluvium!

What most really care about is getting rid of the complete dud of a coach, and getting someone else to salvage something from this truly screwed year.

If anyone, including Ed, can't see that Buckley was handed a brand new, absolutely perfect Ferrari in 2012, they are truly blind! The thing was running better than any Ferrari had in 60 years plus. Constant checking, calibrating, and changing of worn parts had created a dream machine, which the previous owner was forced to deliver to Buckley, who didn’t even have a licence!
So he took it, stuck a HQ front grille on it, added a set of sheepskin seat covers, and wrapped it firmly around a pole. There it sits still, an object of derision & laughter for anyone going down Victoria Parade. Rusting away for all to see. All the work, all the heartbreak, all the sweat, blood & tears that had gone into making it perfect were now smashed, or had been nicked by kids from Lygon St.

But what can be done?! Is it hopeless? Actually no. Bring in a really highly trained mechanic, someone who has worked on the latest models, and get rid of the bogan who can't drive for sh*t!!!!

If the owner refuses to let us do that, then he has to go as well. We bloody-well refuse to tool around in a beat up 1973 Zephyr with no paint and a stuffed carb, when a bit of spit & polish could put us back in the fastest machine the game has ever seen.

It's really not that hard, but there is NO WAY the current mechanic can even get it back on the road, and if we don't get it done NOW it will be towed and stripped for parts.

Which way do YOU want to go?!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:36 pm

Which way do we want to go!
A new ferrari first and then a new mechanic!

35forever 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:05 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Which way do we want to go!
A new ferrari first and then a new mechanic!

Seriously? We've still got the Ferrari in the shape of Pendles, Swan, Treloar, Greenwood, Sidebottom, Crisp, DeGoey, Varcs, Tay-tay, Faz, Darcy, Blair, etc etc. Sure it needs a bit of panel-beating, tuning, a full service, brakes, and various repairs to fix the problems caused by driving around like a big bogan. Sure it looks buggered, but look at the way it performed against Geelong, Footscray and the Roos just 8 weeks ago, and what are they? no.1, 2, & 3 on the ladder or something? It's easy to say it was "only" the NAB, but the real difference was that they played with confidence coz there was nothing to lose.
I really do believe that ANY coach that has done the job recently or is a good assistant would do better. I also believe that Roos, Thompson, or yes, Malthouse would have them up & going by halfway and you'd see a different team after the bye, one which could, unbelievably, play finals. If North can nearly make the GF from 8th, we can. Remember 2003? We were bloody ordinary for most of the first half then went virtually undefeated to the Grand Finals. In fact we could be 5-5 by Round 10, the same as 2003 when we finished 2nd & made the granny, after being outside the 8 after 10. But small as the chances are, they're zero under Suckley. He is great... for GWS's draft prospects! I honestly believe this side, at it's best, can beat anyone. I would be 100% certain if we had Swan & Rammer, but I'm also certain it won't happen with Buckley at the helm, in that case we'll finish in the bottom 4, lose Swanny forever, and give GWS a draft pick in the top few. More than that we'll be the joke of the AFL, too stupid to stop shooting itself in the face! Imagine if Essendon win 2 more & we don't. We have a great side, they have a glorified VFL team.

For god's sake stop the madness just because the guy was a champion player! Brisbane and Essendon made similar mistakes with Voss & Hird, but they woke up ages ago, when do we finally wake up from the nightmare?

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
courtza 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:19 pm

35forever wrote:
As I thought, it was just a five yearly fly-over with handfuls of pretty plastic toys for the moronic natives. Membership, facilities, Vic Park, Corporate crap.

Who the F**K cares about any of this shite while we're being stomped by shite sides?! And of course many of us thought The Prez had dropped in again. He hasn't. Not in 2015, and not now.

Bulls**t! Where could he or anyone else possibly get a better idea of what the real die-hard supporters & members are thinking & talking about among themselves. How could that not be important to the President of the club? If things are important he can make time, he's clearly a very skilful time manager, he couldn’t do his many jobs if he weren't! Don't tell me he can't have a lackey look in once a month and gauge the mood of the people. If he thinks he's gonna get that at an end of season audience he's very much mistaken. Most of what he heard last year at his little 'celebration of failure' was the same sycophantic shit famous people hear every single day! Then some mealy-mouthed crap about membership packages, parking, seating, and other entirely extraneous effluvium!

What most really care about is getting rid of the complete dud of a coach, and getting someone else to salvage something from this truly screwed year.

If anyone, including Ed, can't see that Buckley was handed a brand new, absolutely perfect Ferrari in 2012, they are truly blind! The thing was running better than any Ferrari had in 60 years plus. Constant checking, calibrating, and changing of worn parts had created a dream machine, which the previous owner was forced to deliver to Buckley, who didn’t even have a licence!
So he took it, stuck a HQ front grille on it, added a set of sheepskin seat covers, and wrapped it firmly around a pole. There it sits still, an object of derision & laughter for anyone going down Victoria Parade. Rusting away for all to see. All the work, all the heartbreak, all the sweat, blood & tears that had gone into making it perfect were now smashed, or had been nicked by kids from Lygon St.

But what can be done?! Is it hopeless? Actually no. Bring in a really highly trained mechanic, someone who has worked on the latest models, and get rid of the bogan who can't drive for sh*t!!!!

If the owner refuses to let us do that, then he has to go as well. We bloody-well refuse to tool around in a beat up 1973 Zephyr with no paint and a stuffed carb, when a bit of spit & polish could put us back in the fastest machine the game has ever seen.

It's really not that hard, but there is NO WAY the current mechanic can even get it back on the road, and if we don't get it done NOW it will be towed and stripped for parts.

Thats some funny stuff +1
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:24 pm

35forever wrote:

It probably is an appropriate time for the Prez to check in here again. Hey 35 if you did shorter posts I'd actually read them in full. I admire your passion but it's just too much effort to read them on my phone.

35forever 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:59 pm

Damien wrote:
35forever wrote:

It probably is an appropriate time for the Prez to check in here again. Hey 35 if you did shorter posts I'd actually read them in full. I admire your passion but it's just too much effort to read them on my phone.

Mate in all honesty I don't think I'd bother on a phone either. I sure wouldn’t write 'em on one!

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:22 am

It would be a very good time for Ed to drop in again, however if he's really as big a Magpie tragic as he claims, he'd surely be reading stuff quietly, without comment. I don't know of any resource with Collingwood discussion or information I haven't found and devoured. I don't claim to be as busy as big Ed, but I work a hundred hours a week, (by choice) and find time, nay make time, to read what I can here, and even write a sentence or two... or three... OK four, shutup!
As they say, you want something done ask a busy person. He must be a wiz at time management, so reading a bit of Nicks or Big Footy surely can't be difficult, in fact I'd be surprised if he doesn't. Maybe he has a lackey compile the most interesting bits (which compliment him), and has Bucks read them out to an MP3 file so he can listen to them in his favourite voice!

Apart from the first several months after the suck-session, I've always been very happy to have him as our President, he has a media voice and gives us some advantage. At this point I'd be glad for him to stay on, but if he won't get rid of Buckley, and I don't think he can, then he has to go as it will take a board spill to get Buckley gone. The anti-Buckley chorus will naturally go quiet after the large, if rather errant, win tonight, and given that we won't be expected to get anything but a pair of beatings from the next two, there won't be huge outrage unless we get 100+ point pantsings, but a half-decent Collingwood performance would get us over Melbourne and Port, however if we fail in both, finals aren't a realistic proposition, and then it's just a matter of how far down. In that circumstance I'd expect to continue the 'Buckley run' and finish lower than thirteenth or so, maybe 16th. Even if we roll Port and Melbourne we would still have to perform far better in the second half of the season. Freo & Carlton shouldn’t be too hard (although our awful record first up after a bye gives Freo a good shot), but that would only get us to 7 with 5 more needed for a finals slot from the 8 remaining games. Most of which we won't be favourites for. In fact without dramatic circumstances only Richmond & GCS would see us start favourites, meaning we'd need to win 3 from GWS, Adelaide, North, West Coast, Footscray and Hawthorn, but again, even if they droop, our record in the final round of the season is a shocker. Can anyone see us winning three from that lot? Sure, we beat GWS & North last time we met, but things are somewhat different. Footscray? Adelaide at home? Not as things stand, but this once I'd be way happier with 9th than last coz there's no advantage, and so GWS don't get a top 5 pick.
On the other hand, if we threw the truck into reverse and won the lot from here on 17 wins is our ultimate tally and that would give us a top 4 spot - from first to 4th over the last several years.

It's nice to dream, and I'd certainly jump off Buckley's back if it happened and be pleased to do so. But that just aint the likelihood. The overwhelming likelihood is that we'll hand back every point of tonight's percentage boost against Geelong and Footscray, and go on to win maybe 3 or 4 more, say Melbourne, Carlton, Freo and Gold Coast. That would be slightly better than we've done thus far as it means beating 2 sides who already beat us this year, and another w haven't beaten in years, but it is an even bet. That’s just seven wins, and recent history means that's bottom 4, hell, if we don't win at least 1 more we're looking very closely at a 3rd spoon and a VERY happy GWS side!

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11   

Jump to: