Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

My dream team (at start)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2000 1:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe! Good one Alf!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

Mich@el Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2000 7:23 pm

I strongly agree with Anthony at CHB and Saverio at FF, and to suggest that either of the Rocca's are liabilities is ludicrous loser talk!
Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 29, 2000 6:14 am

Been reading this thread for the past few weeks(?) and always fascinated by the Rocca debate: we either love 'em or think them disappointing.

INTERESTING NOTE: the last time Sav had virtually no pre-season and started Round 1 in the reserves was 1995...
...the year he kicked 93 goals...

...worth thinking about...
Lozza 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 29, 2000 5:06 pm

I honestly reckon it is make or break for Sav this year. Lets hope he really fires up coz I think he'll make a huge difference to us this year if he does. Hopefully MMM(Mighty Mick Maulthouse) can do to Sav what he did for Cummings. Here's hoping......

As for little bro, I think he'll play most of his footy in the backline this year. Last year was his best for us by far and he was mainly a defender. Given MMM's way of thinking when it comes to defence, it's hard to see Ant play anywhere else although surely he would be used in the forward sparingly when needed. Personally, it would be great to see Ant blitzing at CHF and bombing goals from outside 100m, but unfortunatley he hasn't been able to show that consistency.....yet.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2000 2:23 am

Magpie Greg,

The 95 ANZAC video is one of my treasured possessions - and it IS very obvious to see Breraton's coaching of Sav, blocking other defenders, etc on that day. But doesn't this also show us that if we have 2 genuine focal points on our forward line that Sav will benefit? What about having Tuckey leading one way, Sav the other?

Sav is a FF - no more than that. He is similar to Plugger in that he should NEVER be dragged, as he could kick those 2-3 in the crucial 5-7 minute period, and the rest of the time he occupies the key defender. His biggest problem since 96 has been Shaw's coaching and the continual denting of his confidence thanks to Shaw's lack of understanding of footballers who aren't totally self-motivated.

As for Ant, those suggesting more time at CHB are spot on. I'd rather see his 60m+ bombs heading towards our forward 50 than being sprayed wide of goals. Interesting to speak to one of his coaches from when he was with the Knights: this guy claimed Ant should have always been played at CHB, as he never read the play that well coming into the Forward line, and the reason he kicked so many goals in the VSFL was simply his size compared with the others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: