Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie steps in it, again!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong DTM but you have become very anti Eddie lately. I don't ever recall you being so against him before dude. You even wanted him sacked after the Freo game FGS!! That was a silly comment dude. Rolling Eyes

DTM, you wouldnt probably have a Collingwood Footy Club to barrack for if not for Eddie saving the club from a bloody terrible financial situation mate. Read the history of what was happening to us before Eddie came in as President. Educate yourself about Collingwood DTM, like you do so well with new AFL bound draft kids. It will do you good mate. You can become a respected poster again. Laughing

Eddie has done a Fantastic Job up to 2010 but his last few seasons have not been as good and as die4pies said he did not piss money away on Pubs.

Done a Great Job

Love your posts DTM but its very obvious that you didnt bother to even fully read my reply to you dude. You then got distracted by a divergent comment from die4pies... Rolling Eyes

I wrote: "you wouldnt probably have a Collingwood Footy Club to barrack for if not for Eddie saving the club from a bloody terrible financial situation mate."
So your point about the unfortunate pub deal was a moot one...... Rolling Eyes

And I dont need unsolicited posts to advise me how to talk to you DTM, I treat you as I have treated every other poster since 2003 without any fear or favour.
buzzlightyear 

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:33 pm

My contacts have indicated to me that in the next Collingwood & Westpac meeting (in approximately 2 weeks), the bank will raise the issue of "reputational" risk, given this weeks events.

There have been a couple of examples of large net worth individuals moving all their business away from Westpac in the last 2 days, citing Eddie & this weeks events, as the catalyst.

From what I hear, I can't say there is a push from Westpac for Ed to resign, but there is definite consternation. Would be an interesting meeting to attend.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:33 pm

Pete 70 wrote:
Well it was only a matter of time before the old man took a swing - thanks champ lets keep the story going - the bloke only supported you for 9 fruitless years

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/malthouse-shocked-at-mcguires-comments-20130531-2ng7f.html

Something nobody ever asks  and the journalist in this case didn't bother to report is how were these comments delivered? Did Malthouse hold a press conference? Call up a talkback radio station? Or was he asked for his thoughts?

As the latter is by far the most likely situation, I don't see why you would automatically interpret this as having a dig when he was merely providing his honest view on the situation, undoubtedly at some journalist' request. Yes, perhaps he could have gone into bat for Eddie a little, but he's not obligated to.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:36 pm

buzzlightyear wrote:
My contacts have indicated to me that in the next Collingwood & Westpac meeting (in approximately 2 weeks), the bank will raise the issue of "reputational" risk, given this weeks events.

There have been a couple of examples of large net worth individuals moving all their business away from Westpac in the last 2 days, citing Eddie & this weeks events, as the catalyst.

From what I hear, I can't say there is a push from Westpac for Ed to resign, but there is definite consternation. Would be an interesting meeting to attend.

And this is where the whole thing just becomes a total circus. Those who quit Westpac over this are probably just opportunistic scum looking for a good excuse to cut ties.

Dude said the wrong thing, sincerely apologised, got roundly humiliated and is now doing the requisite education programme or whatever. Move. On.

buzzlightyear 

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:42 pm

David, agree.

I find it amusing that a bank throws "reputational" risk around. They (ie banks) generally aren't model corporate citizens.

The reality of these people moving their business, is probably far more nuanced than simply what Eddie said, but it shows the level of nervousness the bank has for this issue.

Apparently, there is some additional leverage that WBC has, because, from what I have been told, they have prepaid their sponsorship and apparently have the opportunity to recall funds and the deal in circumstances like these!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:42 pm

Pete 70 wrote:
Well it was only a matter of time before the old man took a swing - thanks champ lets keep the story going - the bloke only supported you for 9 fruitless years

Everyone is shocked about this, why wouldn't Malthouse be shocked?

Eddie apologised (initally a bit clumsily) but he got it right.

As David noted Malthouse was having his club presser when he was asked.

He didn't make a separate presser just to slam Eddie (his daughters can do that!!)

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:58 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
die4pies wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Ed got the Okay from the Board. That is no Surprise as they are Ed's mates

Unlike you they are not a bunch of gullible naive people DTM..... Rolling Eyes

They did the right thing by Eddie as all reasonable people will except for the stupid bloody Eddie haters and bashers among the media, here at Nick's and in society.

Dont know WTF is wrong with you lately Dave. You have gone from being a great positive and passionate Collingwood poster to a silly clown resembling Spain.. Crying or Very sad

Unlike the board DTM didn't piss $20m of member's money up against the wall on two dud property investments.

Would a board of directors hand picked by Ed kick him out? Unlikely

Get over it die4pie. You and 1970 are rejoicing behind the scenes and now using every ploy possible to undermine Eddie further. Its a brave man who attacks his adversary at his weakest moment. Grow a set. You are better than this.

Couldnt agree more mate. Spot on. The not so hidden agendas and dog whistling here is worthy of Andrew Bolt.... Rolling Eyes

I shall email Eddie and ask him NEVER to lick the boots of those who kick him while he is down Evil or Very Mad

Eddie will come out of this much stronger, better and indeed wiser. A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him when he was down.... Cool
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:02 pm

think positive wrote:
Friends mum was listening to the news on the radio this morning, they reported that collingwood will play Brisbane this evening, then put on an add for king kong the musical.

Do you laugh or cry

I would laugh if they had a comment from "Mr Goodes two shoes" directly afterwards.... Razz Twisted Evil That would be very funny... Laughing
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:16 pm

David wrote:
Pete 70 wrote:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/malthouse-shocked-at-mcguires-comments-20130531-2ng7f.html

Something nobody ever asks  and the journalist in this case didn't bother to report is how were these comments delivered? Did Malthouse hold a press conference? Call up a talkback radio station? Or was he asked for his thoughts?

As the latter is by far the most likely situation, I don't see why you would automatically interpret this as having a dig when he was merely providing his honest view on the situation, undoubtedly at some journalist' request. Yes, perhaps he could have gone into bat for Eddie a little, but he's not obligated to.

Rolling Eyes Yeah, right on cue, I heard the miserable old coot on the car radio, taking a big swing at eddie. Bloody vengeful old fart, cannot get on with life, cannot accept that it was HE who walked out on eddie, the club, and broke a contract. Madhouse, you wont do anything of note with the Scum, it will end in misery baby, ala Pagan.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:18 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Just tell me one thing DTM, why do you dislike Eddie so much? What harm has he done you. I am genuinely interested to know.

I think what he did was Terrible what he did and I think he stuffed up the MM and Bucks thing

So one slip of the tongue wipes out all the good that Eddie has done for our club and the years of effort that Eddie has made for our benefit.

Have you ever said anything or behaved in a manner that you have regretted later. In these circumstances do you have an expectation that your family, friends and associates will show some level of understanding and support for you. Or, should they use the opportunity to undermine and humiliate you further.

The decision to move MM on was made when MM was flat and prior to him having won the flag. Unfortunately Eddie didn't have a crystal ball handy so that he could see the future. The contracts were signed and there was no going back.

As for Buckley, only time will tell what sort of coach he will develope into. MM was a great coach and gave us a premiership but it took him 10 years to get there. There are a lot of "ifs" and "buts" if you truly analyse the results and possibilities. Few AFL couches have this tenure and hence this opportunity.

Member you need to know that:

Not one member of the hack media has ever said the wrong thing or had a brain fart, not a single one.
Not one other AFL President or anyone at the AFL has ever done this either.
Not one of the posters here who attack Eddie relentlessly has ever said anything in their sorry lives that they regret.
Not once has Mr Goodes two shoes or any of his indigenous mates ever heard a racist comment emitted from one of their own folks directed at anyone else or if they did, made as big a deal out of it.
Not one person has had the balls to show the same kind of leadership Eddie showed last Friday night when the issue regarding the little girl blew up.
Not one person outside Collingwood (or even among our Eddie bashers here) has been totally fair with their assessment of what actually happened.
Not one person has been able to rise above the sad old cutting a tall poppy down syndrome.

Eddie should yield to none and show the usual courage that he shows.

The other pack of contagious finger pointing hypocrites should go to hell... Mad Evil or Very Mad

Long term Posters like us will continue to barrack hard for Collingwood as always and stick together side by side as we loyalists tend to do.

Larry de Silva
Bendigo
Yes a dark skinned poster

Last edited by Lazza on Fri May 31, 2013 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:23 pm

Who was it that called Milne "a bloody rapist" and then lied his arse off about it? Please remind me Piesnchess.... Rolling Eyes At least Eddie did not run away from the truth like a scared little sheep.

Geez mate, the blatant double standards set this week by numerous damn hypocrites have hit a brand new record.... Crying or Very sad
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:31 pm

Lazza wrote:
Who was it that called Milne "a bloody rapist" and then lied his arse off about it? Please remind me Piesnchess.... Rolling Eyes At least Eddie did not run away from the truth like a scared little sheep.

Geez mate, the blatant double standards set this week by numerous damn hypocrites have hit a brand new record.... Crying or Very sad

Not a huge Facebook fan but this needs a like button, couldn't agree more Lazza

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:57 pm

Lazza wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Just tell me one thing DTM, why do you dislike Eddie so much? What harm has he done you. I am genuinely interested to know.

I think what he did was Terrible what he did and I think he stuffed up the MM and Bucks thing

So one slip of the tongue wipes out all the good that Eddie has done for our club and the years of effort that Eddie has made for our benefit.

Have you ever said anything or behaved in a manner that you have regretted later. In these circumstances do you have an expectation that your family, friends and associates will show some level of understanding and support for you. Or, should they use the opportunity to undermine and humiliate you further.

The decision to move MM on was made when MM was flat and prior to him having won the flag. Unfortunately Eddie didn't have a crystal ball handy so that he could see the future. The contracts were signed and there was no going back.

As for Buckley, only time will tell what sort of coach he will develope into. MM was a great coach and gave us a premiership but it took him 10 years to get there. There are a lot of "ifs" and "buts" if you truly analyse the results and possibilities. Few AFL couches have this tenure and hence this opportunity.

Not one member of the hack media has ever said the wrong thing or had a brain fart, not a single one.
Not one of the posters here who attack Eddie relentlessly has ever said anything in their sorry lives that they regret.
Not once has Mr Goodes two shoes or any of his indigenous mates ever heard a racist comment emitted from one of their own folks directed at anyone else or if they did, made as big a deal out of it.
Not one person has had the balls to show the same kind of leadership Eddie showed last Friday night when the issue regarding the little girl blew up.
Not one person outside Collingwood (or even among our Eddie bashers here) has been totally fair with their assessment of what actually happened.
Not one person has been able to rise above the sad old cutting a tall poppy down syndrome.

The other pack of contagious finger pointing hypocrites should go to hell... Mad Evil or Very Mad

Long term Posters like us will continue to barrack hard for Collingwood as always and stick together side by side as we loyalists tend to do.

Larry de Silva
Bendigo

Some good comments Lazza , where was the Dawks or Bulldogs president making their supporters apologise to Majak Daw????

www.facebook/the hybernators
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:05 pm

AGREED ! BUT, we are Collingwood, the Carringbush, and people love to shit in our faces at the first chance, and theres rules for some, rules for others. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piepower 

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:04 pm

Lazza wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

Larry de Silva
Bendigo

Well said mate. could not have been said any better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22   

Jump to: