Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie steps in it, again!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

King Malta wrote:
Lads, ease up on the venom yeah?

Everyone's been at each other's throats so much the last few days that I think we've all lost sight of the issues completely.

As far as I'm concerned (others may disagree, and that's perfectly fine) but this whole issue is in regards to the amount of consideration people need to have towards others (Black, White, Asian or otherwise), and to think before they say things that can be hurtful, or can be interpreted that way. For those that mean to sling racist insults, it's obviously reprehensible and inexcusable. For those that may utter a word or say something which they don't fully understand the power of, they need to be educated and have the damage these words can do explained to them.

A lot of this has now just collapsed into a mess of anger and vitriol going both ways (and I'm not claiming to be innocent here, as I've thrown some insults too). By discussing all of this, I feel we're kind of losing sight of it all by getting aggressive and personal over it.

Mate you haven't been a bad poster you get your point across and don’t insult those that have a differing opinion. A couple of others on here, no matter what the topic, if you have an opinion that differs from theirs they will call you nasty names.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:40 pm

Troppo wrote:
schuey07 wrote:

DT56 wrote:
ohh boy ... if it's Collingwood it makes news

The sooner the indigenous population learns to take the piss (like the rest of the country does) the better end of story

Mate I agree. I could tell you some stories about racism that my old man copped when he was younger, but he laughed it off and moved on. Maybe us wogs have thicker skin. Better not say to much I might get attacked by the self loathing Anglo brigade that resides on nicks, you know the ones I'm talking about.

Like,

WHO WON THE WAR! KRAUT LOSER!

Just saying.

Well, they started it didn't they?

I wouldn't be upset if I was German, but I’m not so even less so.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:46 pm

schuey07 wrote:
King Malta wrote:
Lads, ease up on the venom yeah?

Everyone's been at each other's throats so much the last few days that I think we've all lost sight of the issues completely.

As far as I'm concerned (others may disagree, and that's perfectly fine) but this whole issue is in regards to the amount of consideration people need to have towards others (Black, White, Asian or otherwise), and to think before they say things that can be hurtful, or can be interpreted that way. For those that mean to sling racist insults, it's obviously reprehensible and inexcusable. For those that may utter a word or say something which they don't fully understand the power of, they need to be educated and have the damage these words can do explained to them.

A lot of this has now just collapsed into a mess of anger and vitriol going both ways (and I'm not claiming to be innocent here, as I've thrown some insults too). By discussing all of this, I feel we're kind of losing sight of it all by getting aggressive and personal over it.

Mate you haven't been a bad poster you get your point across and don’t insult those that have a differing opinion. A couple of others on here, no matter what the topic, if you have an opinion that differs from theirs they will call you nasty names.

Thanks mate, and I know exactly what you're talking about, I do find there is a fair amount of holier-than-thou-ness (not a word..but whatever) in some areas of this forum which I haven't encountered on other sporting forums.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:50 pm

Time to go Eddie......you farked up beyond the point of no return
Troppo 

standing on VB tins in the outer at Vic Park

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:51 pm

schuey07 wrote:

Troppo wrote:

schuey07 wrote:

[quote="DT56"

]ohh boy ... if it's Collingwood it makes news

The sooner the indigenous population learns to take the piss (like the rest of the country does) the better end of story

Mate I agree. I could tell you some stories about racism that my old man copped when he was younger, but he laughed it off and moved on. Maybe us wogs have thicker skin. Better not say to much I might get attacked by the self loathing Anglo brigade that resides on nicks, you know the ones I'm talking about.

Like,

WHO WON THE WAR! KRAUT LOSER!

Just saying.

Well, they started it didn't they?

I wouldn't be upset if I was German, but I’m not so even less so.

[/quote]

Apologies for simply making an uninformed guess re your familial origins Shu's, but given your adamancy re not being a German, it is nonetheless a trifle 'how's-your-father' to be second guessing how echte Germans may react or respond to Basil's (quite unintended) provocation.

Adz 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:55 pm

Who replaces Eddie as interim president?
Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:59 pm

why should eddie resign? who cares he apologised move on. there has been so much ape and goodes talk in the last week its probably up in all there minds we are only human after all.
Beast 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:00 pm

I'm more outraged about the producers of King Kong and Planet of the Apes franchise...

Didn't they know that over a hundred years ago the term "ape" had a racist connotation????

Its despicable if you ask me.

On a serious note, those calling for Ed's resignation have outed themselves as mongoloids.
Troppo 

standing on VB tins in the outer at Vic Park

Adz wrote:

I understand Mr Peter Joseph "Jack" van Tongeren may be available if called.

Lazza 

Adz wrote:

Craig Kelly?

Dr. Kennedy or others from the Collingwood Board?

Hiss?
Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:02 pm

"It was unintentional, I’m a responsible and experienced broadcaster. I was tired this morning… Bad luck."

lol I love eddie honestly. ASIF he is standing down geezus
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:02 pm

Lazza wrote:
[quote="Adz"]Who replaces Eddie as interim president?[/quote]

Craig Kelly?

Dr. Kennedy or others from the Collingwood Board?

Hiss?
No preference.
courtza 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:05 pm

Of all the people who post in this forum ,how many have actually lived and had dealings with the indigenous people of this country on a daily basis.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:17 pm

sandy wrote:
Eddie had a brain fade, no doubt.
Harry O, should concentrate on playing footy and forget the twittering!

It would have been nice for Harry and ed to have had a quiet conversation behind closed doors, where Harry could put his side forward about all his hurt feelings and likewise ed would have been given the opportunity to put his side forward.

Unless of course Harry truly believes ed is a racist and saw this as a great opportunity to throw his own clubs president to the wolves. Way to go Harry O you moron , And way to go ed you idiot.

I don't know what ed was thinking even going near the subject. Get some more sleep buddy. Bet lets be serious eds not a racist.
And I don't know where Harry gets off using flogging twitter to express his deep emotional hurt at a gaffe loosley related to King Kong and goodes.

I don't know which one i am more disappointed in.

Ed for his stupidity given the current climate.
Harry for being an overreactive dickwad and compounding the problem.
Adam Goodes for sooking like a bitch because someone called him an ape.
Or people in general who seem to break apart at the seems and cry into their pillows over stupid bloody name calling. Cry me a river.

Are we really so precious. Get over yourselves and grow a spine.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:18 pm

Stinger wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
IM so wary of racism now I don't think I can play chess for awhile, with black n white pieces , on a black n white board. ! If I checkmate the black King, is that virtual racism ?

And why is it the White team goes first? Racist I tells ya.

LMFAO !!! Laughing Laughing BY God, after this week we all need a good laugh now Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 7 of 22   

Jump to: