Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

From the president

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for you.
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:30 pm

^ Laughing very clever Tess...
The Prince of Fullbacks Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:44 pm

the president wrote:
Guys, don't worry about who says what and who doesn't. We all get a bit hot under the collar when we have a loss. Ever seen me walking into the rooms? I want to sack everyone, kick the door in, etc etc. Then you calm down and work out how we go forward in a positive manner.

Same for the board and the administration.

Can't get it right all the time, or with the speed that we all want. There are things we are working on that I had in my head the day I became president.

That's why the job is never finished.

More than happy to answer questions with the caveat that sometimes I just can't give answer or details for strategic reasons.

Not looking for cheer squads or to get my head kicked in just good ideas and positive criticism.

And I do read these pages most days. My wife says I need to get another job!!!

Eddie.

Ed,

We all say things we regret or are said in the heat of the moment. That's part of the passion for our great club.

I remember you saying before you took over as President that you stood in the outer & thought the Army had lost its faith or words to that effect. I thought the same thing, even going so far as, is it saveable?

You & the people you have appointed have turned this club around. You are building us a list that can takes to the Holy Grail (s). You are doing the smart things by using our capital to get players like Clarke & Dyas, the NSW Scholarship scheme, full time recruiters in WA & I'm sure we'll see S.Africa Rookies soon.

I've been a member for 18 yrs, my father was a member for 30 odd(in those days you had to stand in front of guys like "Nuts" & say why the club should have you as a member) , I was taken to the footy at 18 months old in a B&W pram with B&W streamers. Gee, our garage door was painted B&W.

I love this club & I'm extremely happy with your leadership!

Floreat "effin" Pica.

P.S: As a lasting legacy could you get Paul Stoddart to build a TD at VP. LOL

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:51 pm

The Prince of Fullbacks wrote:
the president wrote:
Guys, don't worry about who says what and who doesn't. We all get a bit hot under the collar when we have a loss. Ever seen me walking into the rooms? I want to sack everyone, kick the door in, etc etc. Then you calm down and work out how we go forward in a positive manner.

Same for the board and the administration.

Can't get it right all the time, or with the speed that we all want. There are things we are working on that I had in my head the day I became president.

That's why the job is never finished.

More than happy to answer questions with the caveat that sometimes I just can't give answer or details for strategic reasons.

Not looking for cheer squads or to get my head kicked in just good ideas and positive criticism.

And I do read these pages most days. My wife says I need to get another job!!!

Eddie.

Ed,

We all say things we regret or are said in the heat of the moment. That's part of the passion for our great club.

I remember you saying before you took over as President that you stood in the outer & thought the Army had lost its faith or words to that effect. I thought the same thing, even going so far as, is it saveable?

You & the people you have appointed have turned this club around. You are building us a list that can takes to the Holy Grail (s). You are doing the smart things by using our capital to get players like Clarke & Dyas, the NSW Scholarship scheme, full time recruiters in WA & I'm sure we'll see S.Africa Rookies soon.

I've been a member for 18 yrs, my father was a member for 30 odd(in those days you had to stand in front of guys like "Nuts" & say why the club should have you as a member) , I was taken to the footy at 18 months old in a B&W pram with B&W streamers. Gee, our garage door was painted B&W.

I love this club & I'm extremely happy with your leadership!

Floreat "effin" Pica.

POFB, what an absolute fantastic idea, come on Paul, lets do this!

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:28 pm

The Prince of Fullbacks wrote:

I will lay the first brick! and then the next 100,000 for nothing.
Just get me a permit from Yarra City Ed and I am away. Wink

Duplex the Ryder and connect it to a duplexed Rush. New three level Social Club on the corner of Lulie and Turner with walking bridge access to VP Station. Plastic buckets all round. Extend Bob Rose covered seating and add two more levels for Legends and Captains members. Ground capacity 60,000. Just a lazy $400m will do the job and don't forget I am laying the bricks for free. Wink

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:00 am

~Madness~ wrote:
Joel wrote:

I don't mind the thankyous, I just think it is tad pathetic when some people have a whinge about everything, but the second Ed turns up they go all ga ga, and suddenly change their stance.

no a truer words spoken joel. it's bloody funny. all of a sudden, "yes eddie, no eddie, three bags full eddie" from those who bag the tripe out of him on here regularly.

and then they lack the courage to post their abuse in public and would rather pm their tripe to you.
Those of you that think that turning up to the footy 6 months of the year outwieghts the the work that people put in down the club are just plain delusional, some people spend hundreds of hours a month supporting Our Club off their own back, no thanks or asked, no cash just out of their own passion but somehow that means less than just turning upto a game where the hardest thing you have to do is fit your fat arse in the seat.
if you softcocks have something to say to me then do it in public or keep it to yourselves.

Usurper 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:29 am

Bit late to the party, been away this week - but my 2c worth.

I have no problem playing all our away games on the same ground, on our terms, and getting paid to do so. Home away from home suits me fine.

Either way, it will be beneficial, Im sure.

I do wonder over the Port Adelaide black and white uniform allowance though......Assume it was the lesser of two evils in some way... They got theirs this year though, bloody imposters.

All the best Eddie.
kambarker 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:43 pm
Post subject: Thank You Misty Warren at the CLubReply with quote

kambarker wrote:
Hi Ed,

Thanks for the response and the sense......................we are very lucky to have such a credible President.........
I know that you only think Collingwood 1st and foremost and plans that you and the board are considering for the future will be in the Clubs best interest!!
I have emailed the Club today.....about the purchase of 30 Football caps , I want to send to an orphange in Namibia. I hope that the Club can help out, in a discount way.................it will spread the name of Collingwood on the African continent.

www.khorixasnamibia.com/sunrise.htm

Thanks Ed,
Bring on 2008

Floreat Pica.

The web page about the orphans.

Will be good to see the photo with their Caps on next year>

Brewer's Droop Virgo

HIC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:29 pm

Tess wrote:
if we do pull of this away games at Carrera

CAAS 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:24 pm

the president wrote:
My wife says I need to get another job!!!

Eddie.

I got a job for ya Ed, Export Co-ordinator at Dicks Company. I'd be your boss. Close to your former home too and even better, you get to take $$ from a carlton person. Smile

we are the loyalist, football supporters
the world has ever had.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:46 pm
Post subject: Re: Thank You Misty Warren at the CLubReply with quote

kambarker wrote:
kambarker wrote:
Hi Ed,

Thanks for the response and the sense......................we are very lucky to have such a credible President.........
I know that you only think Collingwood 1st and foremost and plans that you and the board are considering for the future will be in the Clubs best interest!!
I have emailed the Club today.....about the purchase of 30 Football caps , I want to send to an orphange in Namibia. I hope that the Club can help out, in a discount way.................it will spread the name of Collingwood on the African continent.

Thanks Ed,
Bring on 2008

Floreat Pica.

Don't want to be a wet blanket, and while it's kind of a nice gesture, surely Namibian orphans are more in need of food and blankets than football caps?

Having said that, I haven't contributed much to Namibian orphans recently... and once again don't take this the wrong way. I just wonder if there's better ways of doing it.

Perhaps a few footballs would be more appropriate?

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:35 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Reckon Ed should post a picture of his butt or would that cause issues at the emergency ward from people headbutting monitors trying to kiss it.

I hope he has a good chapstick.

Forget Queensland, play at KGV Oval....Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
kambarker 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:08 am
Post subject: Re: Thank You Misty Warren at the CLubReply with quote

David wrote:
kambarker wrote:
kambarker wrote:
Hi Ed,

Thanks Ed,
Bring on 2008

Floreat Pica.

Don't want to be a wet blanket, and while it's kind of a nice gesture, surely Namibian orphans are more in need of food and blankets than football caps?

Having said that, I haven't contributed much to Namibian orphans recently... and once again don't take this the wrong way. I just wonder if there's better ways of doing it.

Perhaps a few footballs would be more appropriate?

WE have organized blankets,food, exercise books, pens, colouring books, story books,towels, soap, toys,games and money........all to be stuffed into the Xmas sacks that we have made.

The footy caps and trinkets from the football club are just the icing on the cake. The kids love baseball caps. Ours they will love also.
Oh, and I personally bought some footballs!!

member34258 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:11 am

Quote:

You should have gone to the AFL themselves.
After recent events the appear to have plenty of cash to splash, I'm sure they could have supplied footballs to encourage the expansion of the game.
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:50 am

member34258 wrote:
Quote:

You should have gone to the AFL themselves.
After recent events the appear to have plenty of cash to splash, I'm sure they could have supplied footballs to encourage the expansion of the game.

Surely the afl would have to form a sub-committee to discuss the proposal, have a lunch or two to talk it over.................

great work Kam, bring back some photos Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11   

Jump to: