Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie steps in it, again!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, you've got it all wrong!

You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for yourselves! You're ALL individuals!

Yes! We're all individuals!

You're all different!

Yes, we ARE all different!

I'm not...

Sssh!

You've all got to work it out for yourselves.

Yes! We've got to work it out for ourselves!

Exactly!

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:59 pm

^ you're saying we're all sheeple?
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:11 am

McMonkey wrote:
Collingwood will get through this.

Ed didn't help the storm in a tea cup die the quick death it deserved though.

I was having a chat to a fellow Collingwood supporter at work, I don't know the bloke that well but I said, everyone is pretty sensitive about this so I don't want to offend you, but I think Goodes overreacted and this was a beat up.

I said something like I've been called a <SNIP> thousands of times, you move on, the easy option is to be a sook and show weakness. If people really are being racist (and trust me you can tell) the jokes on them, it speaks about their ignorance, you have set yourself free from such petty distractions in life. He said listen my wife is Japanese, my kids are half Japanese, I call them my little monkeys all the time!

Which gets me onto something else 'casual racism', what the hell is this crap? Is it when I'm at the pub and one of my mates says, 'hey wogboy, you want a beer' or when Ive said to an Asian mate when he won a meat tray 'make sure you pick the one with the peking duck'?

Ive been paying attention more this week, another person at work walked past and said ' hey when are you going to be on underbelly 3?'

My experience with racism is that its part in the words, part of it in the eye of the beholder. In other words you have a choice. If I wanted to be a drama queen I could of reflected that the bloke making the underbelly comment was implying that because I am Sicilian all my family and I are criminals and chose to be offended, I could of reported him to HR if I really wanted to. - To hell with that, he is a good bloke and knows a lot about horse racing!

It wasn't always this way, when I was a young kid it really hurt but you learn to HTFU! - at least by the time you get to an age of a certain footballer.

I also cant stand this baloney that only people of certain races and cultures have a monopoly on being offended. Now it's OK to make all sorts of comments about Catholics, fat people, red heads, hairy men, the list goes on but they cant be offended because it doesn't have generational pain? - get your hand off it. No one group of people own the feeling of being offended.

What we are are talking about here, with the young girl and Ed, is silly name calling, not racism. Racism is taking land and children based on race, not this.

If Adam Goodes continues to carry around his victim attitude and keeps taking the cry baby option he will die an unhappy man. I am so furious with him and his self importance, I am very happy about knowing what a mentally feeble nob he is.

Get over yourself Adam, your are not a delicate and unique snowflake!

PS If your opinions are completely different to mine, I still love you, because you follow the PIES!

Great post mate. Same sort of sentiment my post have had.
Museman 

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:50 am

Beast wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
King Malta wrote:
Agree with the above post.

DTM is allowed to have an opinion, not only should people respect that, but some of the insults being thrown at him have been absolutely disgusting to be honest.

I don't always agree with you Dave, but I can tell you love your pies, and you don't deserve the bullshit you cop around this place sometimes.

Thanks for the Support Mate. I agree we don't have to all Agree and we all have rights to say if we think people opinions is right as wrong as long as you don't have a go at the Poster

Dave, I apologise if I've upset you, it really wasn't my intention.
Just trying to look after you in my peculiar way.

And just to lighten the atmosphere lets all have a chuckle at this Laughing

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SYDNEY-SWANS-24CM-MONKEY-W-SCARF-BEANIE-TOY-AFL-/150904648519

Holly shitballs, will skids be calling another presser in the morning?

Will vlad have to step down.. it starts at the top you know!
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:31 am

Dave The Man wrote:
King Malta wrote:
Agree with the above post.

DTM is allowed to have an opinion, not only should people respect that, but some of the insults being thrown at him have been absolutely disgusting to be honest.

I don't always agree with you Dave, but I can tell you love your pies, and you don't deserve the bullshit you cop around this place sometimes.

Thanks for the Support Mate. I agree we don't have to all Agree and we all have rights to say if we think people opinions is right as wrong as long as you don't have a go at the Poster

I think you're pretty right there Dave, unless the posters are Jack Spain or Hiss, in which case we are fully entitled to sink the boots in.

Rather than Ed and Bucks being forced out, isn't it time we severed our ties with these two hopeless, boring, knuckle-dragging neanderthals?

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:55 am

Martin Flanagan - the voice of reason and sanity - two qualities sadly gone missing in today's media:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/contemplate-the-works-of-a-man-not-the-madness-20130530-2nf2t.html

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:16 am

oh oh..... Carowhine Wilson has now had her say......

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/face-it-eddie-is-one-of-the-afls-untouchables-20130530-2neya.html

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:31 am

Proud Pies wrote:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/face-it-eddie-is-one-of-the-afls-untouchables-20130530-2neya.html

This is already being discussed on another thread: Media Reaction

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:11 am

Greening gold wrote:
Martin Flanagan - the voice of reason and sanity - two qualities sadly gone missing in today's media:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/contemplate-the-works-of-a-man-not-the-madness-20130530-2nf2t.html

Screw what caro says, this is a great article, thank you for sharing

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:31 am

Friends mum was listening to the news on the radio this morning, they reported that collingwood will play Brisbane this evening, then put on an add for king kong the musical.

Do you laugh or cry

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:47 am

Greening gold wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:

This is already being discussed on another thread: Media Reaction

doesn't hurt to have it in both threads, just like the martin flanagan one Smile but thanks for pointing it out. I know I point it out all the time

At 3.30am this morning when I was having my hypo I didn't see the other thread.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:57 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Just tell me one thing DTM, why do you dislike Eddie so much? What harm has he done you. I am genuinely interested to know.

I think what he did was Terrible what he did and I think he stuffed up the MM and Bucks thing

So one slip of the tongue wipes out all the good that Eddie has done for our club and the years of effort that Eddie has made for our benefit.

Have you ever said anything or behaved in a manner that you have regretted later. In these circumstances do you have an expectation that your family, friends and associates will show some level of understanding and support for you. Or, should they use the opportunity to undermine and humiliate you further.

The decision to move MM on was made when MM was flat and prior to him having won the flag. Unfortunately Eddie didn't have a crystal ball handy so that he could see the future. The contracts were signed and there was no going back.

As for Buckley, only time will tell what sort of coach he will develope into. MM was a great coach and gave us a premiership but it took him 10 years to get there. There are a lot of "ifs" and "buts" if you truly analyse the results and possibilities. Few AFL couches have this tenure and hence this opportunity.

Pete 70 

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:02 pm

Well it was only a matter of time before the old man took a swing - thanks champ lets keep the story going - the bloke only supported you for 9 fruitless years
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:08 pm

Greening gold wrote:

Good article although it was a bit short. Thanks for posting.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:11 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
die4pies wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Ed got the Okay from the Board. That is no Surprise as they are Ed's mates

Unlike you they are not a bunch of gullible naive people DTM..... Rolling Eyes

They did the right thing by Eddie as all reasonable people will except for the stupid bloody Eddie haters and bashers among the media, here at Nick's and in society.

Dont know WTF is wrong with you lately Dave. You have gone from being a great positive and passionate Collingwood poster to a silly clown resembling Spain.. Crying or Very sad

Unlike the board DTM didn't piss $20m of member's money up against the wall on two dud property investments.

Would a board of directors hand picked by Ed kick him out? Unlikely

My GUT feeling is that ed could well walk at seasons end, when all this hoo ha, has died down and gone. He has done 13 years, maybe hes nearly burned out, which explains his silly gaffe. He could step aside on his own free will, but still remain in the loop by being a Board member. I would not be at all surprised if he calls it quits at seasons end. Exclamation

If your gut feeling is right, so be it Piesnchess. However I do hope he anoints a similar person of his ilk to lead the club in the future, otherwise we might end up with another bloody fool like Ern Clarke who was a total disaster as President..... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22   

Jump to: