Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie steps in it, again!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
stoliboy wrote:
From Harry O'Brien
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rkhm62

It doesn't matter if you are a school teacher, a doctor or even the president of my football club I will not tolerate racism, nor should we as a society. Im extremely disappointed with Eddie's comments and do not care what position he holds, I disagree with what came out his mouth this morning on radio. To me Eddie's comments are reflective of common attitudes that we as a society face. To me Australia is very casual with racism, I would argue that many people in this country would not think what Eddie or the 13yr old girl said last friday is 'bad'. In my opinion race relations in this country is systematically a national disgrace and we have a long way to go to reach a more harmonious and empathetic society.

Is he calling for Eddie to step down?

Memo to Harry and all the other bleeding hearts. I believe there are quite a few boats in storage up Darwin way that you could borrow to leave this country if you choose. Razz

Just one question though, is it the putrid state of the Gillard government or what, but is the national mood just about as bad as it has ever been in Australia? We are a bit like America under Jimmy Carter longingly waiting for a Ronald Reagan to lift our national spirits. Roll on the September Revolution.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:58 pm

E wrote:

My father also had thick skin. But guess what? Over time, he went from preferring the company of skips to preferring the company of wogs. He didn't even realize that he did it. I guess his thick skin just preferred to relax.

If you really did suffer from the whole <SNIP> thing, I cant believe you don't get it. Maybe you should try and find out how your dad really felt......

My old man didn't give a s@&t. He knew that words were words. That's the point. He had friends of every race, because he didn't give a crap about the colour of your skin, he cared about the quality of the person. He was a great man who would bend over backwards to help anyone. There would not be one person who came across him who would have a bad word to say about him. That's why when he died 2 years he had a thousand people at his funeral because people had so much respect for him.

We make so much deal of a few words but some of the posters on these topics who think they have the moral high ground are nasty people and the disgusting names and belittling that they have called those that disagree with them are far worse than the word ape, but this is fine. They don't realise that the things they say are just as bad as what was said to Goodes.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:58 pm

Good on you Harry for standing up to racism, very proud of you mate.

Ed, I know that you know that you cocked up badly, we both know your not a racist but in looking for a cheap gag you put something out that that can and will be taken as racism and has offended people. Take your lumps mate and do whatever it takes to atone because I think that not only you and I but the broader community and the multicultural community at large know you are better than that.
Ah Tibor 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:00 pm

E wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
OH Dear, if eddie had half a brain, itd be lonely. Having said that, its just a foot n gob moment, and theres no way its racist.

I am really over indigenous round.

another Sergio Garcia moment, this time from Eddie Everywhere. Seems like even Eddie is a little bit racist deep down in his own way (reminds me of a broadway musical - $10 to the person who can pick the line). Sadly, it came out today. Its not funny and it wasn't an accident......

And while we are at it, I really hate people telling us to move on about hthings they said that they are uncomfortable about. We'll tell you when we are ready to move on Eddie if you don't mind.

Avenue Q

Chuck my $10 on the Pies 1-24 cheers Smile

E 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:02 pm

Ah Tibor wrote:
E wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
OH Dear, if eddie had half a brain, itd be lonely. Having said that, its just a foot n gob moment, and theres no way its racist.

I am really over indigenous round.

another Sergio Garcia moment, this time from Eddie Everywhere. Seems like even Eddie is a little bit racist deep down in his own way (reminds me of a broadway musical - $10 to the person who can pick the line). Sadly, it came out today. Its not funny and it wasn't an accident......

And while we are at it, I really hate people telling us to move on about hthings they said that they are uncomfortable about. We'll tell you when we are ready to move on Eddie if you don't mind.

Avenue Q

Chuck my $10 on the Pies 1-24 cheers Smile

The check is in the mail. I spent 10 minutes trying to remember it. Bloody awesome show. thanks for putting me out of my misery. I took my in laws and had no idea what they were in for. Those oldies didn't know what hit them. Classic!

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:05 pm

Carro wrote:
Political correctness gone mad. I can't help but feel like a bit of Karma though for Eddie, who referred to one of our 13 year old fans as a scumbag and that he hopes the police deal with her.

It is karma. Right now I'm just about ready to go into hibernation until that glorious Sunday on September 15 when this awful government that has turned Australians against each other is consigned to the trash bin of history. As George Harrison sang, "Here comes the sun." But right now I have never seen the mood so bleak in this country."

Why don't you parachute into Martin Ferguson's seat Eddie, now that the last remaining decent Labor member has called it quits on his political career (rats leaving a sinking ship).
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:11 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
Our country is one big whinging disgrace!!!!

Apes, king kong.... Maybe i'll kick up a storm to the media and get all upset the next time someone calls me a w0g on the footy field as has happened to me weekly for the past 20 years!!!

Oh, thats right... I'm a little bigger than that. Rolling Eyes

Sticks and stones people, sticks and stones.....

(Oh, and that refrence wasnt an attack on our indiginous friends.... Just in case its read that way!!!)

+1. I'm guessing the reference was aimed at a few of the self righteous posters on here calling everyone racist and every other name under the sun.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:12 pm

schuey07 wrote:
E wrote:

My father also had thick skin. But guess what? Over time, he went from preferring the company of skips to preferring the company of wogs. He didn't even realize that he did it. I guess his thick skin just preferred to relax.

If you really did suffer from the whole <SNIP> thing, I cant believe you don't get it. Maybe you should try and find out how your dad really felt......

My old man didn't give a s@&t. He knew that words were words. That's the point. He had friends of every race, because he didn't give a crap about the colour of your skin, he cared about the quality of the person. He was a great man who would bend over backwards to help anyone. There would not be one person who came across him who would have a bad word to say about him. That's why when he died 2 years he had a thousand people at his funeral because people had so much respect for him.

We make so much deal of a few words but some of the posters on these topics who think they have the moral high ground are nasty people and the disgusting names and belittling that they have called those that disagree with them are far worse than the word ape, but this is fine. They don't realise that the things they say are just as bad as what was said to Goodes.

Spot on. You all know that when they call me a troll they are being nice. Razz

That's the problem with taking the high moral ground, you always get the rug pulled out from under you. In theological terms it is called original sin as everybody has the propensity to **** up.

It always amuses me these PC merchants who take the high moral ground. What moral ground? Most of them (as secularist atheists) are moral relativists. According to that theory there are no OBJECTIVE grounds at all for moral beliefs. Hypocrisy. This week has exposed a lot of it.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:14 pm

Oh ffs.

Merely clumsy mumblings of a man probably tired and worn out by all the events of the last few days.

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:16 pm

jack_spain wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
E wrote:

Spot on. You all know that when they call me a troll they are being nice. Razz

That's the problem with taking the high moral ground, you always get the rug pulled out from under you. In theological terms it is called original sin as everybody has the propensity to **** up.

It always amuses me these PC merchants who take the high moral ground. What moral ground? Most of them (as secularist atheists) are moral relativists. According to that theory there are no OBJECTIVE grounds at all for moral beliefs. Hypocrisy. This week has exposed a lot of it.

There a couple that I have noticed over the years that are disgusting people, that you would not want to spend 5 minutes in a room with. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:22 pm

Lads, ease up on the venom yeah?

Everyone's been at each other's throats so much the last few days that I think we've all lost sight of the issues completely.

As far as I'm concerned (others may disagree, and that's perfectly fine) but this whole issue is in regards to the amount of consideration people need to have towards others (Black, White, Asian or otherwise), and to think before they say things that can be hurtful, or can be interpreted that way. For those that mean to sling racist insults, it's obviously reprehensible and inexcusable. For those that may utter a word or say something which they don't fully understand the power of, they need to be educated and have the damage these words can do explained to them.

A lot of this has now just collapsed into a mess of anger and vitriol going both ways (and I'm not claiming to be innocent here, as I've thrown some insults too). When discussing all of this, I feel we're kind of losing sight of it all by getting aggressive and personal over it.
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:28 pm

Absolutely friggin hilarious.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:31 pm

Goodes needs to harden the **** up, what a bloody sook.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Adz 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:32 pm

Goodes REFUSES to accept Eddie's apology.

I'm afraid the only honourable thing for Eddie to do is resign from the Presidency position.
Troppo 

standing on VB tins in the outer at Vic Park

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:36 pm

schuey07 wrote:

DT56 wrote:
ohh boy ... if it's Collingwood it makes news

The sooner the indigenous population learns to take the piss (like the rest of the country does) the better end of story

Mate I agree. I could tell you some stories about racism that my old man copped when he was younger, but he laughed it off and moved on. Maybe us wogs have thicker skin. Better not say to much I might get attacked by the self loathing Anglo brigade that resides on nicks, you know the ones I'm talking about.

Like,

WHO WON THE WAR! KRAUT LOSER!

Just saying.

Well, they started it didn't they?

Who Won the War!.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 6 of 22   

Jump to: