Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gubby Allen accepts 12-month anti-doping ban (and resigns)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redlight 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Member 7167 wrote:
... I would have to say that it astounds me that Gubby received the same sentence as James Hird.

I hadn't thought about it like that. Mind boggling.

I'm sure Robbo will write an article about how much integrity Gubby has and how brave he's been.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:07 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
... I would have to say that it astounds me that Gubby received the same sentence as James Hird...

What, an all-expenses paid 12 month family vacation to Europe? Confused

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:35 pm

Lucky we're pretty right for wing/halfbacks or this could have been serious.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:44 pm

watt price tully wrote:
No matter what people think of Caroline Wilson she has been proven right here as she was with the Essendon case. For me this brings into question the due diligence by Collingwood & the manner in which it was done. Questions need to be answered. This is not a good way to run a footy club

Club said they were aware of Gubby's situation, chose to proceed anyway so hardly a due diligence issue and they clearly thought it was worth the risk. Be nice to still have Balmy on deck to fill the void for 12 months but someone else will do it. It's just not that big of an issue.

PS: and GWS may still cop some penalties, let's just see how this plays out. Be disappointed if they got off Scott free.

Last edited by jackcass on Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:23 pm

teacup and storm.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:21 pm

Redlight wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
No matter what people think of Caroline Wilson she has been proven right here as she was with the Essendon case. For me this brings into question the due diligence by Collingwood & the manner in which it was done. Questions need to be answered. This is not a good way to run a footy club

Agreed, Gubby should never have been officially appointed until this matter was settled, that much was obvious from the very start. The rush to hire him while this was still a live issue is troubling to say the least.

I'm not all that comfortable with persisting with him under the circumstances. We have two convicted drug cheats on our list already, now a convicted administrator.

Not a great look.

Rubbish. They're not drug cheats. They took some laced line of coke at the St Kilda festival. Drug cheats are those who try to obtain a competitive advantage by taking performance enhancing substances, hardly what Keeffe and Thomas were doing. This is an ASADA witch hunt and Gubby Allan is running to cover to avoid a longer sentence.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:29 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Redlight wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Agreed, Gubby should never have been officially appointed until this matter was settled, that much was obvious from the very start. The rush to hire him while this was still a live issue is troubling to say the least.

I'm not all that comfortable with persisting with him under the circumstances. We have two convicted drug cheats on our list already, now a convicted administrator.

Not a great look.

Rubbish. They're not drug cheats. They took some laced line of coke at the St Kilda festival. Drug cheats are those who try to obtain a competitive advantage by taking performance enhancing substances, hardly what Keeffe and Thomas were doing. This is an ASADA witch hunt and Gubby Allan is running to cover to avoid a longer sentence.

You've been drinking the Essendon Koolaid.

Keefe and Thomas were caught with a banned, performance enhancing, substance in their blood. It doesn't matter how it got there.

It doesn't matter when it's the Chinese swim team, it doesn't matter when it's two Collingwood players.

ASADA isn't the enemy, in this country sport is at greater risk from those who seek to undermine the watchdog and make excuses for the cheats. The fawning over Jobe Watson is, frankly, sickening.

It's a shame that the AFL is in the cover-up and minimise business, instead of the integrity of competition business.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:02 am

Gubby has implemented part 1 of his plan. He can step away for 12 months and come back in and implement part 2 in November next year. Move on.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:03 am

Culprit wrote:
Gubby has implemented part 1 of his plan. He can step away for 12 months and come back in and implement part 2 in November next year. Move on.

True. But it still sucks.

Like someone said earlier its all designed to minimise the damage to GWS.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:37 am

Presti35 wrote:
Culprit wrote:

I agree and in saying that it's a nothing sentence. The media are saying the Club and Allen are set to part ways. Just another year, same shit different day at Collingwood.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:37 am

watt price tully wrote:
SHADOWS wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Agreed...Our Mighty Magpies have a Stench about them, the makings of a perfect Storm..It's starting to feel like the "Tony Shaw" days..

No that's going way too far & going OTT. I assume you're making a joke.

However the decision making & the process needs to be questioned in a rational manner.

Really? Is it though? I some how missed this news yesterday, and now I'm really really pissed off. $£$%^%%$ stupid stupid stupid arrogant decision. Unless of course the club comes out now and says they knew nothing, which obviously, is not true, so I hope they don't make it worse by lying. I don't care how good he is, sack him. Goodbye good riddance. As to why he got more than the player, exactly the reason I have some sympathy now for the Essendon players. Guilty yes, but it was the clubs choice to destroy/hide the records. The powers that be should always be held to a higher standard, and it was these two $£$%^%%$ morons who said we will hide you and cover this up.

Remember the no tolorence stuff last season? working so hard to clean our image up and now this. Another fricken debacle before the players walk on the field. You make your own luck and your own Karma, and this is a thousand black cats walking under a ladder into a magic mirror. Dumb dumb dumb. And I am so so so pissed off the board took the chance.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:39 am

Culprit wrote:

Yahoooooo another wasted season.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:40 am

Culprit wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Culprit wrote:

I agree and in saying that it's a nothing sentence. The media are saying the Club and Allen are set to part ways. Just another year, same shit different day at Collingwood.

Yep

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:41 am

Redlight wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Redlight wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Not a great look.

You've been drinking the Essendon Koolaid.

Keefe and Thomas were caught with a banned, performance enhancing, substance in their blood. It doesn't matter how it got there.

It doesn't matter when it's the Chinese swim team, it doesn't matter when it's two Collingwood players.

ASADA isn't the enemy, in this country sport is at greater risk from those who seek to undermine the watchdog and make excuses for the cheats. The fawning over Jobe Watson is, frankly, sickening.

It's a shame that the AFL is in the cover-up and minimise business, instead of the integrity of competition business.

Brilliant post. My sentiments 100%

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:57 am

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/whitfield-affair-collingwood-set-to-cut-ties-with-banned-graeme-allan-20161114-gsp57o.html

Lets $£$%^%%$ hope Eddie and the board show some balls and stick with this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 14 of 24   

Jump to: