Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie steps in it, again!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

schuey07 wrote:
DT56 wrote:
ohh boy ... if it's Collingwood it makes news

The sooner the indigenous population learns to take the piss (like the rest of the country does) the better

end of story

Mate I agree. I could tell you some stories about racism that my old man copped when he was younger, but he laughed it off and moved on. Maybe us wogs have thicker skin. Better not say to much I might get attacked by the self loathing Anglo brigade that resides on nicks, you know the ones I'm talking about.

My father also had thick skin. But guess what? Over time, he went from preferring the company of skips to preferring the company of wogs. He didn't even realize that he did it. I guess his thick skin just preferred to relax.

If you really did suffer from the whole [snip] thing, I cant believe you don't get it. Maybe you should try and find out how your dad really felt......

DT56 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:58 pm

schuey07 wrote:
DT56 wrote:

The sooner the indigenous population learns to take the piss (like the rest of the country does) the better

end of story

Mate I agree. I could tell you some stories about racism that my old man copped when he was younger, but he laughed it off and moved on. Maybe us wogs have thicker skin. Better not say to much I might get attacked by the self loathing Anglo brigade that resides on nicks, you know the ones I'm talking about.

Same mate .. unfortunately our thin skinned indigenous population have made this into a science ... I'm not PC, I'll tell it how it is ..
Carro 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:08 pm

E wrote:
Carro wrote:
stoliboy wrote:
From Harry O'Brien
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rkhm62

It doesn't matter if you are a school teacher, a doctor or even the president of my football club I will not tolerate racism, nor should we as a society. Im extremely disappointed with Eddie's comments and do not care what position he holds, I disagree with what came out his mouth this morning on radio. To me Eddie's comments are reflective of common attitudes that we as a society face. To me Australia is very casual with racism, I would argue that many people in this country would not think what Eddie or the 13yr old girl said last friday is 'bad'. In my opinion race relations in this country is systematically a national disgrace and we have a long way to go to reach a more harmonious and empathetic society.

Cry me a river you goose!

your contribution to society is epic! your parents must be proud of you.

If only you knew.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:09 pm

DT56 wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
DT56 wrote:

end of story

Same mate .. unfortunately our thin skinned indigenous population have made this into a science ... I'm not PC, I'll tell it how it is ..

Mate I'm the same, the ones that are going all crazy about a few words on nicks have that Anglo guilt. The guilt that comes from being descended from the people that perpetrated the crimes against the indigenous Australians and then were racists towards the ethnic people when they started migrating here in the 50s.

As I have said before I don't have this guilt bred into me therefore I feel no need to give a second look at the PC bulls&@t the others peddle on here, thinking they know what it's like to be affected by racism. To them is it a cause, to some of us we have lived it, but they know better than us because they can write nice persuasive arguments or so they think.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:12 pm

Did Eddie turn into McAlister this morning???

www.facebook/the hybernators
E 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:15 pm

Carro wrote:
E wrote:
Carro wrote:
stoliboy wrote:
From Harry O'Brien

It doesn't matter if you are a school teacher, a doctor or even the president of my football club I will not tolerate racism, nor should we as a society. Im extremely disappointed with Eddie's comments and do not care what position he holds, I disagree with what came out his mouth this morning on radio. To me Eddie's comments are reflective of common attitudes that we as a society face. To me Australia is very casual with racism, I would argue that many people in this country would not think what Eddie or the 13yr old girl said last friday is 'bad'. In my opinion race relations in this country is systematically a national disgrace and we have a long way to go to reach a more harmonious and empathetic society.

Cry me a river you goose!

your contribution to society is epic! your parents must be proud of you.

If only you knew.

I'll pass thanks....

E 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:19 pm

schuey07 wrote:
DT56 wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
DT56 wrote:

end of story

Mate I'm the same, the ones that are going all crazy about a few words on nicks have that Anglo guilt. The guilt that comes from being descended from the people that perpetrated the crimes against the indigenous Australians and then were racists towards the ethnic people when they started migrating here in the 50s.

As I have said before I don't have this guilt bred into me therefore I feel no need to give a second look at the PC bulls&@t the others peddle on here, thinking they know what it's like to be affected by racism. To them is it a cause, to some of us we have lived it, but they know better than us because they can write nice persuasive arguments or so they think.

I kind of get you, but I kind of don't. This isn't about being PC. Its just a respect thing. You might be onto something though because I will tell you that the victims of racial abuse for some reason do tend to feel free to play the race card (or as you say "not sorry about being PC). I wonder if its similar to the irony that most child abusers were themselves victims of child abuse. I wonder if that is something you should be celebrating and patting each other on the back for.

And I guarantee you, i'm as qualified as you are to discuss race.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:21 pm

Stupid, stupid man.

Was it on the Hot Breakfast?

If so Eddie should be seperated from Mick Malloy because the two of them cant help trying to out-bloke the other (remember the winter olympics) and they stoop to the most purile banter, firstly making boof head (I'm a dinosaur) jokes and now this.

Goodes deserves better than that and Eddie should be ashamed of himself.

This season is slowly turning into one from hell and Eddie ain't helping it in any way.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:22 pm

Flashman wrote:
Stupid, stupid man.

Was it on the Hot Breakfast?

If so Eddie should be seperated from Mick Malloy because the two of them cant help trying to out-bloke the other (remember the winter olympics) and they stoop to the most purile banter, firstly making boof head (I'm a dinosaur) jokes and now this.

Goodes deserves better than that and Eddie should be ashamed of himself.

This season is slowly turning into one from hell and Eddie ain't helping it in any way.

He did this before Mick was even in the studio. Nobody to blame but himself.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:23 pm

stoliboy wrote:
From Harry O'Brien

I'm a big fan of Harry's but that is a disgrace.

I would've expected him to condemn the comment but stress that Eddie is not racist and perhaps mention everything that Eddie and the Club have done for Harry and all the players, including the indigenous ones.

To throw Eddie under the bus like that is an act of terrible disloyalty. An unfortunate example of Harry promoting himself and his image, while not being prepared to support people who have supported him.

Weak.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:26 pm

Redlight wrote:
stoliboy wrote:
From Harry O'Brien

I would've expected him to condemn the comment but stress that Eddie is not racist and perhaps mention everything that Eddie and the Club have done for Harry and all the players, including the indigenous ones.

To throw Eddie under the bus like that is an act of terrible disloyalty. An unfortunate example of Harry promoting himself and his image, while not being prepared to support people who have supported him.

Weak.

That's Harry for you. If he put as much effort in playing football, he would be a superstar.
sandy 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:29 pm

Eddie had a brain fade, no doubt.
Harry O, should concentrate on playing footy and forget the twittering!

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:30 pm

Our country is one big whinging disgrace!!!!

Apes, king kong.... Maybe i'll kick up a storm to the media and get all upset the next time someone calls me a w0g on the footy field as has happened to me weekly for the past 20 years!!!

Oh, thats right... I'm a little bigger than that. Rolling Eyes

Sticks and stones people, sticks and stones.....

(Oh, and that refrence wasnt an attack on our indiginous friends.... Just in case its read that way!!!)

Last edited by burnsy17 on Wed May 29, 2013 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
E 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:31 pm

schuey07 wrote:
Redlight wrote:
stoliboy wrote:
From Harry O'Brien

Weak.

That's Harry for you. If he put as much effort in playing football, he would be a superstar.

He is a superstar. One of our best and most talented players. About the only player we have left with line breaking speed and penetration. He is also a premiership player (bow heads for a moment).

FFS, he is allowed to call it as he sees it. Anyone could see how eddies comments could be interpreted as racist. Harry does not have to be an apologist......... Imagine if people told your family that every time they heard a racist slur they not only had to cop it, but they had to defend the person who said it.

Silly concept.

magpie mal 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:34 pm

E wrote:

My father also had thick skin. But guess what? Over time, he went from preferring the company of skips to preferring the company of wogs. He didn't even realize that he did it. I guess his thick skin just preferred to relax.

If you really did suffer from the whole <SNIP> thing, I cant believe you don't get it. Maybe you should try and find out how your dad really felt......

Are you implying European Immigrants aren't the same as the rest of the Australian society? I find they are no different to anyone else, just not towards others with the same heritage.. Even though that does tend to waver when discussing different regions then their own in their home land.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 4 of 22   

Jump to: