Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

From the president

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eddie.......... Ok bye
stonedpies 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:18 am

Jason Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:28 am

Damn I just had images of Collingwood supporters all dressed up and singing "Happy Birthday Mr President" a la Marilyn Monroe style Shocked

I think it's safe to say after these last couple of pages, Eddie'll be running for the hills Laughing
gregpie 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:35 am
Post subject: Spontaneous Ejaculation!Reply with quote

Even Robot Hal got a hard drive!
Embarassed

greg
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:39 am

I will obey your command.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:51 am

Tell Us about our Draft Picks Eddie
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:04 am
Post subject: Single bullet theoryReply with quote

Quote:
November 22 isn't a great date for Irish Catholic Democratic Presidents!!!!(JFK for the younger brigade).

He he, I think you'll be fine Ed, but maybe it might be better to stay away from grassy knolls or book depositories for a few more days, eh?

I'm horrified at the thought of the pies moving up here, and I can't help thinking the AFL want to transplant someone, but SURELY this couldn't be us?

At worst its gotta be one of the 1925 latecomers (Rich, Foots, N.Melb etc) not a century plus Melbourne side. I'd hate to not be able to beat Essendon or Carlton again because they've become the Cararra Blues or Gold Coast Bombers. I also think the 'Goldy' is the wrong place, I think there's plans afoot to turn it over to Japan entirely. Not that I dislike the Japanese, quite the reverse, they just aren't big footy fans.

Still, if you're absolutely sure they won't ever try to move us, go for it. At least I'll get to see my boys more during the forthcoming Golden Era, when Collingwood once again becomes a team to be feared, week in- week out. at all grounds, in all conditions, against all comers. That's why they hated us so much, because they knew there were no easy games, and even more so at Vic Park. There you would have to work like madmen against team, supporters, and conditions for a hundred minutes to even be in the hunt for the four points. And even then you were more likely to go home bloody, muddy, bruised & empty-handed. We made a trip to the magpies nest as unpleasant as possible. Only Collingwood supporters looked forward to it, everyone else hated it.

These blokes we've got right now look as good as any magpie side I've seen, they play for each other and there isn't a primadonna among them. They've shown the world that once again there's no such thing as an easy Collingwood game. There won't be any 'over by half-time' games no matter who you think you are. They will fight you all the way to the siren. And then some. Maybe they'll bring home a jug or two or five, maybe they won't. But they'll be in it until the end 'coz they aren't ready to stop playing at the end of August.

That's what I want from a Magpie side.

And you have to take a good deal of the credit for that Ed, as do Mick, the coaching team, and a very savvy recruiting department.

So as long as the Magpies stay in Melbourne we'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But keep in touch, eh?

PS: Do you really read this stuff every day? I don't, and I'm just an artist, not President of ...welll ...almost everything!

Cheers,

Floreat Pica

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:48 am

Great post 35forever, the exciting times that we have been bleeding for are finally upon us, now lets hope injuries dont hold us back and we can live to our full potential.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:54 am

stui magpie wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Ed and what he's done with the club. I just find the spontaneous ejaculation over him posting a little much to cope with.

I don't mind the thankyous, I just think it is tad pathetic when some people have a whinge about everything, but the second Ed turns up they go all ga ga, and suddenly change their stance.
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:14 am

Joel wrote:

I don't mind the thankyous, I just think it is tad pathetic when some people have a whinge about everything, but the second Ed turns up they go all ga ga, and suddenly change their stance.

no a truer words spoken joel. it's bloody funny. all of a sudden, "yes eddie, no eddie, three bags full eddie" from those who bag the tripe out of him on here regularly.

Jason Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:14 am

Joel wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Ed and what he's done with the club. I just find the spontaneous ejaculation over him posting a little much to cope with.

Just shows how good a leader Eddie is. But also some people need to have some points clarified for them by a knowledgeable figure - how can you argue with the host of multi-millionaire??
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:15 pm

Quote:
no a truer words spoken joel. it's bloody funny. all of a sudden, "yes eddie, no eddie, three bags full eddie" from those who bag the tripe out of him on here regularly.

So obviously you've got examples of where the 'asskissers' have ripped into Eddie, have you?

And by the way, I think the man himself would tell you that the Club President is not above criticism from club members. Wouldn't you agree?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
the president Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:13 pm

Guys, don't worry about who says what and who doesn't. We all get a bit hot under the collar when we have a loss. Ever seen me walking into the rooms? I want to sack everyone, kick the door in, etc etc. Then you calm down and work out how we go forward in a positive manner.

Same for the board and the administration.

Can't get it right all the time, or with the speed that we all want. There are things we are working on that I had in my head the day I became president.

That's why the job is never finished.

More than happy to answer questions with the caveat that sometimes I just can't give answer or details for strategic reasons.

Not looking for cheer squads or to get my head kicked in just good ideas and positive criticism.

And I do read these pages most days. My wife says I need to get another job!!!

Eddie.
member34258 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:19 pm

Ed, have you been on the phone to Kev re: republic?

Time is right.
xtcc 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:19 pm

^ Does Rocca smoke cigarettes ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11   

Jump to: