Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie steps in it, again!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I care about a zillion things more than what Harry O'Brien thinks.
#SIDEBYSIDE
E 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:33 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
OH Dear, if eddie had half a brain, itd be lonely. Having said that, its just a foot n gob moment, and theres no way its racist.

I am really over indigenous round.

another Sergio Garcia moment, this time from Eddie Everywhere. Seems like even Eddie is a little bit racist deep down in his own way (reminds me of a broadway musical - $10 to the person who can pick the line). Sadly, it came out today. Its not funny and it wasn't an accident......

And while we are at it, I really hate people telling us to move on about hthings they said that they are uncomfortable about. We'll tell you when we are ready to move on Eddie if you don't mind.

E 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:35 pm

King Malta wrote:
It was a silly comment, made with no malice to be honest.

I can see what he was getting at, in regards to someone taking an opportunity to get a little publicity out of an incident that happened, but I don't think you'd find that happening in this sort of situation.

It came out wrong, he clarified what he meant, and that's it.

I would agree with that if eddie didn't pick King Kong as the movie. This is a very strong indictment of eddie. Shows he might have been a little insincere when he raced into the clubrooms. Some publicity perhaps eddie or are your feelings genuine.

I was the first to praise Eddie when he did it last Friday night. This comment puts it into some context and i'm left wondering if maybe I gave eddie too much credit.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:41 pm

mandy wrote:

Ain't that the truth. Another opportunity for some to take the moral high-ground, be totally outraged and achieve their 15 minutes of fame.

Eddie put his foot in his mouth. He has apologise. End of storey. Move on.

E 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:44 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
stoliboy wrote:
From Harry O'Brien
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rkhm62

It doesn't matter if you are a school teacher, a doctor or even the president of my football club I will not tolerate racism, nor should we as a society. Im extremely disappointed with Eddie's comments and do not care what position he holds, I disagree with what came out his mouth this morning on radio. To me Eddie's comments are reflective of common attitudes that we as a society face. To me Australia is very casual with racism, I would argue that many people in this country would not think what Eddie or the 13yr old girl said last friday is 'bad'. In my opinion race relations in this country is systematically a national disgrace and we have a long way to go to reach a more harmonious and empathetic society.

Is he calling for Eddie to step down?

No. He is stating his opinion that Eddie said the wrong thing (and I believe he is also having a go at people who are too ignorant to see how these types of so called "slips of the tongue" underlie a racist mentality. Good on you Harry. Standing up to the president of your footy club is brave and deserves credit.

I trust Eddie will be man enough to apologize (rather than claiming "I was tired ... move on". Even Sergio knew when he stepped over the line and immediately apologized.

Eddie, here is your Sergio moment. Its your call pal.

I

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:45 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Steve86 wrote:
lol anything is racism, these little princesses will cry over anything. next.

Might not be but people will take it as Racist and I am one that is did sound like it to me Espically what happend after Friday Night and the Girl

And you are such a balanced individual who always says and does the right thing and is perceived accordingly. Is that correct?

E 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:45 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
mandy wrote:

Ain't that the truth. Another opportunity for some to take the moral high-ground, be totally outraged and achieve their 15 minutes of fame.

I didn't hear him apologize. I heard him tell us he was tired and we should move on! If that's an apology, then Dane Swan had a best on ground game on the weekend.....

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:46 pm

Leigh Sales has asked Harry to go on the 7:30pm Report tonight.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:48 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
mandy wrote:

+1 to both of you.
DT56 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:50 pm

ohh boy ... if it's Collingwood it makes news

The sooner the indigenous population learns to take the piss (like the rest of the country does) the better

end of story
E 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:51 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Steve86 wrote:
lol anything is racism, these little princesses will cry over anything. next.

Might not be but people will take it as Racist and I am one that is did sound like it to me Espically what happend after Friday Night and the Girl

And you are such a balanced individual who always says and does the right thing and is perceived accordingly. Is that correct?

I have put my foot in it more times than anyone on this site. Of that I am sure. It is my position in life to be the aggressor and I often cross the line.

I don't believe in "let he who has not sinned cast the first stone" because that would mean no one could identify errors.

I actually think, a comment made in jest without thinking (that shows an indifference to race), is actually more hurtful than someone yelling a racial slur intending it to be racist because they are angry. This is why Goodes was so hurt. It is when race and differences are so ingrained in our conscience that we don't even realize we are doing it that says a lot about ourselves.

I know a lot of people who have called me a [snip] back in the day as way to try to get under my skin. That is much easier to cope with than the comment that is subtle and hurtful without the person intending it to be because that is how they actually feel.

An apology is a good way to show you know you made a mistake. An unreserved apology that you mean.

I was tired and lets move on is not such an apology.

Try again Eddie.

Carro 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:53 pm

stoliboy wrote:
From Harry O'Brien

It doesn't matter if you are a school teacher, a doctor or even the president of my football club I will not tolerate racism, nor should we as a society. Im extremely disappointed with Eddie's comments and do not care what position he holds, I disagree with what came out his mouth this morning on radio. To me Eddie's comments are reflective of common attitudes that we as a society face. To me Australia is very casual with racism, I would argue that many people in this country would not think what Eddie or the 13yr old girl said last friday is 'bad'. In my opinion race relations in this country is systematically a national disgrace and we have a long way to go to reach a more harmonious and empathetic society.

Cry me a river you goose!
Frohickey 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:55 pm

What about Sydney spending all of that $900,000 the AFL gave them on a white guy.. blatant racism
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:56 pm

DT56 wrote:
ohh boy ... if it's Collingwood it makes news

The sooner the indigenous population learns to take the piss (like the rest of the country does) the better

end of story

Mate I agree. I could tell you some stories about racism that my old man copped when he was younger, but he laughed it off and moved on. Maybe us wogs have thicker skin. Better not say to much I might get attacked by the self loathing Anglo brigade that resides on nicks, you know the ones I'm talking about.
E 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:56 pm

Carro wrote:
stoliboy wrote:
From Harry O'Brien

Cry me a river you goose!

your contribution to society is epic! your parents must be proud of you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 3 of 22   

Jump to: