Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie steps in it, again!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve86 wrote:
"It was unintentional, I’m a responsible and experienced broadcaster. I was tired this morning… Bad luck."

lol I love eddie honestly. ASIF he is standing down geezus

OUR Eddie aint the sharpest tool in the shed. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
magpie1111 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:21 pm

Goodes should change his name too Stephen milne see how likes being called the rapist every week finally I have respect for milne he never complains
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:26 pm

Carro wrote:
stoliboy wrote:
From Harry O'Brien
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rkhm62

It doesn't matter if you are a school teacher, a doctor or even the president of my football club I will not tolerate racism, nor should we as a society. Im extremely disappointed with Eddie's comments and do not care what position he holds, I disagree with what came out his mouth this morning on radio. To me Eddie's comments are reflective of common attitudes that we as a society face. To me Australia is very casual with racism, I would argue that many people in this country would not think what Eddie or the 13yr old girl said last friday is 'bad'. In my opinion race relations in this country is systematically a national disgrace and we have a long way to go to reach a more harmonious and empathetic society.

Cry me a river you goose!

Perhaps its time Harry joined the UN, he seems to want to save the world more these days anyway. Rolling Eyes Idea

leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:27 pm

Thank god people have never heard me call my BLACK puppy a 'naughty little monkey'.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:32 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
stoliboy wrote:
From Harry O'Brien
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rkhm62

It doesn't matter if you are a school teacher, a doctor or even the president of my football club I will not tolerate racism, nor should we as a society. Im extremely disappointed with Eddie's comments and do not care what position he holds, I disagree with what came out his mouth this morning on radio. To me Eddie's comments are reflective of common attitudes that we as a society face. To me Australia is very casual with racism, I would argue that many people in this country would not think what Eddie or the 13yr old girl said last friday is 'bad'. In my opinion race relations in this country is systematically a national disgrace and we have a long way to go to reach a more harmonious and empathetic society.

Is he calling for Eddie to step down?

Memo to Harry and all the other bleeding hearts. I believe there are quite a few boats in storage up Darwin way that you could borrow to leave this country if you choose. Razz

Just one question though, is it the putrid state of the Gillard government or what, but is the national mood just about as bad as it has ever been in Australia? We are a bit like America under Jimmy Carter longingly waiting for a Ronald Reagan to lift our national spirits. Roll on the September Revolution.

WITH due respect Jack, abbott aint no Ronald Reagan, hes not even up to Nixons standard. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:45 pm

[quote="Steve86"]"It was unintentional, I’m a responsible and experienced broadcaster. I was tired this morning… Bad luck."

I'm responsible too, only a bit racist when I have a few drinks.

I'm responsible too, only a bit racist when at stress at work.

I'm responsible too, only a bit racist when I'm tired.

No excuses Ed. You messed up in the worst possible way given all the stuff that's happened this week.

robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:53 pm

A 'well worded' comment by Daniel Wells. "He did a fair bit of work after that incident with Adam (Goodes) last week - to his credit he came down and handled it really well - but to make a silly comment like that, a little bit tongue in cheek, hopefully it doesn't undo all the work he's done in the past," Wells said. "It just goes to show that tongue in cheek or anything (related to racial stereotypes) you're sort of treading on thin ice . . . you've just got to be careful."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/swans-bewildered-by-mcguires-gaffe-20130529-2napr.html
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:57 pm

I must have missed the email from CollingwoodFC about it being bag Adam Goodes week.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:07 pm

Oh dear! Back to square 1.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:08 pm

E wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
OH Dear, if eddie had half a brain, itd be lonely. Having said that, its just a foot n gob moment, and theres no way its racist.

I am really over indigenous round.

another Sergio Garcia moment, this time from Eddie Everywhere. Seems like even Eddie is a little bit racist deep down in his own way (reminds me of a broadway musical - $10 to the person who can pick the line). Sadly, it came out today. Its not funny and it wasn't an accident......

And while we are at it, I really hate people telling us to move on about hthings they said that they are uncomfortable about. We'll tell you when we are ready to move on Eddie if you don't mind.

A Broady musical perhaps Smile

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:08 pm

Every idiot out there is going label all of us as racist now.

Stupid Eddie!
Beast 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:10 pm

Quote:
AFL says that on-air comments by Collingwood President Eddie McGuire are now being dealt with under Rule 30 of the AFL Player

Mr McGuire, as a club president, must go through the Racial and Religious Vilification Policy process required by the AFL Player Rules.

In the coming days, the AFL will meet with Mr McGuire to implement the next steps under the AFL Racial and Religious Vilification Policy.

https://twitter.com/AFL_PKeane

This is hilarious.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:13 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
Every idiot out there is going label all of us as racist now.

Stupid Eddie!

not just every idiot

Every ONE is.

Troppo 

standing on VB tins in the outer at Vic Park

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:14 pm

Could it perhaps be the case that Edward, when he's tired and emotional (not to mention Brahms & Liszt) reverts to the learned experience of his Broadmeadows heritage?

Not wanting to stir the working class roots of no doubt a now reformed suburban environment, but Broady boys and their 'ladies' were never averse to calling a spade a f***ing shovel and getting a dig in whenever they could.

Come to think of it, Toorak's not much different, eh, Edward?

Rayza 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:14 pm

Probably not as bad as the McAlister comment but will have a bigger impact on the rest of the communities perception of Collingwood
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 8 of 22   

Jump to: